Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I'm overwhelmed by your enthusiasm for the game itself.
Meh i just don't know what to add more at this point. I was pretty confident in this title months before release, and was looking forward to it, while everyone else were saying "nah, it'll be garbage, wrc is for kids".
So it turned out preddy damn good. I've already pointed some strong and weak points, should i repeat the same in every article about the game?

Yeah, me too. :giggle: However...
I'm overwhelmed by your enthusiasm for the game itself.

Not just sayin'...
I wouldn't help you anyway. You are a bit of a loudmouth who likes the sound of his own voice.:rolleyes: So search for the easy fix yourself. Pm was on the way but now cancelled. :cool: Just sayin......

4 core i5, and life sucks... stutter galore, no matter what. But I find turning off DOF and Cam Shake, along with tweaking some settings, and Control Panel Geforce tweaks such as let it control Vsync not the game (google all of this for WRC 8) I can get a decent 60fps 1080p about 85-90% of the time. GTX 970... doubt its the card its the cores :(

But yeah... time to FINALLY upgrade ;)

Anyone have any idea why my wheel (L G27) shakes like crazy when I use handbrake (depends from surface but more on hard surfaces) which makes me use it less and less. Which also makes me look bad on leaderboard... :x3:
Imagine me driving (not only this game but seems this one is the worst) during the night (when I catch some time) when everyone wants some rest and then crazy wheel makes these very loud and rather unpleasant noises.
Not cool, I'll tell you... :unsure:

I read that but we are in October now
:laugh:

WRC 8 Update 1.11 Released 2.jpg

A new update has been released for the PC version of WRC 8.

Having already been in receipt of a new build as recently as last week, WRC 8 fans have again benefited from the hard work of Kylotonn Games earlier today, with build 1.11 dropping for the PC version of the title.

Certainly not considerable in size, V1.11 just focuses on language detection within the game.. details of which can be seen below:

Build 1.11 Update Notes
  • The language detection has been fixed.
  • Addition of language selection directly in the setting of the in-game menu (Options -> Gameplay Settings -> Game Language)
    Note: Restarting the game is necessary for this to be applied.
WRC 8 Update 1.11 Released.png

WRC 8 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For the latest and greatest from WRC 8, check out the RaceDepartment WRC 8 sub forum today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Ive had multiple. Rolled back Nvidia drivers and it seems more stable. Two BSOD's were not related to graphics card though, they happened in the menu or service park on career and it has corrupted my career saves twice so when i reboot i lose my career.

I haven't had BSOD in years on my PC and it runs everything else i throw at it fine. Its not only a little scary, but ive lost probably 10-12 hours of career progress, and im afraid to start another career now. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and/or found a solution or heard from a dev? I have posted on twitter and FB but no response as of yet.

I just picked up DR2 and the Season 1 DLC for 60% off on Steam, to compare it to WRC8.

I quite like it. They're both different and both have pros/cons.
The RX Kart in DR2 is great fun, as are the RX tracks. Much better than the RX in PC2.

I think they're both great, and complement each other quite well.

I totally agree with you. WRC 8 is a lot harder than DR2.

If you make a small mistake, the game doesn’t forgive you which is a little bit frustrating.

The stages are awesome in fact. However, because of the dark areas it is not easy to see ahead which makes you spin off road. You have to memorize the stages.

For the sound aspect, I think DR2 is better but WRC is on the average imo.

I am also still struggling to FFB setup for my T300rs wheel.

Some of the WRC8 stages can be kinda "crazy" regarding the width of the road and the general frequency of the corners and such (which I think is the result of the stages being fantasy tracks). The handling of the cars also can feel somewhat weird at times with a bit of "lag" in the steering or whatever it is, plus they launch into the air on various bumps quite easily. And the not-so-ideal FFB also doesn't help to feel the car.

But overall, even if DR2 is the superior game in every aspect IMO, WRC8 is actually fairly close, which is nice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back