RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@jimortality As someone pretty much in your position (so I should probably shut up, but...well, it's me, so...) - as mentioned above several times now, what helps me is really just forcing myself to focus as much as possible on my own driving, my own lines and my own braking points, not on the guy in the mirrors. I just try to drive as much as possible like I would if he wasn't even there. If he wants to overtake, let him worry about that. The only thing I try to focus on is to not do any moves that would be considered unexpected (though I do not always succeed in that, especially when it comes to braking points).

And if someone gets at my side, well, at that point, my main priority is just stay on the road, followed closely by letting *him* stay on the road, meaning leaving him enough space.

And if someone seems very persistent trying to overtake to the point I don't feel good having him behind me or beside me or is clearly faster than me, I often just make it easier for him to overtake me as safely as possible. It's not that I literally let him go, but I deliberately take a slower line or something like that to give him more of a chance. I know this does not make for exciting racing, but I reckon I'd rather lose the position than worry for the rest of the race about if he'll make me miss my braking point and maybe lose more positions than one, or if we maybe take each other out fighting. Guess I'm not very good at that whole competing thing, I tend to be safe rather than sorry. This is also something public server racing taught me - in RD club racing, you can usually trust people to be able to keep their line and/or not ram you off the track, even if unintentionally. In public racing, it usually pays off to just be as far away from anyone else as possible ;) And quite often, if you let someone very eager to pass you go in public races, you'll see them go off the track just a few corners later, be it due to their own mistake or due to meeting someone who was just as determined in keeping his place as they were to pass him (and more often than not, they go out both).

Well, that's the theory at least. Probably not as ideal in practice (in fact I sometimes wonder if the person behind thinks I'm trying to block him when in fact I'm just struggling to stay on the road and blocking is the last thing on my mind ;) ) and also might explain why I don't hold onto higher positions for very long. But I feel like I definitely panic a lot less trying to follow the above than I did a few weeks back, and I'm definitely not as frustrated when someone shows up in my mirrors breathing down my neck.

Last edited:
I recieved a memo that said teamspeak is 100% essential and if your not gonna communicate to sign out.
My mic is broken and following another rule that says no ingame messaging during quali/race i wont be able to communicate.....should i sign out so i dont break any rules?

raceroom-racing-experience-audi-tt-jpg.185255

This will be our third of many RaceRoom Racing Experience events for newcomers on Tuesday night. Of course our seasoned R3E members are also more than welcome to join as long as they help out the newcomers as we always tend to do :thumbsup:

Time to install Teamspeak and join the fun online while you enjoy the banter. Ask as many questions about simracing as you like and don't be afraid as there are no stupid questions. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll become a better driver :) #TTTuesday

Wait? What is this?

For this event you need absolutely nothing special. A copy of RaceRoom Racing Experience with the correct content, a keyboard, a console controller, or steering wheel it's all fine. Today we are going to focus on getting you safely out on the online track (for the first time) and giving you a great experience and making you a better driver with the help of seasoned veterans and staff.

Make sure to be on time for the practice session and have teamspeak installed and be with us for the full length of the event. During the practice and qualification you have a full hour to get familiar with the car and the track. That's right, you don't need to practice offline first. You can come by fully unprepared :)

After practice we skip to qualification to decide the racing order and do a short fun race of only 30 minutes so everybody can return to their wive, girlfriend, mom in time.

Who can join?
All premium members can sign up for this event and a maximum of one server available for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (Teamspeak is mandatory for this event :thumbsup:)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM ROOKIES
Cars: Audi TT Cup 2015 or 2016
Track: Circuit Zolder

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (30 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Daniel Trapp (Ask me anything)
  2. BBKing212
  3. Kurupt CDN