Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
t300
Overall 85%
Constant 100%
Periodic 100%
Spring 0%
Damper 100% (its the only game i use damper in) ill try to set it differently in game so i dont have to use it
Auto centre by the game

These are the settings i currently use and will probably change but for now im very pleased
Ill link you the mods for DR1 later, wife getting angry...

View attachment 324518

EDIT

RFPE https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dirt-rally-rfpe-mod.12130/
ALTERNATE PHYSICS FOR RFPE 1.0 https://www.racedepartment.com/down...-all-cars-increased-cg-height-and-more.15552/

Thanks!

When ending up off course, there's usually a prompt saying "Return to Track" with a number in a circle. What does that number in a circle mean -- press a particular button? If so, are those buttons on the keyboard or on my G29 wheel and how do I know what (for example) "4" is or "6" is?

Because I don't know the answer to these questions, I always have to wait for the game to countdown automatically (usually 6 seconds) before I'm returned to the track, so I lose lots of time (which I certainly can't afford).

So, I guess what I'm really asking is - what's he fastest way to get back on-track after a shunt into the woods?

Thanks! (Sorry for the long-winded question....)

I just don't understand how people can prefer WRC8 FFB over DR2, let alone think DR2 FFB is "broken". I mean it's your subjective taste, so you're obviously entitled to that opinion, but it just boggles my mind.

Also, I would recommend anyone to not bother with any RFPE mods or anything like that. It's been done in multiple games and it's always the same. All it does is make the car handling weird (as in not better), and you'll have problems going online with the game and possibly even be flagged as a cheater.

Yes, it's the number of the button you should press. Many games do this, sadly, because they can't be bothered to map the buttons to actual symbols on the buttons for all control devices (and create icons for all those buttons). After a while, you generally start to remember which button is which.

You should be able to check the number either when remapping the controls in-game, or in the controller test panel in Windows.

The car reset button will likely be mapped to either triangle or square.

Kind of useless actually in that case, IMO. (Because of the speed you approach each turn and how long the symbol stays on screen, exactly when is the displayed distance accurate?)
Just a note - you really shouldn't be relying on visual pace notes, in fact the best you can do is turn them off. You might feel like you need them right now, but they will only be holding you back eventually, so better to just dive right in straight away.

I've got a weird situation; I pre-ordered from CDkeys, on release day they pushed back their release date until 19th September, I just checked my order and there's a key there now... but it's for Steam (it says!). Steam won't unlock the game until September 2020, so I'm a bit confused right now... maybe it's an Epic code and they messed up the code page, I guess I'll have to try using it and see...

I've got a weird situation; I pre-ordered from CDkeys, on release day they pushed back their release date until 19th September, I just checked my order and there's a key there now... but it's for Steam (it says!). Steam won't unlock the game until September 2020, so I'm a bit confused right now... maybe it's an Epic code and they messed up the code page, I guess I'll have to try using it and see...

Well definitely don’t try it in Steam as you’ll be waiting a while for it.

I have checked it and it is the game. It just is very oversharpened for some reason. Even if you turn off the sharpen option, it is still oversharpened a lot. I just didn't notice it before, because I wasn't examining a static image closely and it's not as noticeable in motion.

And that's exactly the reason why I was suggesting people should wait with getting WRC8 through resellers this time, even if they generally don't have issues with resellers.

This whole thing with them going Epic exclusive shortly before release with multitude of issues resulting in that has been a mess.

Good luck resolving the issue, though.

In the normal stages the effect is not so massive as in the test drive area.
Monte Carlo looks on some places also little bit oversharpened.
Now i reduced the sarpen effect little bit and rised the resolution to 2k.
But compared to DR2.0 its still weird.
Why there are only medium textures?
I play with maxed setteings....

It depends where you buy such keys and reading often help :)
In my case i have bought by Mm.... and they mentioned it the description that is an Epicstore version. And it works flawlessly. Bought lot of games/other kind of keys and had never any problem with activaction or using the key.
So the cheapest offer is not always the best solution...like in case of VirtuaIceMan

WRC 8.jpg

A new update for the PC version of WRC 8 has been released.

Developed by Kylotonn Games and published by Bigben Interactive, WRC 8 has been met with a largely positive response from the sim racing community since release day back in September - marking arguably the most impressive instalment for the long running series to date.

Having started off life positively, the developers apparently remain keen to keep on top of the most commonly community requests, having already deployed a few small updates across all platforms on which the game is available.

Earlier today another new build to the simulation has been deployed, this time focusing on the PC version of the title, looking to address some of the ongoing peripheral compatibility issues that currently exist within the title.

WRC 8 PC Patch Notes:

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the issue where some pedal devices were not being recognised as additional peripherals.
Developer comment: If you have encountered an issue with your inputs, please delete all input presets. Restart the game and return to the input menu to verify that everything is correct.
  • Change the default deadzone of new axis binding.
  • Enhance axis detection and configuration on new axis bindings.

Although not exactly massive, it is still positive to see Kylotonn are keen to continue development of the title, hopefully building on the already very solid foundations that have been laid with this official representation of the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship videogame.

WRC 8 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For more from the world of WRC 8, join in with your fellow community members and head on over to the WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back