RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
As this is somewhat a endurance race considering the norm. Tyre where is crucial in my opinion. And one of the main objective is to preserve your tyres as long as possible.
Mechanical grip is a priority over wing and splitter.

So keeping toe to the minimum and camber at the appropriate angles to maximise the tyre surface.
Some may know this already some may not but preload, power and traction control are related to each other and require a lot of fine tuning. You don't want too much traction control as it will slow you down and you don't want to little to create wheelspin too much will spin will destroy your tyres. So you need a happy medium. I'm what you call a heavy foot driver. So something like 55% trash control 30% power and 14 clicks preload. With a 37% coast. Works pretty well for me but there's always room for improvement. And this may vary greatly on the compound of tyre. This example being softs.
...etc

Good luck and more importantly have fun.:thumbsup:
Oops!
I thought the purpose was just to have fun, this is getting too serious, are you serious?

I thougth that default setup would have been enough but it seems I was totally wrong!!!
I have to start practicing...

Hopefully we do not need FIA investigation after the race :)

Oops!
I thought the purpose was just to have fun, this is getting too serious, are you serious?

I thougth that default setup would have been enough but it seems I was totally wrong!!!
I have to start practicing...

Hopefully we do not need FIA investigation after the race :)

it's as serious as you want it to be, a few of us practice because we like to progress and get better, it's also more fun having a bit of competitivness, that said i'm sure many will be using the stock setup.

i'm using the one calvyn gave us above and have just tweeked it a bit, 90 minutes is a long time and you have to take into account tyre wear just to stand a chance of keeping the car on the track.

it's defanatly going to be super fun having pitstops to play with and such a long race, i do however hope that the grid stays somewhat together. 90 minutes racing my self i'm not sure i could handle haha

it's as serious as you want it to be, a few of us practice because we like to progress and get better, it's also more fun having a bit of competitivness, that said i'm sure many will be using the stock setup.

i'm using the one calvyn gave us above and have just tweeked it a bit, 90 minutes is a long time and you have to take into account tyre wear just to stand a chance of keeping the car on the track.

it's defanatly going to be super fun having pitstops to play with and such a long race, i do however hope that the grid stays somewhat together. 90 minutes racing my self i'm not sure i could handle haha
Yeah but the basic setup is very stable and easy to drive, just needed to test fuel use and tires. Of course I will test Calvyn setup as it seems that he is alredy almost 1 sec faster than me :)

Lets see...

Oops!
Of course it's about fun, and people have their fun in different ways, Calvyn's willingness to share his knowledge is to be applauded, no one is forced to adopt it.

it's as serious as you want it to be, a few of us practice because we like to progress and get better
Definitely, and concentration over 90 minutes is a challenge in itself, so a well setup car and good track knowledge helps aid that.
This looks like it's going to be fun no matter what approach drivers take.
Probably more exciting than the real one:D

Of course it's about fun, and people have their fun in different ways, Calvyn's willingness to share his knowledge is to be applauded, no one is forced to adopt it.

Definitely, and concentration over 90 minutes is a challenge in itself, so a well setup car and good track knowledge helps aid that.
This looks like it's going to be fun no matter what approach drivers take.
Probably more exciting than the real one:D

that wouldn't take much to be more exciting than the real one !

we have 2 steve's and Rad, oh and calvyn to mix it up at the front !!!

This is a club race, which means that it is "just for fun". No points or prizes, we're just here to enjoy ourselves. What each of us considers to be enjoyment will vary from driver to driver. Some will want to push themselves to the limit, trying to get the ultimate performance from themselves and their car. Others will be pushing to win. For others it'll be enough to just be in the race battling in the midfield, or just making it to the end without a crash or spin.

Put simply, don't worry too much about what others are doing. Run the race your way, so that it's fun for you. If you're a setup guru like Calvyn then that's fine, if you're not then that's fine too. :)

Yeah but the basic setup is very stable and easy to drive, just needed to test fuel use and tires. Of course I will test Calvyn setup as it seems that he is alredy almost 1 sec faster than me :)

Lets see...
Calvyn setup didn't make me any faster so I will use 'Basic' setup. Thanks for sharing Calvyn, I like racing and driving fast cars like F1 car but I hate to make setups...it takes so much time to test everything and then I no longer have enough energy to drive when the race starts so that's why if basic setup is ok I will use it.

but I hate to make setups...it takes so much time to test everything
I'm somewhere in the middle ground with this. I know how to make setup changes to modify the car's behavior more to my liking, but usually, I don't really bother with finetuning the settings. It might help on the leaderboard, where everything is set to be ideal, no tyre deg or overheating, perfect track conditions... etc. But in an actual race, consistency and predictability are much more important factors than pure speed, at least in my experience.

So after watching this video below from the beta test race with George, it looks like it'll be best to start out a 90 minute race on hards, then may pit for mediums? What do you guys think?

Man I messed up the time difference I was on track wondering why its time for qualy and only 3 drivers are on track. Like to suggest USA time posted in the future as well. Just cant seem to get it right. I checked the conversion but daaaa?? I guess its 3 pm NY time ? I'll try back but fear I may not get back in time. Was looking forward to this.

upload_2019-6-23_17-9-38.png

Ready to go :thumbsup:

Goodluck all for this evening!

Oh man, this is not going to be easy for me at all... Bad enough that it's a 90 min endurance race with my first time running in competition with VR, but it's going to be almost 90deg (F) today where I live, and my sim rig is inside a van parked outside on black tarmac. Uggggh, I may die in the process, but I'm going to do this!

This is my right foot atm, always the same problem...few laps and I have wooden leg...I need better legs for racing...

wooden_leg.jpg
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Like to suggest USA time posted in the future as well. Just cant seem to get it right. I checked the conversion but daaaa?

I know it might seem easy to post USA time zone, but I think our staff here do more than enough for us here at RD;)
Least we can do is Google our own time zones... But yea official practice begins @03:00pm:thumbsup: EDT via same as me bro

Guys I won't make it. I thought it was GMT+1 that time however it turns out it's actually GMT+2, so it will be too late for me as I have to go to a concert.

[EDIT] If anything changes I will join

Last edited:
@Norseman, a bit of math problem.
I did a practice session with 1/2 race distance of fuel, running within a second of my leaderboard time. After 21 laps on mediums still had over 50% life on all four
I think I am doing medium/medium with a fuel stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes