RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried it for a few laps but it tried to murder me at every corner exit.... and entry.......
... and mid-corner... :D

I've been driving it all evening and am doing ok... I can often go for more than one lap without binning it! But that's when it gets you. The moment you think "hey, I'm getting this now!" is the moment you take a trip into the nearest barrier backwards.

Didn't realise someone had chosen #55 Capri, do you want me to change?
It's up to you mate. The livery thing is more of a request than a rule, just so that we don't get grids full of the same car. But a couple of duplicates here and there is ok, and we never expect people to buy a new livery or anything like that.

**** it, Corvette #49 for me. I've chosen the least understated, most 'murica livery I could find, so if you miss me, you're blind.

Disclaimer: I may kowaboonga all of you down the straight, but NOT!!! in the braking zones! This thing stops like a container ship aka never. So dont drive directly behind me in the braking zones or I'm dead. Also dosent corner worth a damn, but I guess you'll find out when stuck behind me :p

Managed to finally do some practice with these and I think the new engine maps are transformative as to the turbo's driveability. The Monza seems a bit more stable too, but if I remember rightly once the tyres go off, then you do too.
The Nissan Silvia sounds on overrun are fkn awesome, I may change to it...gotta keep all those BMs and Capris honest.

Last edited:
Chebby Monza #21 please

*Edit*
It's interesting reading through this thread and seeing people's opinions on the characteristics of Gr5.

I agree that these cars can be at best difficult, and at worst frustrating. Does anyone expect to drive for 20 minutes without making a fairly serious error at some point? I know I don't. But is that a bad thing?

Look at the GT3 championship we did as an example. ABS, TC, paddles. Think we can all agree - pretty easy to drive a GT3 car with minimal errors if you know the track. But once the field spreads out the racing will inevitably suffer as errors are easier to avoid. Lap times are more consistent. Gaps become harder to close. You're basically waiting for someone to make an error.

I suppose the point I'm getting at is that we can all have an opinion on whether the cars should drive like they do. But they do drive like that. And I for one think the racing will be all the more interesting for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back