RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might try the Porsche CS MR for this one. Bloody hard car to handle though.. Any tips on how to handle the corner entry massive oversteer?
For me I am either on the throttle or brake even if it is the slightest of input, very rarely am I coasting as I find this to help stabilize the balance of the car. Mind you I use default setups so some of the more advanced drivers will have a more advanced approach.

I might try the Porsche CS MR for this one. Bloody hard car to handle though.. Any tips on how to handle the corner entry massive oversteer?

As someone who has been clinically proven to be terrible in all Porsches I found it surprisingly agreeable. Set my quickest practice time in it out of all the cars. Not at my computer at the minute but I think I'll have put some more positive toe on the rear to keep it stable, probably 1.0 degrees or so.

Or just keep driving it till you learn to preempt the rear moving. Tricky out of T4!

team-ford-las-vegas.jpg

A few thoughts on this race:
1. If you do a pit stop and take 4 tires you will loose 1min and 10-15 seconds to the leaders (actual pit stop is much less but slowing down, going through the pits and getting going again cost you this much with these cars). So 70 seconds if the leaders continue on at the pace they are driving.

2. The race is 20-21 laps. Therefore you can average 3 seconds a lap slower with no pit stop and still be ahead by 10 seconds if you manage to finish the race without a pit stop.

3. The tire wear and damage model in R3E is a bit difficult to figure out so be careful. I have made every possible setup change to spare the inside left tire from wear and there is exactly 0 difference in wear over the same amount of laps. You can't adjust air pressure so that doesn't help.

4. Even stranger is the fact that you can be at 0-10% on a tire and still mange the same lap times as long as you never hit a curb or lock your brakes up. If for any reason you get a flat spot you can almost be assured of a flat tire within the next 5 laps. With high tire wear traction is a bit less but with careful driving you won't really see much drop off in lap time unless you make a mistake.

My conclusion is if you want to be in the top 4 or 5 you pretty much have to do it by not making a pit stop unless there are only two who manage to go the distance without a pitstop. If you have any lock up along the way you will most definitely have to make a pit stop unless you are very lucky. In the Nissan with avg lap time of 2:05.5 in an AI race I had two flats. When I did average lap times of 2:07 I had 38% tire wear left and no flats.

So drive carefully!!

A few thoughts on this race:
1. If you do a pit stop and take 4 tires you will loose 1min and 10-15 seconds to the leaders (actual pit stop is much less but slowing down, going through the pits and getting going again cost you this much with these cars). So 70 seconds if the leaders continue on at the pace they are driving.

2. The race is 20-21 laps. Therefore you can average 3 seconds a lap slower with no pit stop and still be ahead by 10 seconds if you manage to finish the race without a pit stop.

3. The tire wear and damage model in R3E is a bit difficult to figure out so be careful. I have made every possible setup change to spare the inside left tire from wear and there is exactly 0 difference in wear over the same amount of laps. You can't adjust air pressure so that doesn't help.

4. Even stranger is the fact that you can be at 0-10% on a tire and still mange the same lap times as long as you never hit a curb or lock your brakes up. If for any reason you get a flat spot you can almost be assured of a flat tire within the next 5 laps. With high tire wear traction is a bit less but with careful driving you won't really see much drop off in lap time unless you make a mistake.

My conclusion is if you want to be in the top 4 or 5 you pretty much have to do it by not making a pit stop unless there are only two who manage to go the distance without a pitstop. If you have any lock up along the way you will most definitely have to make a pit stop unless you are very lucky. In the Nissan with avg lap time of 2:05.5 in an AI race I had two flats. When I did average lap times of 2:07 I had 38% tire wear left and no flats.

So drive carefully!!
Thanks for taking the time to explain that in great detail Keith! I was lucky to get through Laguna Seca without stopping, so I will try to do the same here too. Here goes nothing!

my interwebs crashed. I knew something was wrong when my Q times weren't being recorded. I'm rooting for ya Otis!!

Goodness! I was wondering what happened.

For the first 1/2 I was chasing David and bothering durielk. Then my nerves got the best of me and sent me from 8th or 9th to 12th. Overall is was a fun race. I just got to get better at dealing with door to door racing.

And Team Nissan couldn't fend off the Mustang in the end. Looks like Sumitomo's contract may need amending. :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events