Sorry if this has already been asked but on Rfactor 1 there was a brilliant touring car mod by DanZ called VRC VTCC. Does anybody know if has made it to or in the process of coming to AC? It had some brilliant models and I made a lot of skins for them back in the day which would look great in AC

I'd love to see a properly done Isle of Man TT course, either from scratch or from editing one of the existing two that we already have. It seems real life got in the way for both the creators as development just stopped. I'm not really fussy about graphics either, I just want a version that captures the elevation changes of the course. Unfortunately this is something that the existing versions fail badly at.

I've even considered trying to edit one of the courses myself for private use, but I've no idea how plausible it is to take an existing track and then massively adjust elevation without screwing it up.

I'd love to see a properly done Isle of Man TT course, either from scratch or from editing one of the existing two that we already have. It seems real life got in the way for both the creators as development just stopped. I'm not really fussy about graphics either, I just want a version that captures the elevation changes of the course. Unfortunately this is something that the existing versions fail badly at.

I've even considered trying to edit one of the courses myself for private use, but I've no idea how plausible it is to take an existing track and then massively adjust elevation without screwing it up.

Yeah, it wont work... tracks just arent built for re-modeling.

And scratch build almost 38 miles is something like maybe one or 2 guys would have the patience for, and obviously... have to want to do it lol

Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing. And it's not really surprising that work stalls on a project of this scale. If you imagine that it could take maybe 3-4 weeks to complete each mile of track to perfection, that could be 3 years+ for one guy. That's got to take its toll on your motivation.

Would like to ask if any track modder would be able to help with a 'touge' style road me and my friends use often in real life at my country but is not famous worldwide, a run uphill or downhill would take about 1 minute each to drive so it's a really short track, it's coined as '99 bends' in Singapore, please PM me if you'll be able to help! thanks!

Yeah, it wont work... tracks just arent built for re-modeling.

And scratch build almost 38 miles is something like maybe one or 2 guys would have the patience for, and obviously... have to want to do it lol

Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing. And it's not really surprising that work stalls on a project of this scale. If you imagine that it could take maybe 3-4 weeks to complete each mile of track to perfection, that could be 3 years+ for one guy. That's got to take its toll on your motivation.
As I feared then, thanks for confirmation, saved me several hours no doubt of watching tutorials, downloading software and then getting fed up of not being able to achieve what I wanted in the first place!

I'm grateful to the guys that made what we've got anyway, as you say it's a huge chunk of work and I'm in a tiny minority in that actually living on the IOM, I've a little more in depth knowledge of the layout and therefore, fussier to the accuracy.

Hi,
With Nascar 2003, we used to race this track in a league on the Sierra Servers long ago. That track for Nascar 2003 was very well done. Since the Real Indycar series is racing tonight there, making a Gateway Oval track come to Assetto Corsa would be awesome and would add my my collection of Indycar series tracks.

Note I do see there is a Rfactor version of Gateway- both Oval and Road
thanks and take care.

Hey guys i have an oldschool request. I was playing recently some 90's racing games, and i'm a big fan of Assetto Corsa as well. I bet there a lot of you guys have played and enjoyed NEED FOR SPEED II and NEED FOR SPEED III HOT PURSUIT on your childhood. There are three cars who i would love to see in Assetto Corsa: Ford GT90, Lotus GT1 & Italdesig Cala those three cars are just awesome. There is also some nostalgic tracks like Hometown, Atlantica, Pacific Spirit... is there anyone who could make it?
View attachment 294429
View attachment 294430
View attachment 294432
GT90 already was released!

Having attempted in the past to get into GP Legends, especially the 55Mod, without much success I am delighted to see that AC is now beginning to present itself as a serious alternative for fans of vintage racing. Also AC also offers the chance of a nostalgic experience that goes back even further than GPL. Pre.war car mods are quite thin on the ground, some are rFactor imports with dodgy physics while others seem to have been abandoned, like the promising Mercedes W125. The newly released Bugatti 32 by Nicecuppatea is very good however. It's good to see these historic vehicles being brought back to life digitally for everyone to experience and appreciate.

In terms of tracks we have Donnington Park 1938 which is probably the most retro of all the AC tracks and is just great. There are quite a few 50s and 60s versions of tracks available all of which are excellent.

I wonder if any GPL readers might be inspired to consider a switch to AC? It needs more vintage content in terms of cars and tracks, but the basic handling and graphics are simply on a different level. For example the GPLea Crystal Palace track would be ideal for a retro revival and how great would it be to see Brooklands in AC with a 3.5 litre blower Bentley to drive around it?

The pre-war racing era (that's as in epoch, rather than English Racing Automobiles) has been largely ignored in the sim racing world, but if anyone can do it justice it's the AC modding community.

Hi
I've been working this beautiful track lately with racetrack builder but since this software has its limits and my 3d software skills are pretty much no skill at all i can't finish it the way i would like to... So if anybody is interested in helping me a bit i'll be glad if you send me a PM

circuit004.jpg

Hi guys,
now idea if this the correct place for a skin request.
I'm looking for a painter that would like to paint the Porsche 908LH, Alfa Romeo GTA and the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 for the use in a german racing league.
If this is the wrong for asking place pls switch this post.
Many thx and kind regards
dirk

Jack Jordan submitted a new resource:

2007 Ferrari mod help - 2007 Ferrari mod doesn't work and I cannot find the file needed.

The 2007 Ferrari mod that was made by the VRC Modding Team does not work for me. I know what to download. It is the custom helmet that Kimi Raikkonen used in that season but I can not find where to download this. If anyone could provide a link or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Read more about this resource...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back