1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teamspeak 3 - Setup Guide

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ramon van Rijn, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Here is a small guide to get going with TS3 at RaceDepartment.

Step 1: Download TS3 click here, install and start TS3 Client

Step 2: Click the Bookmark menu

Step 3: Click Add bookmark

Step 4: Fill the fields like this (Note: Use a different Nickname ; Password can be found in the usual password area on this forum)
    When done, click OK to confirm the new bookmark. Close the bookmark menu.

Step 5: Change the voice activation to your choice. With TS3 you can use a wheel button or just a normal keyboard button. Some prefer voice activation.

Step 6: Basic setup done, click Bookmarks and select the newly created bookmark.

Step 7: Welcome to RaceDeparment TS3 server :)

Easiest way to connect:
    On the left hand side, in the TeamSpeak-Window, just click on *Racedepartment.com*.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

TS3 Quick Connect

In addition to what Ramon wrote above (thanks for that) you can now also use quick connect by clicking the RaceDepartment.com link in the TS3 viewer on the forum homepage (see image)!

click here.png

Happy chatting
  3. Got it sorted after the fifth or sixth time or so, finally....
  4. Thanks Ramon and Bram, really helpful :)
  5. Great... Thanks Ramon and Bram
  6. Nice got it to finally work now just need a damn wireless mic.
  7. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

Hi guys, just a heads up. When someone has a "break".. lol, in there busy schedule. I've recently been prompted, for three TS client updates. One of them, must have been a full TS update. As every time I connect of late, it tells me the server is outdated.

Again, this is just a heads up, it has not caused any ill effect.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steffen Lauge Sorensen

Steffen Lauge Sorensen
    Premium Member

9. Thx,think i got it now.
    Nice and clear explanation.
  10. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

Umm, sorry for the moronic question, but how do I set my name on teamspeak? I always show up as 'teamspeakuser', and when I set my 'phonetic nickname' it doesn't do anything. So everytime I log onto the RD channel, I have to click my name and change it manually.
  11. @Danny

You add your name here.

12. Thanks, I had the same problem, had to retype my last name every time :)
  13. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

Thank you Willie!
  14. where do we get the password I am new to the site but cannot find it
  15. Thanks for the guide guys :cool: It worked a treat! :D
  16. thanks for the great explanation
  17. Where is the usual password area on this forum for Teamspeak ? =/

OK found it ! sorry for this useless post
  18. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Hi guys,

Sorry to ask a really dull, basic question, but I wanna find out for sure before I go any further. If I buy any headset for a PC (i.e, cheap as F...) will it function correctly for teamspeak? By that I mean can i plug it in to my PC and only have people talking coming through the headphones, and the sound of the game coming from my speakers??

Sorry for a dumb question, but need to check first!

19. Yes, you can configure TeamSpeak to use a specific device, ie your headset, for the audio for that while the race sounds come out of your normal speakers. If you look in the options you will find that there is a setting that shows default device for playback. Just change that to match your headset and your good to go. :)