So, the part is being painted by skin_00 and the map. On the map it showed it was censored. This was R34 skin from kunos. Can somebody help me?
View attachment 498710
I'm having a hard time trying to understand what is it you need help with. When you post a certain word in this topic, it seems to be censored. So I don't know what the actual word is.
You wrote: "On the map it showed it was censored."
Censored?
Do you mean the white part of the car is coming all black? If so, there must be some problem when opening the DDS file in that Photoshop.

I'm having a hard time trying to understand what is it you need help with. When you post a certain word in this topic, it seems to be censored. So I don't know what the actual word is.
You wrote: "On the map it showed it was censored."
Censored?
Do you mean the white part of the car is coming all black? If so, there must be some problem when opening the DDS file in that Photoshop.
Not my post was censored but the skin
If you look onto top right of skin map, below the bumper. It looked like its being "censored" by devs to create black color

Attachments

• _url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.racedepartment.com%2Fattachments%2F1629997201925-png.jpg
    _url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.racedepartment.com%2Fattachments%2F1629997201925-png.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 66
Ah... "censored"... You could have said things in another way, no?
I'll try to explain as much as I can:

metal_detail.dds - Defines the color and spekles of the car. The default is dark blue. You can change the global color of the car in this file.

Skin_00.dds - White and black image that defines the (fake) ambient occlusion of the car. This image will blend with metal_detail.dds to make several shades of blue (the default color). If you want to paint stripes, logos, different colors, etc., you need to check alpha map: where it's black, it will blend as I just explained; where it's white it will ignore metal_detail.dds and use the color you paint in the image.

Skin_00_MAP.dds - This is a "map" file that defines how much light the car reflects, how detailed the reflections are, how metallic the car looks like. The variations are done with RGB values (good luck trying out all of them...).

Why is it "censored" in the green image? It's simply a darker green. It means that part will reflect less light, have almost no reflections, and be non metallic. Well, it's plastic, right?
The hard part is finding a non "censored" one where you can see the shades in the plastic. It can be done though.

Try these ones (use in Photoshop and save as DDS):
YIKjw6S.png

ZIBGQ3a.png

Last edited:
Ah... "censored"... You could have said things in another way, no?
I'll try to explain as much as I can:

metal_detail.dds - Defines the color and spekles of the car. The default is dark blue. You can change the global color of the car in this file.

Skin_00.dds - White and black image that defines the (fake) ambient occlusion of the car. This image will blend with metal_detail.dds to make several shades of blue (the default color). If you want to paint stripes, logos, different colors, etc., you need to check alpha map: where it's black, it will blend as I just explained; where it's white it will ignore metal_detail.dds and use the color you paint in the image.

Skin_00_MAP.dds - This is a "map" file that defines how much light the car reflects, how detailed the reflections are, how metallic the car looks like. The variations are done with RGB values (good luck trying out all of them...).

Why is it "censored" in the green image? It's simply a darker green. It means that part will reflect less light, have almost no reflections, and be non metallic. Well, it's plastic, right?
The hard part is finding a non "censored" one where you can see the shades in the plastic. It can be done though.

Try these ones (use in Photoshop and save as DDS):
YIKjw6S.png

ZIBGQ3a.png
I got this message, How can I fix it? (Edited: I found it, need to "flatten image" before saving it as DDS)
1630049496551.png

And what is the best format I should use? Should I use DXT5 or 8.8.8.8 or anything else? Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited:
I saw that there's a Shuto Expressway track! I've always enjoyed the vibe of fantasy "highway" circuits. Is there any way we could get the GT Sport tracks of the expressway into Assetto Corsa?

I think the Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop is the most interesting but getting all the layouts would be a dream for AC GT racing :D

Last edited:
I got this message, How can I fix it? (Edited: I found it, need to "flatten image" before saving it as DDS)
View attachment 498849
And what is the best format I should use? Should I use DXT5 or 8.8.8.8 or anything else? Thanks a lot!!!
Skin_00.dds
Default:
1024x1024 px (0 mipmaps) -----> 8.8 - AL 16 bpp | alpha/luminance (because it's black and white with a single alpha channel).
If you're painting it with some colors:
2048x2048 px (0 mipmaps) -----> DXT5 (the one I sent you is a little bigger. You can even make it 4096x4096 for more detail. Don't forget to include the alpha channel!).
Or:
2048x2048 px (0 mipmaps) -----> 8.8.8.8 - RGB 32 bpp | unsigned (better texture quality but bigger file).

