RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@sc4dr Not to worry Dan, I was so proud of myself until I noticed you put up that time back in April!! I knew then that I would be relegated to my rightful place soon enough:D Who is that French Dude that keeps making us look bad, he needs to come race with us:thumbsdown: :cool:

PLayout.png

Added the above image to the info post so that people can see what is being discussed.

The main straight is the same length for both layouts. The GP layout has a slightly longer back straight followed by another (bent) "straight". Then there's a longer, faster run up to the twisty bit, and that twisty bit isn't quite as tight as in the Club version.

So yeah, going with the GP layout will definitely favour the faster cars and may put the KTM on the back foot for a third successive event. That said, overtaking could prove easier with the bigger braking zones, so the overall racing may be better. It really is up to you guys. I'm genuinely enjoying streaming the races, so if this one ends up as close as the others then I really don't mind which layout is used!

@sc4dr Not to worry Dan, I was so proud of myself until I noticed you put up that time back in April!! I knew then that I would be relegated to my rightful place soon enough:D Who is that French Dude that keeps making us look bad, he needs to come race with us:thumbsdown: :cool:

Yea that Qicquel is quick. Of course I think he spends every waking minute running lb laps. It always feels good to knock him out of #1:D

But with all do respect, you should feel good for setting a blistering fast lb time!

ps I set that leader board time on default, with just a little less rear wing. If that helps anyone.

Those of us in the Mustang:

Go ahead an take out all that rear wing and drop the ride height a decent amount. We need as much top end as we can get. I've also pretty drastically changed the gear ratio so that the gears are closer together, but 1st gear is a good bit longer. I'll try to upload a setup or specify details on the setup sometime tomorrow

Same again - Evora #48 please. Half-way through now so might as well stick with it!

I'm like Nicholas - have to learn each course the race before so it makes little difference - on the evidence of the last two weeks I do prefer 'flowing' courses though so I've voted GP.

another fun occasion, in qualy i've reached the 1:20 which wasn't expected by my side and then my routine numb start forced me to have thrilling overtakes, i reached a good set up and great feeling with the evora but in the straight is an hopeless situation

race 2 a little bit unlucky, first a mistake at the end of the straight and then Merino hit me, a shame cause i think mine was a good pace

once again congrats to Kenwood driving so good

Last edited:
I've taken and edited a few screenshots from last night...apologies , I'm in most of them , but they feature most of the guys I was running with last night....

Mantorp Park Photos

View attachment 375810

Nice screenshots. Unfortunately it wasn't my night yesterday.. Had an off in race 1 so finished that one with big suspension damage, and in race 2 my wheel kept going off center.. That combined with a track I couldn't get the hang off made it quite difficult. But the qualifying and practice were fun. Now seeing what's wrong with my wheel and better luck next week!

Looks like refueling may be in the cards for this one. My calculations has me needing 20 laps to complete the race. The Nissan can max out 15.8 laps. :confused:

Anyone have a similar issue or ever needed to move a game to a new storage drive? I lost all my setups, replays, wheel settings and probably leader board times due to moving Raceroomto a larger HDD.

I found what the game is doing. I got to double check this, but the Simbin folder in My Documents has been placed in my cloud drive because there was an existing Simbin folder in my documents. I imagine if (and when) I move RaceRoom back to an SSD, if I remove that Simbin folder out of My Documents then; the game will create a new one.

I now have to see if simply overwriting that folder would restore my settings. If the game breaks, then I know not to try that hack.

Sorry for quoting myself. Just leaving some sort of note for a future inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 38 50.7%