Teamspeak 3 - Installation & Creating a Bookmark For Race Department

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
NB: the Teamspeak server is only available to Premium members.

SERVER ADDRESS
ts.racedepartment.com

SERVER PASSWORD
see here

INSTALLATION
Download the latest Teamspeak 3 client from the link below. It is available in 32 and 64 bit versions. For most users on Windows 8 or above this will be the 64bit version. If you have any doubts about which is suitable for your PC, select the 32 bit option.
DOWNLOAD

Run the downloaded installer to completion. The installer will also offer to install OverWolf though it is not required.

You can now join the server by clicking the TEAMSPEAK link in the main menu of the site or by creating a bookmark as detailed below.
upload_2017-10-13_15-25-44.png

CREATE A BOOKMARK

1) Click the bookmarks menu, and select 'Manage Bookmarks'
1-bookmarks-menu.png

2) A new dialog box will appear. click 'Add Bookmark', and select the new bookamrk it created in the list.
2-addbookmark.png

3) Enter the details in the boxes at the bottom of the dialog.
Label: RaceDepartment.com (Though this can be anything you choose)
Address: ts.racedepartment.com
Nickname: This should be your username from the forum or your realname.
3-details.png

4) Once your bookmark is created, the main box to be concerned with is the server password box. This is the password available here. When the password changes, this is where to update it. Remember to click 'Apply' once you've entered the password.
4-serverpassword.png

After completing the steps above you can connect to the server by clicking the bookmarks menu and selecting the new option there for Race Department.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 387850

• Deleted member 387850

One thing worth pointing out is that I think the IP address in the guide above is outdated. I wasn't able to bookmark it and when I try to ping it the request times out. I ended up bookmarking the RD Teamspeak domain instead, but I can't remember it off the top of my head and I'm not at my home computer to check. I'll look it up later and post it here so the guide can be updated!

D

Deleted member 387850

• Deleted member 387850

Just to follow up on this, I've bookmarked the following address rather than the IP address shown in the screenshots above:

ts.racedepartment.com

Hope that helps!

Yoru Bellof

Premium
Hello! And first of all, I'm sorry because I'm lost, and this is my first post here.

Although I have this account for some time, until now I didn't get interested in racing with you so I tried to follow this tutorial, and it seems that I have no permissions to see the password.
Have I missed something?
What should I do? :(
Thank you.

Hello! And first of all, I'm sorry because I'm lost, and this is my first post here.

Although I have this account for some time, until now I didn't get interested in racing with you so I tried to follow this tutorial, and it seems that I have no permissions to see the password.
Have I missed something?
What should I do? :(
Thank you.

Hello, in order to see the password you must be a premium member, If you choose a premium membership then you get to use teamspeak and our game servers.. :)

Premium membership HERE

Last edited:

Neilski

Staff
Premium
Hi, sorry, newbie question, I've set it up but when i come to use it (i hope tomorrow night), do I just drag my handle to the event I'm going to be in?
I normally just double-click on the channel I want to join. You can also right-click on it and select the right option ("join" maybe?).
For some reason, I think dragging yourself into a channel only works if you're an admin ;) but by all means try that too!

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
Upgraded my headset, successfully tried Microsoft speech recognition, installed Crew Chief and that works great and is very cool. I then went into TS on the RD server and entered the Chit Chat room to test. Said hello a couple of times with no response. Besides the possibility of being ignored, am I missing something? Just like to make sure I got this thing working correctly before I join a club race.
Any tips on testing this out on TS would be appreciated.

Neilski

Staff
Premium
Chances are that the people in there weren't at their desks. You can hover and see how long people have been connected. I'd say you should either arrange to "meet" someone in TS or just try it in a club race - from what you say about the checks you've made it'll almost certainly work and if it doesn't you can enlist assistance then. :thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000