Skin_00_MAP.dds
512x512 px (0 mipmaps) -----> 8.8.8 - RGB 24 bpp | unsigned (leave it like this if you're not messing with reflections, etc. Or you could make it 1024x1024 if you want to make the paint matte or more metallic, with more detail).

Last edited:
Skin_00.dds
Default:
1024x1024 px (0 mipmaps) -----> 8.8 - AL 16 bpp | alpha/luminance (because it's black and white with a single alpha channel).
If you're painting it with some colors:
2048x2048 px (0 mipmaps) -----> DXT5 (the one I sent you is a little bigger. You can even make it 4096x4096 for more detail. Don't forget to include the alpha channel!).
Or:
2048x2048 px (0 mipmaps) -----> 8.8.8.8 - RGB 32 bpp | unsigned (better texture quality but bigger file).

Skin_00_MAP.dds
512x512 px (0 mipmaps) -----> 8.8.8 - RGB 24 bpp | unsigned (leave it like this if you're not messing with reflections, etc. Or you could make it 1024x1024 if you want to make the paint matte or more metallic, with more detail).
Thank you for the guide. Anyway, do you know how to make it metallic? How is the setup?

1630376208169.png

Anyone had this tyre map and the normal (RE71RS)?

Thank you for the guide. Anyway, do you know how to make it metallic? How is the setup?

View attachment 499799
Anyone had this tyre map and the normal (RE71RS)?
Skin_00_MAP.dds - This file (usually a green color) defines 3 things (each pixel of the image):
R (red channel) - amount of light the car receives (how much "white" it gets when hit by light);
G (green chnanel) - how defined the reflections are (more or less blured);
B (blue channel) - how metallic the paint is (less is matte, more is metallic)

About the tire... if nobody did it already, then you need to find pictures online (front and the grooves like that picture) and try to match the position in the original textures. That's a lot of work though...

Skin_00_MAP.dds - This file (usually a green color) defines 3 things (each pixel of the image):
R (red channel) - amount of light the car receives (how much "white" it gets when hit by light);
G (green chnanel) - how defined the reflections are (more or less blured);
B (blue channel) - how metallic the paint is (less is matte, more is metallic)

About the tire... if nobody did it already, then you need to find pictures online (front and the grooves like that picture) and try to match the position in the original textures. That's a lot of work though...
Probably "easier" to remodel that tire thread in 3D and bake a Normal map of it fitting the given UV... but maybe a bit much for just skin work.

Probably "easier" to remodel that tire thread in 3D and bake a Normal map of it fitting the given UV... but maybe a bit much for just skin work.
Maybe. What I did, in my LaFerrari skins (because Kunos didn't use the correct real tires), was all in Photoshop. By using pictures from real tires, using the tire 3D from the car as a template, and a lot of pain to get everything correct.
The hard part is matching the new tire texture to the existing 3D. But it's doable.

So, if I want to make it metallic or matte what I need is change the exposure on blue channel. Is that right?
Yes. From 0 to 255, matte to metallic. I think there was a problem if you use 0. Just try bigger than 0.
For testing: Create a Skin_00_MAP.dds all of the same color. Then keep changing the RGB channels until you get the effect you want. Then draw this color in the parts you want that effect.

Does anyone know of any late 80s - late 90s F3000/Formula Holden cars out there? Would love to see some Reynards, Lolas and Ralts on a grid together! I haven't been able to find them for any sim :(

A proper Fiat 100-Series engine soundbank for the Panda 900 would be greatly appreciated. The visuals and physics are great, but a suitable engine note would really complete this car.

EDIT: I have found some audio samples, if anyone has any knowledge in sound-mod creation would these be helpful in any way?

Last edited:
Would anyone be willing to recreate this livery for the Mercedes in this Top Car pack? The generic number-less liveries for these cars aren't really doing it for me and I don't have the skills with GIMP for skin-creation.

Here you go:

AK_Top_Race

I would like to drive the Toyota Starlet EP91. It is a 1.3 little car. The turbo variant of it was sold in Japan as the Glanza V and made around 130 bhp. I own the naturally aspirated variant which is the 1.3 EP91 5-door 75 bhp. I would like a model to be made since is not in game at the moment. I want the 3-door 1.3 n/a one and one with the turbo engine (no differences on the exterior and interior except a boost gauge for the turbo car.) I can pay using a paysafe card. I will review the mod and see if I like it once done if its good you may get good bucks. If you are interested in making this for me and preety much everyone message me on discord. Please serious offers about this only. Greedy#7843 I will send you pics of the interior and the car itself for you to make your life easier when modeling. Not looking for scams btw.

p.s Im not gonna respond on race department so thats why I included my discord message me there if you are interested
I'd love this too as i drive one :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea