I suffer framedrops at the end of the pit straight. I tried on two decently specced computers and keep having it.
You can drop into a hole in one sandbox (don't remember which turn) and other unfinished things like that.
Alright, fair enough :)

I checked and the whole track is closed. Apart from some openings in the barriers that aren't closed off, so you could go off-track and fall through the parking lot. But everything on track is closed. (red is the road)
1612968586865.png

The amount of draw calls on the main straight is incredibly high at around 6000 with a single car. That is doomed to stutter on lower end machines. On my decent (but so not great) system it's perfectly fine, though.

Interesting! Thank you for checking it out. I indeed think the hole was behind a barrier.

My main system is a I5-4690K @4ghz with a GTX1660, is this a low end machine nowadays?:(

My CM settings are the ones recommended for SOL. What's weird is that huge tracks like LAC work fine with this setup.

You got me curious with being so quick to find how good or bad the track is. Can you share with me your process? I'd like to be able to make my selection quicker without having to drive each track several rounds before I know what's up.

To check for holes, go to the track in CM (not available in the free version) and click the arrow next to "update map" at the bottom > "update map from surfaces". You can check/uncheck various surfaces, screenshot it and for clarity I isolated the road and painted it red in Photoshop; just so I knew where what part is on track.

While ingame, open the "Render stats" app (this might be one of the developer apps so it needs activation in CM Settings > Assetto Corsa > Apps > check "Developer Apps"). Overall it's not very well documented but it has been covered in one of Stefano's live streams once, explaining some of the numbers.
For performance, the red graph is quite important. If that spikes you have some issues. Also the amount of draw calls (DIP) and batch size (B.SIZE) are important. There is a bit of explanation here.

DIP is heavily influenced by the amount of materials in this case. With CSP's "Object Inspector" app, you can find out what material is used, which textures are used, etc.
There are atleast 4 different materials for grass that use the same settings; that should really be one material.
Also, everything you see on Kunos tracks (and most optimized mod tracks, like LAC) is not used for physics calculations. That's all done on hidden mesh. In the case of this Magny-Cours the entire visual mesh is split into sections to be used physically (the objects begin with a number in front); adding to the DIP count and reducing overall performance.

In the end it can run fine on some systems. But it can "kill" some other systems.
And regarding that: Sol advises to use some settings. But CM has so many more settings that affect performance. Think about GrassFX, realistic mirrors, tyre deformation, heat haze, ambient occlusion, etc. Add them all up and it can drastically reduce performance.

Last edited:
is it possible that someine could make this livery for the ginetta g40 gt5
You're gonna need a lot more than that as reference material; You should get pictures of the following elements of the car's livery:
  • Front Bumper & Windscreen
  • Rear Bumper & Window
  • Side Profile & window(s)
    • If the design is asymmetrical (e.g. the 1999 BAR 01, then both side profiles need to be done)
  • Roof, Bonnet & Rear Wing Main Plane
A full-frontal shot on its own isn't going to give enough to work with.

You're gonna need a lot more than that as reference material; You should get pictures of the following elements of the car's livery:
  • Front Bumper & Windscreen
  • Rear Bumper & Window
  • Side Profile & window(s)
    • If the design is asymmetrical (e.g. the 1999 BAR 01, then both side profiles need to be done)
  • Roof, Bonnet & Rear Wing Main Plane
A full-frontal shot on its own isn't going to give enough to work with.
ok thanks will try and get some more photos of the car :)

Does anyone know of or have the ability to create Speed Racer cars for Assetto Corsa with the appropriate specs.

If not I'd be willing to pay for the cars
All car Specs: Theoretical Top Speed 250mph, Manual 6 speed, 8,500rpm redline
Mach 5: FR, V12 (Pagani Zonda sound), none of the gadgets, slightly bigger fins on the back like the original anime
1615477306872.png
Shooting Star: MR, V8 (SLS AMG or AMG GT3 sound), (I like the movie version slightly better)
1615477047222.png
Prince Kabala: RR, Boxer 6 (911 turbo sound),
1615477729175.png
Snake Oiler: MR (engine beside driver), Straight 6 (2JZ turbo sound),
1615478132781.png
Melange: FR, V8 (LMP2 sound),
1615478430269.png
Thank You

Hey there, fairly new to RD.

I plan on attending track days at the FIRM (Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park) and wanted to get some experience on my sim like I do with the Sebring track. I've seen some tracks done by request and was wondering if someone would have the time to do the FIRM track for AC? Does not have to be high quality by any means, just a basic track layout that I could practice the turns of the track on would be amazing. Below you should be able to find the track map and a Google Maps link to the track as well. Thanks in advance!

1615530908337.png

1615530908337.png

I would LOVE to see someone recreate the track of Dijon-Prenois for AC.
It was hosting the F1championship in the 1970s and was never destroyed by modern track changes up to today.
It's still as glorious as it was back then, with a lot of high speed corners and tricky elevation changes in others.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a modern Formula Ford/Formula Vee mod but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Would be much appreciated if anyone could make it. :)

I'd like to ask for a skin for the RSS Hyperion 2020:

The skin I'm asking for is the Red, White & Blue Hornet from Daytona USA:

Templates are available here:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play