RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, what time do you have on this track? Are you UFO:s? Or normal people?
As a rule, it's not good etiquette to discuss or post lap times.
The only thing I can suggest is to have a look at the leaderboard.
But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how fast or slow you are, it's about having fun in a fair playing environment. Where there are rules to ensure the fun and fair play is for all. The more in the race the more chance of your having a rival as quick as yourself. It's about fun, not so much the competition. The club here at race department is about the fun.
What's normal. Fast or slow we are here for fun. Win or being last doesn't matter having great clean battles and having fun doing it. And of course not quitting just because you've gone off and frustration is got the better of you.
Seeing it through to the end no matter what is the only way to learn otherwise you will be no better than the last time you went off and quit.

Last edited:
@David DeGreef Hello sir, I've been away for a long while , but I heard the call.
I want in to race this Beast #70 please
Such a great sound from my headphones.
Glad to have you race again with us. I think you will like what is in store for October as more of this type of racing, with a few fixed setups thrown in. Taking comments from the drivers along with looking at sign ups these types of events seem to be most popular.

Glad to have you race again with us. I think you will like what is in store for October as more of this type of racing, with a few fixed setups thrown in. Taking comments from the drivers along with looking at sign ups these types of events seem to be most popular.
I actually like the fixed setup races. Mainly because I am not so good at the fiddling with setups part.
I do have a question about this race.
Are we only using real shifters or are we also using flappy paddles?
I dont recall this car having the flappy paddles back in its era.

I actually like the fixed setup races. Mainly because I am not so good at the fiddling with setups part.
I do have a question about this race.
Are we only using real shifters or are we also using flappy paddles?
I dont recall this car having the flappy paddles back in its era.
I too am less than proficient in setting up the car, usually a couple of clicks on the diff and that's about it. Preferences such as aids, traction control, auto-clutch and shift type are all your own (if available in game). Some guys have the hardware to use different shifters, like to heal/toe down shifts etc.. and could probably play quitar. I use paddles on every car with auto-clutch, if and when I get fast enough to consistently finish at or near the top step of the podium I need some HELP. And as far as musical instruments...I listen to the radio.:rolleyes:

Im really looking forward to some fixed setup racing, but the last twelve races were amazing help in learning to set up a car. I have to give massive thanks to all who have been sharing setup tips. Springs and downforce have always been easy, but learning about arb, bump, toe, and differential preloads has been awesome. Not just learning what they do, but seeing how different cars at different tracks respond to the changes in unique ways.

Last edited:
View attachment 323548
For this special event we're heading back to a golden era in Formula 1, the 1990's! Screaming engines that give you goosebumps, and cars without all the modern gadgetry, these are real driver's machines. Can you tame these beasts for 80 minutes of white knuckle racing? Jump in and give it a try! We dare you...

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - 1990's GP
Cars: FR X-90
Track: Silverstone - Historic GP

Saturday 28/09/19
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:50 UTC (80 minutes)

Entry List
- 34 slots

V10
In please with the above car.
Thanks.

I too must withdraw due to an unforeseen emergency. I wish people would stop crashing their motorbikes on the way to see me. It's most inconvenient and inconsiderate.:roflmao:

Here's what I've got in the way of setups.
Sorry, once again. I hope you all have fun and good clean battles throughout the grid.

Attachments

• FORMULA RR 90 V8 SILVERSTONE HGP LB 2.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 82
  • FORMULA RR 90 V8 SILVERSTONE HGP LB 3.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 90
  • FORMULA RR 90 V8 SILVERSTONE HGP LB 4.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 91
  • FORMULA RR 90 V10 SILVERSTONE HGP LB BEST.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 83
  • FORMULA RR 90 V12 SILVERSTONE HGP LB 2.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 85
  • FORMULA RR 90 V12 SILVERSTONE HGP LB 3.svm