RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved that! Was unsure what to expect as I've not raced with any of you before. Fantastic racing though. Really liked the livestream as well! Thanks Goffik for arranging it all!

I'll be glad if I never see T2 and T3 at Mantorp again. My front tyres have begun legal action against me after the hammering I gave them round there.

On to Portimao!
I must have taken T2 and 3 300 times in the last week and I still have no idea how to do it right!! :confused:

Last edited:
Although close to home this is not a track I like very much. I hate the little stupid chicane... :mad: Qualifying went ok but had to redo it many times before clearing the stupid chicane... :sick:

R1, pretty satisfied with 3rd, was very close at the finish line with @ionONE1 but not quite.

R2, made a good start and was up to 3rd place before loosing it and spinning. Rejoined in 13th position. :rolleyes: Some good racing followed until I unfortunately spun @groove200 so sorry about that :(. Tried to wait for you and whilst doing that I managed to go off track all by myself and ended up 10th...

Thank you @Goffik for arranging this series, great fun. By the way, what are your TeamSpeek settings? I have the feeling I'm not being heard while speaking. Tested before and it seemed alright but unsure.

Wow..... that was epic .... much better performance than last week, had some intense laps both following and defending for my life . @Nabbor1 Its all good pal , I saw you slow down for me , thanks for waiting , but you didn’t need to chuck it in the sand !

great respect on track from everyone , you never feel like you are going to get stupidly punted from behind at every corner so gives you confidence to really drive hard and brake late if needed with trust in those around you . Thanks all , best racing I’ve had online .

Great racing tonight guys... really good stuff! :thumbsup: So much fun to watch during the broadcast, there literally wasn't a dull moment throughout. There was barely anything in it for the most part, and great respect being shown which is great to see. This is turning out to be a brilliant series, I'm already looking forward to next week! :cool:

By the way, what are your TeamSpeek settings? I have the feeling I'm not being heard while speaking. Tested before and it seemed alright but unsure.
Next time we're all on check your mic volume (in Windows) during practice. The volume required to be heard can vary greatly between devices, there is no catch-all setting unfortunately. For example, the headset I was using today requires a volume of 50, whereas my Rift S only needs 20 or I start blowing people's ear drums! :O_o:

Here are the results, Gentlemen.

Results02.png

GTR4S R3.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - GTR 4 Series
Cars: GTR 4
Track: Portimao - Grand Prix

Saturday 30/05/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:35 UTC (25 minutes)

Warmup: 20:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:05 UTC (25 minutes) - Reverse Grid to 10 Places

Entry List: 32 slots on the server, not limited per car.

BMW M4
  1. Jopamir - #74
  2. Gerdoner - #88
  3. Antmerino - #30
  4. groove200 - #96
  5. Ingemar Petersson - #181
  6. Mike Wyatt - #26
  7. IlPaoletto - #178
  8. Free slot

KTM X-Bow
  1. rustymoto - #80
  2. Steve Le Gallez - #100
  3. ScanScan - #84
  4. markg88 - #15
  5. Free slot

Lotus Evora
  1. Port1s - #48
  2. stevem - #14
  3. Derek44 - #0
  4. cagivariver - #34
  5. Free slot

Porsche 718
  1. David DeGreef - #966
  2. Belcar - #917
  3. Sasha Jednak - #4
  4. 2112 - #306
  5. Free slot

Porsche CS MR
  1. Keith_G - #222
  2. PurgerUK - #16
  3. Nabbor1 - #69
  4. Raf Nix - 28
  5. Free slot

Car TBD
  1. TBD slot

UTP#69

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the GTR 4 Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the rounds are as follows:

16/05/20 - Rounds 1 & 2: Silverstone International
23/05/20 - Rounds 3 & 4: Mantorp Park Long

30/05/20 - Rounds 5 & 6: Portimao Grand Prix
06/06/20 - Rounds 7 & 8: Zolder Grand Prix

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. You can sign up or not, as you please.

2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish both races. Deliberate DNFs will be excluded from future rounds, and possibly future series.

3) Full damage will be enabled, which includes the flat-spotting of tyres.

4) Points will be awarded for each race and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.

5) For each event every driver must be using a unique livery. Please state your chosen car and livery at least an hour prior to the start of the official practice sessions.

6) You are free to switch cars between events if you choose. However, you can not switch car between races at an event, because leaving the server after qualifying has finished will lock you out.

7) Despite the extra competition, you are still expected to abide by all of the regular club racing rules. The Golden Rule absolutely still applies to these events.

Standings

Standings02.png

Previous Results

Results02.png

Live Stream

Last edited:
Extra Info - Vote Ended
The vote has ended in favour of the Grand Prix layout, 16 votes to 6. That's the track we will be using for this event. :thumbsup:

Based on some feedback in TeamSpeak following last night's event, I've decided to hold a vote on which Portimao layout to use for next week's races. The Club layout is shorter, slightly tighter, and is possibly a bit more difficult to drive. The Grand Prix layout is slightly longer, a bit less tight, and a bit more forgiving, especially for those not familiar with the track.

As people like plenty of time to practice for our events, the poll will only be open for the next three days. If you have a preference then vote now or you may lose your chance! We will use whichever layout gets more votes, but in the event of a tie the original Club layout will be used. I won't cast the deciding vote this time, since I'm not racing.

Last edited:
BMW M4 #3

As for the layout choice, as much as I hate the Club layout I think that using the GP version will severely disadvantage the KTMs and Lotus'. I doubt they'll have the horsepower to keep up on those long straights.

KTM #80, please.

I am having to learn these tracks before each race so I have no immediate preference toward either of the options...I'll run a few laps on each layout and cast my vote for the one on which I spin least often. ;)

R1, coming from a bad qualy in 10th, had a big of a fight with the great Gentleman @Steve Le Gallez (cheers mate thank you for your patient) and managed somehow to secure that 6th place.:whistling:
For R2 I wanted to secure some more points than Mr. S.Kenwood (@PurgerUK) if possible - congrats bth Stephen, awsome job :thumbsup:), and atacked hard from the begining from P4 to P2. Had my front bumper right into @Keith_G (K. Griffall) for 1st place, but having made something I learned you should not do, <changing setup between races>:redface: (a bit more camber on front tires...), ended really cooking those and the car became very instable and very hard to drive until I met the wall twice and killed the engine - Game Over. Until that first spin I was having a great, great battle w/ our american buddie, Mr. Keith. great job there Keith, great defending ;) (Now I know how you suffered Steve Le Gallez eheheh:x3:).
Great series, great bunch of guys, great clean driving. What else can you desire? #RD/ROSS G. rocks!
See you all next week!
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 123 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 11.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 34.0%