RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty; I couldnt care less how they drive in real life, I've never driven one and I never will. While I do agree these cars are the hardest I've driven for a long time, I also absolutely relish the challenge of trying to master them, particularly the Vette, its like learning GPL all over again - no grip + massive power = fun! I tried all the cars, but the one I found most enjoyment from was the Corvette. Its raw, untamed and can be fast in capable hands. Pulling off a clean lap makes you feel more manly than Chuck Norris' chest hair. The other cars, with their slightly subdued personality, dosent give me the same thrill, hence my choice :)

Last edited:
In all honesty; I couldnt care less how they drive in real life, I've never driven one and I never will. While I do agree these cars are the hardest I've driven for a long time, I also absolutely relish the challenge of trying to master them, particularly the Vette, its like learning GPL all over again - no grip + massive power = fun! I tried all the cars, but the one I found most enjoyment from was the Corvette. Its raw, untamed and can be fast in capable hands. Pulling off a clean lap makes you feel more manly than Chuck Norris' chest hair. The other cars, with their slightly subdued personality, dosent give me the same thrill, hence my choice :)

I'm sure if I could keep it out of the wall for a lap that I'd feel exactly the same, I have to make do with the more John Inman vibe the Capri has going....

Sorry to say this guys but unfortunately I won't be joining you this evening.

This morning I started my first ever PC build and it hasn't gone as smoothly as I wanted and as I'm using bits from my other PC, I have nothing to race on.

Hopefully I will catch you on the next race, have a good one.

RRRE64_2021-01-09_19-46-07.png
RRRE64_2021-01-09_19-46-07.png

If it isn't working by 20:10 then I'll bump this event to next week.
(Wish I'd realised it was buggered before setting up all my racing gear...) :rolleyes:

Edit: Seems to be working now. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yep, way to go both of you winners, awesome :thumbsup:

I'm surprised about the speed you three could do. Either you're just that good or you've found something good in the setup, experience does count aswell :).
I had a jolly good time wrestling the Corvette around, blocking Ross in race 1 was particularly good fun, I could almost see the mist descent :D but eventually he found his way past with a good move I must say, I had nothing for it :thumbsup:

Race 2 started off with a nudge up the rear of someone in a Capri, my brakes went awol just as they did all the other laps. Sorry about that to whoever it was :redface:. After that there was a bit of carnage in the Outer Loop, I didnt see what happened, but I guess someone spun and the rest piled in.

Two 4th place finishes, 4th in race 2 gifted on the last lap. Damn Steve, thats unlucky :(

Btw, anyone saw my smokescreen on the backstraight after race 2? Some say its still smoking...

Last edited:
Great racing Ross, so good I found myself egging you on. :thumbsup: :cool:
Haha, it was great fun mate! Looking forward to seeing you back on track in the near-ish future, though make sure you're healed up first. :thumbsup:

Btw, anyone saw my smokescreen on the backstraight after race 2? Some say its still smoking...
Lol, yep! I looked in my mirror and just saw this corvette sideways, then pirouetting numerous times while travelling alongside! Hilarious. :D (55:45 in my stream above)

Once again I was surprised at my speed tonight. No idea where this period of pace has come from since we began 2021. Whether it will continue as we move to more modern hardware remains to be seen though.

Regardless, the racing was fantastic. Despite the difficulty of the cars, all the battles I had in both races were close, clean and really good fun. Thanks guys!

Sod GT3's, give us more classic content please S3! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes