RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
See picture below, Raceroom Silverstone tracks are not so realistic and neither version are not correct. See the section between Vale and Club corners. Raceroom Leaderboard track is modern version with old Vale to Club, and the Historic version we used for our race have the modern Vale to Club section.

Historic version is few seconds faster even it has the new modern section because you can drive Vale to Club without braking. What a mess.

Vale_to_Club.png

No, of that I am aware. The leaderboard times were done on the same track we drove.

I really need to get a 4 point harness for my rig, I'm almost falling out of my seat because I'm leaning into the corners so hard. :roflmao:

Reactions: DND
No, of that I am aware. The leaderboard times were done on the same track we drove.
Ok, I didn't saw any laptimes for historic layout when i checked on thursday or on friday, only modern layout has laptimes then, that's one more weird thing. Maybe i'm blind too. I will try it now...Leaderboard calling...

Its a question of how you define the Silverstone "Historic" layout.
To the best of my knowledge iRacing has the only laserscanned version of the layout that could be called the "historic" version(2011).
Taken from your pic this version use the tiny grey connection between Vale and Club.
But also the now demolished grey connection between Abbey and Luffield.:unsure:
Raceroom use a poormans version of this "historic" track because they use the complete modern version but has included the mentioned tiny Vale-Club bit and named it the Historic Silverstone.:laugh:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: This video does show iRacings "real" Historic Silverstone track(2011).
And this Historic version (link) use the other version of Vale to Club, we used this version in Race07. So iRacing Historic version is much easier to drive, it's made for children.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...this-weekend-live-stream.173510/#post-3047189

And this Historic version (link) use the other version of Vale to Club, we used this version in Race07. So iRacing Historic version is much easier to drive, it's made for children.
Im not so sure Mansell and specially Senna thought this track was made for children back in 1991.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I watched this race on Silverstone exactly in Club corner sitting on my camping chair - so I know this corner is not exactly made for children.
But OK sitting at home with a plastic wheel is probably another case.:roflmao::roflmao:

Mansell Senna silverstone 1991.jpg

I went with the softs and stopped twice and also refuelled each time (though took way too much fuel). I reduced the preload down to 10 and also the power to keep the back end under a bit of control and wasn't too bad until the tyres were flashing orange.

I started with full fuel, decided to go soft tire. 18 laps and they were flashing orange. 2 stops and finished a lap down. Idk. I tried everything in practice and hard tire were 3 seconds minimum off pace. RRE needs a timing screen for replays. I'd like to see how consistent or not my laps were.

The race was grueling. I had done a 45 minute Formula Renault 3.5 race in rF2, hopped out of that on to the helicopter to Silverstone for these.

Im not so sure Mansell and specially Senna thought this track was made for children back in 1991.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I watched this race on Silverstone exactly in Club corner sitting on my camping chair - so I know this corner is not exactly made for children.
But OK sitting at home with a plastic wheel is probably another case.:roflmao::roflmao:
But iRacing is for us, we are big children ;)

he posted a lap time :confused:
Sorry, I could not resist the temptation. Almost Alien speed immediately, can't wait Leaderboard competitions with my new correct throttle pedal calibration, speed is finally found. Earlier gap was too big and reason found during Slovakia Ring practising, so no hard feelings...today I was also very tired...

So like Steve was saying earlier. We're allowed to change brake bias in this car. I moved mine a couple clicks towards rear, and boy what a difference!

Does anyone know how to post hot laps from leaderboards onto YouTube or other media? Do I need software or something? I can't seem to find a way. @FeltHat
Rad is the guy to be sure. I have yet to figure why I am unable to record with the GeForce.

So like Steve was saying earlier. We're allowed to change brake bias in this car. I moved mine a couple clicks towards rear, and boy what a difference!

I've been running my brake bias a couple clicks to the rear 53/57 too, but it didn't take me to tomorrow.

KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play