RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional Notes

There are 34 slots available for this event, and each driver must use a unique livery. Please only sign up if you know you can make the event. If it turns out you can't make it then please give at least 24 hours notice so that someone else can take your place. Please sign up ensuring that your chosen livery is available, or you won't be added to the grid.

Also note that there is no mandatory pit stop in this race. You are free to pit as many (or as few) times as you like, whenever you like.

Finally, wave for the camera! This event will be live streamed by our very own Joseph Wright. :cool:

This is not a fun comment. My worst race ever. Qualy 4th place with quite fast laptime, super, 3rd after the first lap. Then something happened and I lost all grip from rear tyres and spinning all over several times. So then I did my first pitstop to get better tyres, of course pitlane window not opened so drive through penalty and then I lost my mind, it was too much today. It seems that this time as I practiced only offline and the track condition was so much different so I had no grip with my setup. Sorry but this was not my day and I didn't enjoy driving today.

And I didn't had any issues when I practiced for this event, the car was super stable flat out but in the race I didn't have anything else but issues. Then I totally lost my mind :)

Not sure what was different today but it feels horrible to drive without any grip. Track surface was just like ice.

I might not race for a while but I will be back. Sorry.

I made one pitstop after about 25 laps. But I noticed I lost significant time/grip after about 10 laps. Maybe I should have pitted one more time. I hade a fellow racer closing up on me quite rapidly at the end of the race, he was about 25 seconds after me, and there was about 20 minutes left I think. Even though he was a better racer than me, I thought about maybe to manage pit in and get more fresher tires, coming out right in front of him.
But I decided to continue on. The last two laps he was sniffing right behind me. :D

Oh man, hope your mate is okay. :(
Yep, he's fine. Being in his mid-70s he came up to a junction and couldn't hold motorbike weight and basically tipped over. Putting out his arm the break is fall. But unfortunately, it cracked bone in his wrist. And as I have a motorcycle trailer I was asked to go and pick it up the motorbike. I would have ridden it back but it had a broken clutch lever. But more importantly, he's ok. He's got his arm in a sling which he is a bit cheesed off about, not surprisingly when stupid and careless stuff like that happens.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to sit this out too, my back is still shot from the bloody crash on Monday. Might be time to see a doctor. :(
Definitely get yourself looked at Ross you just don't know. Insurance is a funny thing and if there's something wrong you don't want to miss out on the opportunity and having the idiot responsible in paying to get it fixed.
It's just not worth the risk.
You're still young so you may mend quickly so stop hang about and get on with it.:D;)

This is not a fun comment. My worst race ever. Qualy 4th place with quite fast laptime, super, 3rd after the first lap. Then something happened and I lost all grip from rear tyres and spinning all over several times. So then I did my first pitstop to get better tyres, of course pitlane window not opened so drive through penalty and then I lost my mind, it was too much today. It seems that this time as I practiced only offline and the track condition was so much different so I had no grip with my setup. Sorry but this was not my day and I didn't enjoy driving today.

And I didn't had any issues when I practiced for this event, the car was super stable flat out but in the race I didn't have anything else but issues. Then I totally lost my mind :)

Not sure what was different today but it feels horrible to drive without any grip. Track surface was just like ice.

I might not race for a while but I will be back. Sorry.
I've always found that the environments are different.
What I mean by that is leaderboard, single-player mode and club server are different from each other and this affects your setups. Well, that's my theory because every time I come from the leaderboard and go to the server the car is much more unstable you can be just as fast but it is much more difficult to drive. And adjustments usually have to be made to compensate for the change of environment. Well, that's my theory and my excuse but I believe it to be an accurate one.
Once you start seeing those tyre going red it is time to go a little bit easier into the corners. And once those start to cook they will continue until burnt out. A slight skid can turn into a red tyre which you have problems trying to get cool again because all he wants to do once red is go even redder.:(:mad:

Last edited:
I suppose I should have mentioned when posting my setups that these are leaderboard set-ups hot laps. I usually do mention this but for some reason, I had a senior moment. And I was in a bit of a rush at the time.
Courses you know when racing on the leaderboard you can use as much toe and camber as you like.
But when you're on the club server these need to be backed off, substantially.
Not to mention the alterations that need to be made for different environments as well as bringing the car into more of your driving style.
Of course, is nothing wrong with using somebody else's set up but there be nothing better to replace it in having your own.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 71 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 49 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 51 20.9%
  • Trophies