RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking like I won't be able to race tonight. I've been waiting all evening for my HDD to clone to an SSD and it's still not done yet. With the HDD so busy all loading times are horrendous, and I doubt it's going to be able to run R3E smoothly. But we'll see...

Steven - apologies for the little tap into the 2nd hairpin in R2. Was hoping that me, you and Jan would be able to keep that going to the end without any contact from any of us. My error cost you 2nd place to Calvyn so apologies mate. And a separate apology to both Steven and Jan for depriving us all of an intense 3 way battle for the lead. All the same nice driving Jan (and Steven). Fast as ever.

And thanks for putting it on Goffik. Good track and car combo, although I do absolutely hate the corner that cuts out the remaining middle section of the GP circuit. Just can't find the right pedal inputs as I'm going through it. Span there in the first race and clipped the barrier in the second race, giving the lead to Steven.

Last edited:
A very good couple of races from my perspective which was filled with action.
So much so I will definitely be looking at my replays before I can really comment on so much that was going on.
But I do know it was brutal 20-minute races tend to be. Treating every corner as if it's named after you. Which also tends to make things a little, let's say feisty. But I do believe everything turned out to be ok I've got no complaints, for sure.
Well done everybody on the podium and well done all thanks for the racing see you in the next one. :thumbsup:
My race setup. To much wing.

Attachments

• 2020-11-19_06-32-22_cougar_c14-2_race.svm
    7.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Well, the first race was fun but a shame about the second! :(

I kept background apps to a minimum since my PC was busy transferring drives (hence no stream or TS tonight) and had nothing but a few momentary stutters throughout practice, qualy and race one. Then in race two I was surprised to find myself in the lead, but then a few laps in everything just FROZE. Stayed that way for at least ten seconds, and when it started moving again everyone was past me and I was heading straight into a wall.

No idea what that must have looked like for you guys, since on my screen I was frozen right in the middle of the track on the racing line. I hope it didn't cause anyone any problems! :unsure:

Steven - apologies for the little tap into the 2nd hairpin in R2. Was hoping that me, you and Jan would be able to keep that going to the end without any contact from any of us. My error cost you 2nd place to Calvyn so apologies mate. And a separate apology to both Steven and Jan for depriving us all of an intense 3 way battle for the lead. All the same nice driving Jan (and Steven). Fast as ever.

And thanks for putting it on Goffik. Good track and car combo, although I do absolutely hate the corner that cuts out the remaining middle section of the GP circuit. Just can't find the right pedal inputs as I'm going through it. Span there in the first race and clipped the barrier in the second race, giving the lead to Steven.
No problem, I suspect Calv would have caught me anyway though I didn’t seem to lose as much pace in R2 with overheating tyres. I know what you mean about that corner, always felt I should be able to take more speed through it but the camber meant that any early power just pushed the car wide with no grip at the front.

Ross, I think there was also some net code issues during Race 2. I found myself halfway through a car, and I do believe there was another incident with a couple of other guys.

Sorry, you had the issues nothing worse when you're in the lead only to be ****ed overbuy something you have no control over. But I do suppose one race is better than no race. Considering your circumstances, you were transferring data from one hard drive to another. I'm actually surprised you managed to get one race in. You shouldn't be so bloody lazy next time and get it done sooner. :laugh:

Last edited:
No problem, I suspect Calv would have caught me anyway though I didn’t seem to lose as much pace in R2 with overheating tyres. I know what you mean about that corner, always felt I should be able to take more speed through it but the camber meant that any early power just pushed the car wide with no grip at the front.

It's similar to Rivage at Spa Francorchamps in that sense. Although you don't get the downhill to help keep the front turned in. When Ross announced the circuits I was initially happy that we had gone with the national circuit as it removes the mid/fast right hander. Easy to lose it there, especially with all those Portuguese sausages laid at pretty much every apex at Portimao. In hindsight i know which I'd rather have now.

Good thing slightly awkward corners will be missing from Sepang....

Qual: Good session really, managed to click in some good laps, including a pb.

Race 1: Got a poor start with too much wheelspin and got swallowed up by the pack. Got beaten around in the middle of the pack in T1, but nothing too serious. Eventually found my rythm and got back in the lead a few laps later down the straight. I focused on getting some hot laps in to build a gap and from there it was just a case of managing it and avoid the damn track limits.

Race 2: Held back on purpose into T1 to see if I could slingshot anyone before T2. It sorta happened but only because people went off. Took a while to get through the pack (these cars are difficult to overtake if the speed is near the same) but eventually found myself in a 3 way battle for the lead with about 8 mins to go. Hung back for a few minutes to see where opportunities would arise because I knew passing would be difficult. I saw Rory make a mistake which meant Steven snug by. I feared Steven would just run away while I tried to get around Rory. but that wasnt the case. When I saw Rory catching back up to Steven I knew we were in for a 3 way fight.
First try was in T1, but them two going side by side meant I had no room to overtake, so was forced to stay behind. Then got a run on Rory, but annoyingly he hung on side by side for like half a lap like a tick, refusing to give in and he won the position back. Nice comeback mate! As I had slightly better exit speeds out of the last corner I tried again into T1. This time I took a different approach and stayed behind to watch how Steven and Rory battled it out into T1. Got one of them in T1 and cut off the slingshot counter move to keep the position and later got by the other (I cant remember which of you) in an outside pass near the end of the lap. Not soon after I saw Rory tab Steven in the rear view mirror which gave a nice cushion to ease it home.
Cracking battle gents, one of those that I'll save on my internal harddrive in my head :thumbsup:

I found myself halfway through a car, and I do believe there was another incident with a couple of other guys.
Could that have been me while I was frozen?

Considering your circumstances, you were transferring data from one hard drive to another. I'm actually surprised you managed to get one race in.
Me too, to be honest. With the HDD clicking away constantly I didn't think it would work at all. But although it took ages to actually load R3E and get on the server, once on it ran fairly well. Until the freeze of course. Stupid thing is that it was the end of the process that caused the freeze, not the process itself! (There was 6 mins to go at the start of race two.)

Oh well, the upgrade was worth it. Windows start is down to about 20 seconds from 5-6 minutes, along with all the other benefits of an SSD.

Could that have been me while I was frozen?
Most likely yeah. I ran soem 100 yards behind but noticed a short flicker of a stationary car just after T1 and someone going through it which was Calv by the looks of it. Then you discoed 1 sec later. It all happened so fast that I didnt really understand what happened.
Oh well, the upgrade was worth it. Windows start is down to about 20 seconds from 5-6 minutes, along with all the other benefits of an SSD.
SSD is probably the best single upgrade one can make :)

Results01.png

R2.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com
<== Paste link into your browser to connect.

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Practice Server:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Practice Server
Race Server: RaceDepartment.com EU - Silhouette Series
Cars: Silhouette Series
Track: Sepang - Grand Prix

Saturday 28/11/20
Practice:
20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:30 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:50 UTC (5 minutes)