RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Norseman i personally like the cars with no TC and turn it off. Got a tip from @Calvyn White once on the differential and have applied it to help getting traction down exiting corners. Yeah, the starts are a bit tricky and I usually lose a few spots, but the rest of the race I like very much.

Hmm... I wasn't even thinking about TC on the race start. I was only asking about it because I hadn't tried it without TC yet, and was thinking more about the advantages it gives accelerating out of turns... I was just wanting to make sure I'm on equal ground with everyone. And some race series I've competed in it was considered a no-no. But based on Duc's reply, it sounds like I need to play with it off a little!

I don't think we can use DRS during our qualify runs, it doesn't activate on the practice server (qualify session)?

Also I have yet to see any signs on trackside showing where the DRS zones are?

Is it taboo to discuss laptimes, if not anybody want to share theirs, just so I can see where I am?

I was just wanting to make sure I'm on equal ground with everyone. And some race series I've competed in it was considered a no-no.
This is a RaceDepartment racing club, not a league. People are free to drive their cars with any of the available options as they please, and nobody here berate or belittle them for it. We're all here to have fun, not to try and prove who's "best". I for one will be using some amount of TC throughout the whole race, and I'd put money on many others doing the same.

I don't think we can use DRS during our qualify runs, it doesn't activate on the practice server (qualify session)?

Also I have yet to see any signs on trackside showing where the DRS zones are?
Yep, what Ben said. You will be awarded with three DRS activations if you are within one second of the car in front when you pass the start/finish line. You are then free to use them whenever you want on that lap. Make sure you do, because you will lose any unused activations when you finish the lap... unless you are still within one second of somebody, in which case you will get reset to three activations.

ALSO... can I please suggest that everybody take the time to look at the pit menus and learn how they work, as well as practising pit stops on the server. Just a few minutes doing this could save you a lot of frustration and potentially a ruined race! You can find a pit stop guide right here.

Indeed, the server will be up continuously with an extra long practice session until the event starts, so if you guys want to get together for a few laps then go right ahead. :)

Be aware guys, this server is called RaceDepartment.com EU - French GP, so is not the usual Sunday server.

Last edited:
As this is somewhat a endurance race considering the norm. Tyre where is crucial in my opinion. And one of the main objective is to preserve your tyres as long as possible.
Mechanical grip is a priority over wing and splitter.

So keeping toe to the minimum and camber at the appropriate angles to maximise the tyre surface.
Some may know this already some may not but preload, power and traction control are related to each other and require a lot of fine tuning. You don't want too much traction control as it will slow you down and you don't want to little to create wheelspin too much will spin will destroy your tyres. So you need a happy medium. I'm what you call a heavy foot driver. So something like 55% trash control 30% power and 14 clicks preload. With a 37% coast. Works pretty well for me but there's always room for improvement. And this may vary greatly on the compound of tyre. This example being softs.
Mediums you will maybe have to raise the traction control by 5% making 60% ish. Raising your power to about 43% and lowering your preload to something between 7 and 10.
Brakes are harsh. What I mean is they lock-up at the front very easily. This can be helped by probably having more wing than you want at the front and a good bump and rebound. A good test to your bump and rebound is the first long straight just as you go into the left there's a bump that could lock up your wheels enough to send you wide into that corner. Having a good bump and rebound set at its best into this corner will benefit you for the rest of the track as well.
Concentrating on the mechanical grip whilst keeping the wing as low as possible which isn't easy with so much power and breaking ability. Try lowering the front splitter to about 11 and the rear wing about 14. And start working on your mechanical grip. For instance try adding more splitter if you're having a front-end problems to see if it help remedy the problem this will help you in the direction where work needs to be done. Do what you can to remedy the problem whilst keeping the splitter as low as possible this also goes for the rear wing.
Then you know you need a bit more work done at the front of the car take the wing off and make the alterations to gain that grip.
Brake pressure is lower than you think somewhere between 83 and 88 should be good with about 52 bias to the front. Not the best of scenarios but the track is bumpy in breaking zones. Be sure to test alternative entries into corners under braking. Don't want to be in a overtaking situation only to lock up and slide into the car that you're attempting to overtake. Knowing what the track surface is like in these areas in advance will boost the confidence in minimising the risk of incident. Always worth the time in practice.

Here is a basic setup that I hope will get some of you started on the road of making it your own.

Good luck and more importantly have fun.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• FORMULA RACEROOM X17 PAUL RICARD 1C-V2 BASIC.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Now I have a question about the use of Crew Chief... I have it installed, but the Crew Chief talks waaay too much for my liking, is there an easy way to reduce his chatter, but keep the spotter normal?

Now I have a question about the use of Crew Chief... I have it installed, but the Crew Chief talks waaay too much for my liking, is there an easy way to reduce his chatter, but keep the spotter normal?
If you open properties you can see a big list of things to turn off, just to reduce you can turn down the volume slider for background.
There are other things you'll find at the CC forums.
http://thecrewchief.org/forum.php?s=232101914a817123f52e7e5bc37da329
Hope that helps.

Say to the chief: "Leave me alone I know what I'm doing", and he will say to you "ok no more updates", then he will be quiet till you speak to him.

Say to the chief: "Leave me alone I know what I'm doing", and he will say to you "ok no more updates", then he will be quiet till you speak to him.
aka the 'Kimi Kommand'
Remember to map your push to talk to avoid an issue between CC and TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 87 58.0%