Ah sorry, I thought you referred to Hoksu's link. SimDream steal their models from all over the place, old GTR2 mods, rFactor, GTL, AMS, even rF2 and several others. Their Physics are usually cobbled together from varoius AC cars. SimDream stuff isn't necessarily from AC originally.

They said they'd go legit after the Simracing604 fallout, but no idea if they kept to that.

Ok last question, does anyone have the Sim Dream F1 2009 mod and is it any good?

I have the above mod Hoksu linked but it is just one car with skins. I would prefer variations between the teams.

is anyone able to recreate that helmet?
029421c3dd4f08fb0437684cb2af68b2060f2186_154335_xccxx.png

Any one able to help me move some timing gates on a user generated track. Basically I want to run the 1.7 at MSR Cresson but the current layout has timing gates on the 3.1 track. I thought it would be pretty straight forward to do myself using some of the tools. But the track wont load =(

Any one able to help me move some timing gates on a user generated track. Basically I want to run the 1.7 at MSR Cresson but the current layout has timing gates on the 3.1 track. I thought it would be pretty straight forward to do myself using some of the tools. But the track wont load =(
You can make new timing gates in a separate kn5 file, then use the models.ini to load them up. It matters if they are loaded up first or last; one of those options will override any exsisting timing gates so you'd have to check which one. Same applies for AC_START_x etc.

Be aware that when you use a SimDream mod, due to using other car's physics, you most likely use a car you already own that just looks different, which mostly defeats the purpose of a sim imo.

Sim Dream trash isn't worth having even for free. Or so I'm very subtly implying, wink wink, if you know what I mean.

When there is a choice between top quality car with different skins, or several trash quality "different" cars (none of them are different cars in any meaningful way), I choose the former exactly 100 times out of 100. Whatever floats your boat and all that though.

You cannot expect to just name any F1 season and expect to find a full grid of Kunos/RSS/VRC quality cars of that season.

Last edited:
Be aware that when you use a SimDream mod, due to using other car's physics, you most likely use a car you already own that just looks different, which mostly defeats the purpose of a sim imo.
yes but someimes all ou want is a car that looks lik it even if it doesnt drive like it dioes irl.

i Made it already but didnt put it online because i am not so satisfied with result. Few logos are not correct placed yet. In past i shared too quick in enthousiasm the skins. I finish it bit later. currently i make for my self the RLL with 5th 3rd bank livery. Also when this is ok I will put them both online

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea