• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured WRC 8 Update Time - New Build Now Available

Discussion in 'WRC 8 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,846
    WRC 8.jpg
    A new build of WRC 8 has been made available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC earlier today.

Having already set off from the blocks in pretty impressive style, Kylotonn Games have continued to work hard behind the scenes developing the official videogame of the 2019 World Rally Championship - with a fairly substantial new update for the game having dropped earlier today.

Focusing on bug fixes and game improvements, one of the key points of interest from the new build is arguably the improvements made to the career portion of the title. With Kylotonn 8 having already worked a substantial offline career mode into WRC 8 at game launch, the developers have spent the last few weeks listening to community feedback in order to further tweak and improve what is already a very solid and engaging aspect of the title.

Check out the full update notes for the new build below:
    • Fixed the issue where the pacenote timing was inverted.
    • Addition of meteorologist and engineer mistakes mails.
    • Fixed some crashs.
    • Fixed the “Race Master” Xbox Achievement and PlayStation Trophy.
    • Fixed the “WRC Champion” Xbox Achievement and PlayStation Trophy.
    • Fixed the British nationality name in the DriverCard.
    • Fixed the unorthodox path drones and helicopters could take.
    • Fixed the rear windscreen sticker location on the Legendary Volkswagen Polo R WRC.
    • Fixed the issue where the player’s WRC badge could not be displayed correctly.
    • Hard tyres are now forbidden in tryouts.
    • On Italy - Sardegna, the RedBull arch has been slightly moved to avoid aerial crashes.
    • The Interface has been polished.
    • The stages have been polished.
    • The water splash effects have been polished.
    • The Spectator Mode has been polished.
    Career Mode
    • The user interface has been polished.
    • The Career Mode has been balanced.
    • Some Career objectives have been fixed.
    • Quick Play ghosts are no longer showed in Career Mode.
    • Difficulty can be change at the beginning of each new season, without restarting a career.
    • Manufacturer reputation for superior championships categories is now earned at the end of each rally and each season depending on the position.
    Developers comment: Manufacturer reputation was previously earned only by completing Manufacturer events.
    • Difficulty of Extreme Events has been decreased
    • Starting value of manufacturer reputation and threshold of contract proposal has been tweak.

The new update should automatically download the next time you fire up the game on either Xbox One, PS4 or PC.

WRC 8 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For more from the world of WRC 8, join in with your fellow community members and head on over to the WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 3
  2. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +668
    I enjoy WRC 8 for the driving experience, on wheel and pad, and the career mode for the single-player experience. I've had a ton of play value from the game.

However, it is a real B movie mess in terms of recurring errors and bugs, even after this patch. The bugs are far too many to mention but here are a few that pervade regardless of patching:

- Weather 100% wrong even with the 'Frog' perk card which is weather 100% correct for next rally, eg all dry sunny forecast, every stage rain.
    - Staff members disappearing after rallies and on game restart.
    - Conflicting objectives - short term 'don't use soft tyres', medium-term 'don't use hard tyres'
    - Super Special Stage opponent car on-screen is not a representation of actual time achieved. The player car will report 'green' winning stage times and the AI car on the screen will be well ahead or even have finished the SSS.
    - Do punctures ever happen in this game?
    - AI cars never get penalties during rallies.

The list goes on and on.

However, all that said, I've bloody well enjoyed the stages and driving and am very nearly WRC champion in career mode. Sometimes bad can be good.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. MoodyB

MoodyB

Ratings:
    +15
    Hopefully they'll eventually fix the fov so that it actually affects the interior of the car & not just the outside world.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    Paul,

That video in your post made me aware of these shorter stages. Hadn't noticed them before -- Great for learning for a Rally newbie like me.

Thanks!

5. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +610
    Same here. Strangely enough... this game with all of it's bugs is still very enjoyable. :x3:
    Mystery of some kind I guess.
    +1
    Wish they fix that too, really. But I know a guy who hate that weird FOV more than both off us together and he'll come to this thread, no doubt whatsoever. :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,604
    "Hate" is such a strong and overused term.

If something as ultimately inconsequential as a weird feature implementation in a videogame really makes you hate it (or makes you think others hate it), you might be taking things a bit too seriously. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. toweleeie

toweleeie

Ratings:
    +5
    its a 15 gig update but im not seeing 15gig of content....... wonder if we've got some DLC coming?

hmmm

8. Raging Beard

Raging Beard
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    But still no support for Simvibe or Next Level Racing motion V3?

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. TOYKILLA

TOYKILLA

Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully they add a Dataoutput for the PC Version, for Motionsimulation and Gadgets.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Stalker22

Stalker22

Ratings:
    +11
    I agree too. I wanted to say this too that the conflicting objectives is nonsense like the car condition too.
    On SSS i notice this too I thought wtf, how i'm winning and i'm so much behind + this happens on stages to in some rally the 2nd finish +25sec behind me and is some other stages like in the Germany the 1st and 2nd is only -25sec faster that the others drivers+me too(WRC+WRC2 the time is the same).
    And the AI, yes they never get penalties "the penalty system in this game is wrong,this is wrc not Formula 1" i saw only 1 time a broken car in the stage "the co-driver didn't say nothing"and the only thing that happens is the driver finish in the low place i don't remember exactly from 2nd to 11 or 10 i think.(Sorry for the English)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +668
    Just for fun, because I really do like WRC 8, this is my favourite bug in the game...and yes it's still there after the latest patch.

All those stage miles without incident but can't park on the podium! :D

• Haha Haha x 23
    • Love Love x 2
  12. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager & Podcast Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,248
    That is beautiful.

• Beer Beer x 2
  13. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +610
    You don't make a lot of friends on internet, don't you ? :unsure:
    Just sayin... :sneaky:
    :D

14. Yeschristopher

Yeschristopher

Ratings:
    +11
    It's an expression... derp

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ludwig von Mises

Ludwig von Mises

Ratings:
    +46
    That has been happening since WRC 6 LOL.

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. Cussco

Cussco

Ratings:
    +4
    Lol, Your right but it seems you are the one taking things too seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. oktopus

oktopus

Ratings:
    +0
    hi mates, i have this problem on my wrc game, can you help me? its full game and i have internet connection wrc 8.jpg if u have a solution please mail me to airamstres2@gmail.com or post here THX

18. b)b

b)b
    Premium

Ratings:
    +68
    Another one, because it is glorious and never gets old !

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. Aki Korhonen

Aki Korhonen

Ratings:
    +20
    richard burns rally has better graphics when you apply reshade graphics mod.kylotonn stop spending money so our forest can grow!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +610
    Then perhaps you can explain me how the hell can I FORCE RBR to run in ANY 16/9 resolution !?? Either my screen is 4:3 windowed or everything in awfully stretched from 4:3 all over my 16:9 screen. RBR have most realistic physics ever in rally, and it's hard like driving Grand prix legends on public roads but graphic wise hmm... not so stellar.
    Although... I agree to a point that WRC 8 could use some better graphic engine. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.