RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like i mite have to sign up again :cautious::cautious:

53798324.jpg

Yes. Apologies if you don't like the tracks for this series, but I'm trying to bring some fresh blood by using the free content. Seems to be working since we had four new faces in last week's event.
No apologies due Ross, I was just assuring myself that I was reading the right layout this time ehehe. I totally misread it last time and had to adapt in qualy (failed miserably - no time set lol - damn track limits at Portimão :mad:).

#Monza is the one I don't fancy, at all...

Great for newcomers, the more the merrier :thumbsup:

Oh and just checking.... Is the stated time of 19.00 UTC equal to 20.00 (8pm) for UK based racers?

I'm confused as I thought UTC and GMT were the same thing and turned up an hour early last week :roflmao:

Last edited:
It may be too late for this event @Goffik but you might want to consider in future the race time of day. As the server is set on afternoon daytime, I'm the tyres get sweltering hot with virtually uncontrollable temperatures. Which obviously caused some issues. But if the server is set on Sunset, the tires are more controllable temperature and where wise. Which can certainly make for better racing as it is better to control the car than to fight it due to extreme tyre temperatures?
Please give this some consideration.

Last edited:
I'll do my best to make this one. PC issues mean I've wiped both my SSD and HDD with a clean reinstall of Windows to follow.

Naturally R3E will be the first game I install once it's up and running, but I'm not sure it'll all be done in time.

I've not even had the chance to practice some of the awkward corners of Sepang!

I'm confused as I thought UTC and GMT were the same thing and turned up an hour early last week :roflmao:
Sorry mate, I've used an old template which I haven't updated properly since the clocks changed. :redface:

This event starts at 20:00 UTC, which is also 20:00 GMT.

But if the server is set on Sunset, the tires are more controllable temperature and where wise.
There's one problem with that, and that's lighting/shadows. It hits VR users massively in the performance department so I stay away from both sunrise and sunset. What we need is that ability to set the ambient temps ourselves...

Fun races for me today, thanks all who joined and @Goffik for hosting!

My self-inflicted lap 1 spin in race 1 left me chasing the pack. Great last-lap chase with @Goffik including a super-clean two-wide through T7-8 made it worthwhile. It came down to the final corner and 0.07s at the line!! :thumbsup:

Race 2 I had a good start (In the non-turbo R51 I was using full TC for the launch and then switch it fully off for the remainder of the race) and led for a few laps...was only a matter of when, not if, the top 5 would catch up as I was ~1-2s off race pace. First @Calvyn White who somehow managed P3 at the end of lap 1 then @Jan Larsen after I bodged T12 and lifted to give position :whistling:....thought I could use their tow for the last 1/4 of the race but absolutely no chance!!!

I find these flat tracks make it hard to pick references on-track, like T11 here (the weird right hander with the crane)...looking forward to one with a bit of elevation.

@Goffik Sorry Ross for bumping in Race #1. Missing brakepoint. I hope you are not hurt.
Haha, no worries Michael! You just about tapped my bumper as you screamed by, but other than that no harm done. Apart from making jump out of my skin! :p

As some of you heard on TS, I hate this track so I wasn't looking forward to it. And it didn't disappoint... I was constantly checking the clock to see how much torture was left! :D I did have some fun moments with people, especially those mentioned by Nicolas above, but it was a hard night for me. Oh well, on to the next one!

Yeah same as Ross, I detest the track and its layout, its the pinnacle of Tilke shitness.

However! And on a much more positive note; I had some cracking battles tonight! I complete ballsed up the start in race 1 trying a new start procedure which meant I somehow ended up in 4th gear 10 yards after the start which obviously meant I got swallowed up by the pack. Spent much of the race recovering but unfortunately I slid right into Steve and/or KO I think it was on the last lap in T1 after a very optimistic/overzealous divebomb. Sorry about that gentlemen, not my finest hour :(. It looks like you two found eachother in T2 right after, but I waited as that was the only decent thing to do. Salvaged a 3rd which was ok.

Race 2 was a lot better. Got a fair start, but quickly got overtaken by both Calvin, KO and Steve. I couldnt believe I lost places to all three, so I decided to absolutely throw caution to the wind and be as agressive as I could be. Sometimes a little too much here and there with the game and CC reminding me to behave (track limits/contact). After some intense racing I found myself inching closer to Calvyn lap by lap but I just couldnt get closer than half a second which just wasnt enough to mount an attack. I basically sent it hard into the last corner on the last lap which to my complete surprise almost worked. We must have traded paint, it was that close, but it wasnt enough and finished 2nd some tenths behind.

Great couple of wins Calv, you had that one covered :thumbsup:

Last edited:
well... that was interesting.

I was way off the pace all night (which is fine given the limited practice I'd had during the week leading in).

Race 1: Think I suffered some kind of weird server issue. Half way through lap 4 or 5 my car froze for several seconds and my lap delta went to -10 seconds. Sorry if this affected anyone else but I'm really hoping not given how far back I was running all night.

Race 2: Made a reasonable start from the reverse grid but had a coming together in T1 with no. 29 Castrol Livery (sorry, Im not sure who who it was, @EireGreen™ possibly?). Big apologies, I would have stopped to let you past but I honestly didn't realise until I watched the race replay afterwards that it was my slight contact on your rear left bumper that sent you spinning round. Funnilly enough we had another very similar contact in the final corner a couple of laps later as you were coming back through where I understeered into you a little bit just enough to cause a contact which then sent me around. Anyway I picked up one place from that point to finish P10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 87 30.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.8%