RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong but the pit AI is turned on in the server. I have my autopit turned off in game and the AI still takes over when I am in the RD servers.

I've only ever used manual pitting. I don't even know how auto pitting actually works. Never any issues with DTs either, so I don't have much to weigh in on that either

Looks like refueling may be in the cards for this one. My calculations has me needing 20 laps to complete the race. The Nissan can max out 15.8 laps. :confused:

Anyone have a similar issue or ever needed to move a game to a new storage drive? I lost all my setups, replays, wheel settings and probably leader board times due to moving Raceroomto a larger HDD.

Last edited:
In Nissan 95...... I'm leary of that pit thing!

This probably sounds obvious but I'll suggest it anyway. One tip is set up a single race with AI and then preset the pit stops for a couple of gallons/liters of fuel and a tires, another with fuel only and one more with tires only.
What I do is stop after every lap and practice toggle between them, turning on/off actions and adjusting fuel until which time I don't get penalties or crash when trying to drive and make the changes.
How I approach entering the pit it is as soon as I hit the pit lane I activate the pit limiter, begin braking and down shifting so that when I get to the line I am at speed. Yes, you may loss a few seconds but it beats getting a penalty as there is zero tolerance as to amount of speed or distance.

I just can't get the car to work on this track. Still should be fun though!
I know what you mean , always seem to feel I need to change gear mid corner . But I’ve had a couple of AI races and I reckon it’s going to be great fun , some good overtaking spots and being so small reckon it’s going to be action packed .

Well, that certainly wasn't my evening. :D

R1 I was a fraction too late on the brakes going into the chicane, so I swerved to avoid ramming Florian. Which sent me right into the tire-barrier and killed my engine.
RIP.

R2 had me starting in last. Just slightly tapped someone during an overtake, and that spun me out.
Then someone else got the chicane wrong, and ended up sideways in it. So I rammed into him as well. :roflmao:

Ah well, some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. :)

Loved that! Was unsure what to expect as I've not raced with any of you before. Fantastic racing though. Really liked the livestream as well! Thanks Goffik for arranging it all!

I'll be glad if I never see T2 and T3 at Mantorp again. My front tyres have begun legal action against me after the hammering I gave them round there.

On to Portimao!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play