RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! From Friday to today I've just been resting, only checking in with RD to see if there were any PMs needing immediate attention, so that's why I haven't posted anything here all weekend. :)

All in all I'm ok, no real issues. As mentioned, I've not had any serious covid symptoms... a minor change to my sense of taste and smell (but I haven't lost it entirely, whereas my partner did), a tickle in my chest but not enough to make me cough, and the main one of just being overly tired. The race at Sepang left me feeling drained even though I wasn't racing that hard, so I decided to give this one a miss.

Feeling much better now though, had enough energy today to attempt a run on the treadmill. (I still have two days of isolation remaining.) Clearly not 100% yet though as I was ****ed by the end, far more than usual. But I should be back racing again this week, and will get the results and next thread up tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Results03.png

R4.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts3server://ts.racedepartment.com
<== Paste link into your browser to connect.

We highly recommend that you join us on [/B]TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Practice Server:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Practice Server
Race Server:[/B] RaceDepartment.com EU - Silhouette Series
Cars: Silhouette Series
Track: Monza - Grand Prix

Saturday 12/12/20
Practice:
20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:30 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:50 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:55 UTC (20 minutes)

Silhouette Series: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - R51 #22
  2. ko41 - the ORANGE one
  3. EireGreen™ - R51 #7
  4. PorDallas - R51 #25
  5. rustymoto - C14-2 - #29
  6. l33tman - C14-2 #30
  7. PurgerUK - C14-2 #14
  8. ScanScan - R51 #25
  9. joaopunk - C14-1 #33
  10. emarchena - C14-2 #38
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot

UTP#23

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment Silhouette Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up!

Note that the content required to race in this series is almost entirely FREE! All four Silhouette cars plus the first three tracks on the calendar are included with the free RaceRoom download on Steam, so this is a great opportunity to jump into our club racing scene and join the fun!

Details of the calendar are as follows:

21/11/20 - Round 1: Portimao - National
28/11/20 - Round 2: Sepang - Grand Prix
05/12/20 - Round 3: RaceRoom Raceway - National
12/12/20 - Round 4: Monza - Grand Prix​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Our regular club rules are in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish the race. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.​
3) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. It's up to you if you race in each round or not.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.​
5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car and number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings03.png

I'll keep the C14-1 #26
thanks
(boy, I hate Monza :cautious: )
brake-gas ; brake-gas; brake-gas-brake-gas; brake-gas; brake-gas; end.
I would hate it too if I drove it like that, but I don't, which makes me considerably faster than you.
Embrace the love of the circuit and all it has to offer, and you too can be as quick as I.
And you might want an add a gear change here in there as well, it will help. :roflmao:

Last edited:
@Jopamir and anyone. If I may, try lowering the wing one from the bottom ish. Lower the tyre pressure on the left-hand side by 3 or 4 clicks and up 2 or 3 on the right. Lower the right rear camber to zero front right up 3 from zero—lower the left-hand side camber by 4 or 5 ish clicks. Lower the rear ride height by roughly 10 clicks. Soften the suspension by one click ish. Stiffen the front fast rebound and bump one maybe two-ish clicks. Adjust the anti-roll bar as required from there. One or two clicks should work, ok. Maybe a little more +toe at the back. Test thoroughly make small fine adjustments to your taste and style one click at a time and test. :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:
@Calvyn White thanks Calv, when I say I don't like it, it's nothing to do about times or personal speed/craft (which I lack a lot :sleep:).
It's all about flow, pleasure of driving it (not), it's just so boring dull and, for me, a big big pain.
All that said, you have to do what you have to do. Bring it on!
(and thank you so much for it valuable tips - are they appliable to all 4 cars?)

Boringly dull, BORINGLY DULL. Luckily, I like you. ;):p. And as for your speed and craft that's all down to the lack of practice because that's the excuse I use.:roflmao:.
As for my so-called tips, I should imagine it would be ok as a basic start with some fine-tuning.
So please give it a go which I do believe you have and maybe my American friend @ko41 according to your times. And if you have, please let me know I hate the think I'm wasting my ****ing time in sharing any possible assistants I may be in a position to give with my above-average practice time. Which at times, I find it more important than the setup itself.
I myself love Monza it's probably one of my favourite tracks in raceroom.
Because of its long Straights, I find the most important thing about Monza is exit speed a good reasonable nothing over the top entry will leave you in a position on the track for the best exit possible.
One more little tip would you may already know but all the same. Halfway through Variante Ascari turn 9 short shift to 4th gear it will help with stability and exit speed I would say this will work with most cars ok.

Rest assured Calv, your f***ing time is in good hands here ehehe :thumbsup:
I tried your wisdom on the C14-1 and it really helped, laptime wise at least, not enjoyment though (long straights, heavy braking, tight chicanes, are not my thing).
For me, the biggest challenge I have is the Parabolica... I still don't know how to address that tuuuurrrnnn and have a good exit. To which gear you go down on entry? Better yet, how do you take it entirely?
Thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 115 56.1%