RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Norseman, a bit of math problem.
I did a practice session with 1/2 race distance of fuel, running within a second of my leaderboard time. After 21 laps on mediums still had over 50% life on all four
I think I am doing medium/medium with a fuel stop.
Then it sounds like they may backed off on the tire deg then from when this beta test race was done, because I think they said the guys who started on mediums and then pitted for mediums again had tires going off by the time they got to 60mins. But maybe I need to watch it all the way thru again to make sure... For next race I do like this. For this one, I think I'll still go hards on first stint. Just for fun any way!

Is there a link to the livestream available?

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ne-23rd-french-grand-prix-sign-up-now.169871/

upload_2019-6-23_13-26-14.png

https://www.twitch.tv/racedepartment

That was great guys, really good racing. :)

It's no secret that I hate this track, only managed 3-4 clean laps in over an hour of practice, and qualified nowhere. But somehow in the race it kind of came together. I found my lines, brake points and rhythm, and stayed super-consistent throughout. It was enough to get me 5th which I'm quite chuffed with. Should have been 4th, but I had zero litres of fuel left at the end of the penultimate lap and had to pit for 3 more litres! :x3:

Good times, thanks guys! :thumbsup:

First, I like to apologize to the driver in practice for being in the way of his hot lap. Had no idea you were on one. I stayed on the racing line trying to squeeze in every second I can in "practice" as I already knew I had poor pace (yes I know i came out the pits, but I was just trying to take advantage of the practice session while time last). I would have apologize on team speak but my ptp button is not easy to reach while driving (gonna change it from the xbox button to a button on my TX wheel) so I couldn't respond right away, but when i was ready, and he made it clear he was already a little upset.
After that I was like screw it, and gave faster drivers the right of way in practice, which meant less time spent on the racing line for me. I didn't even have time to practice pit stops! :(
As long as its only practice and a club race for fun, maybe we shouldn't make too much of a mistake like mine? Idk...
Regardless, like I said i simply gave way to others in practice, and my apologies to that drivers hot lap. Its on me.

I had no pace today, but had some fun battles at the back of the pack for the first few laps of the race. Then I just couldn't keep up.... I managed to keep the car on track but with some track limit warnings. Made a pit stop, kept it moving, and swept P12 as P12 made their pit stop. Made another pit for my second set of mediums but fronts only this time. Made it to the finish line with a couple spins in the last 2 laps due to my rear tires being completely warn.

Congrats to the podium and Luke for the W! I apologize for a couple of close incidents when I was being lapped, but for the most part, I feel like I made way for all the lead cars. These cars are fun to drive but I'm not quick in them at all. Still had a great time:)

Thanks @Ross Garland for hosting

I was looking forward to a good, long and fun race...

But something went wrong: I was disqoed on the first lap back to the garage! Now did I do something wrong and the steward booted me or did God hit escape on my keyboard:confused:.

Well I really looked forward to this race as these cars are great. But I screwed up the time conversion from EST which screwed up the entire day as had a bunch of stuff to do. But was able to scramble back in time.
I was never happy with the car on turn in ...mostly just could not get the front to grip. Started at the back but did well in the opening laps getting up 5 spots I think and then settled into a good 3 or 4 car fight which I led for a bit. But the dam front end bit me again and J Ulsrad got by but it was some good racing trying to get back to him. Good stuff J.U. while it lasted. I was gaining but got impatient and pushed too deep into the bus stop and that was that he started to really pull then a lap or 2 later going thru the middle of the bus stop someone who will remain nameless punted me from behind and that was that. Could have kept going but needed to hit the pits and just had no mind racing the next hour by my self.

But hope we can do it again and congrats to the winner and the podium. Also thank you admins for putting it all together as well as the broadcast. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Just watched the Twitch re-broadcast and quite a few good battles throughout the field and race. My wife actually sat down and watched it as she thought it was pretty cool with commentary from @Joseph Wright and the many camera angles.
Great time as usual, thanks to Ross for hosting and all that participated.

Last edited:
Congs Luke for the win! Wished I participated as well but yeah, my mistake for the time gap.

What was the qual laptime and was ti driven with full fuel or empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes