RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm annoyed with the Audi. Mustang #17, please.

Is there a trick to getting into the server? I went into Multiplayer and typed in the Server Name and nothing is coming up.

Treat her well. Hopefully you are a more capable driver than I am and are able to get more out of her, because; she never told me her Secret.

(I used that livery for the past 3 events.)

...Does R3E have penalty notifications? and where are they on the screen?
Does the pit options have a drive thru option? I couldn't find one, so how was I suppose to do a DTpenalty?
Is the server set to only "autopit"? If it is I think it may be impossible to do a DTpenalty. I'm going to turn my auto pit "off'.
Can we get a tech on the server to look at this?

Penalty notifications show up on the left side of the screen, detailing the driver and penalty to serve.
Raceroom's pitting AI is broken, definitely turn that off. Prochnow had nothing but issues with it too, resulting in him having to pit several times. Back when we raced at Zolder, anyone with auto pit on ended up smashing a wall in pit lane, breaking the suspension of their car. So definitely no auto pit, it's more fun that way anyway.

Penalty notifications show up on the left side of the screen, detailing the driver and penalty to serve.
Raceroom's pitting AI is broken, definitely turn that off. Prochnow had nothing but issues with it too, resulting in him having to pit several times. Back when we raced at Zolder, anyone with auto pit on ended up smashing a wall in pit lane, breaking the suspension of their car. So definitely no auto pit, it's more fun that way anyway.
Pitting has been a struggle in r3e for as long as I can remember. From the confusing “I was set to change four tires and nothing happened” scenario, to the old drive thru penalty while using pit limiter.

Some of us started using auto pit to avoid a drive thru while on the limiter. It worked flawless for me until Zolder. But at the end of the day, pitting is unfortunately a trial by fire, and you must pass through that ring of to become proficient at the pit stop.

And always make sure the items you need done in pit are selected green in your pit hud!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but the pit AI is turned on in the server. I have my autopit turned off in game and the AI still takes over when I am in the RD servers.

Believe me, I would rather take a penalty because I screwed up as opposed to having to take a penalty because the system designed to keep you from crapping on the floor upon entering the pits forces you to crap on the floor.

I did try the X-bow and didn't find it unpleasant round Mantorp. Takes the double right T2 and T3 nicely, and it's definitely better on the brakes than the M4.

I feel much more comfortable in front engined cars, with less chance of binning it. So the M4 felt like a more responsible choice :)

Correct me if I am wrong but the pit AI is turned on in the server. I have my autopit turned off in game and the AI still takes over when I am in the RD servers.

Believe me, I would rather take a penalty because I screwed up as opposed to having to take a penalty because the system designed to keep you from crapping on the floor upon entering the pits forces you to crap on the floor.
I had to turn on auto pit for it to work. I always used manual pit in the RD server, up until strange drive through penalties persuaded me to try auto pit.

Alright. After getting the hang of the Nissan, at my limit I got a 2:10 and some change. I then went to the leaderboards and seen what Dan and Keith were up to...

After seeing their times, I closed the leaderboard, shut the PC down and lit a bonfire consisting of my motivation, desire to race, any chance of not getting lapped and of course; my hopes and dreams.

Nice times fellas! :notworthy:

Of all the things that needs attention, I would put Pitstops right at the top of the list. I ended up getting DQ'd behind the Pit AI causing me to have back to back drivethroughs.

Then theres the controls. I stopped using the fightstick due to no place to sit it while racing. Why can't I use an onscreen interface with point and click control, if I wanted to?

After seeing their times, I closed the leaderboard, shut the PC down and lit a bonfire consisting of my motivation, desire to race, any chance of not getting lapped and of course; my hopes and dreams.
It's club racing so we are here to help you get faster. Happy to give you my setup and Dan or myself can give you some tips on getting it around fast if you want. I've found that my biggest problem with this car is overdriving! Letting it drift up to the corners with light braking and a quick exit after it is straight is the only way to make it work. Try not trying too hard and see if that makes your times better:thumbsup: I am plenty slow with certain cars and tracks and just some practice and help from the others have made it work. I'm old so don't learn new tricks well!!
Make sure to use the leaderboard and turn on the racing line so that you can see what the other person is doing. It will show the braking points and also gear shifts so that you can at least see how they are doing it. Might not work for you but at least you can see it. Hope that helps

Here is my setup if it helps. Remember to set the brake pressure and bias as you need to just keep from locking up. I have mine set very low and barely brake on the tight corners but let it coast in from a ways back.
The setup works for me but your experience may be quite different. It is balanced as long as you don't overdrive it. When the car is straight you can give it all you have but exiting corners just give it a small amount of gas until it hooks up. Hope that helps. :D

Attachments

• kg2-rdam-race_nissan_300zx_.svm
    6.9 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements