Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I'm not sure if that's possible tbh, I usually just don't set a time.
Problem is though.. starting from the pits as a choice isn't really racing is it :) It's far more immersive to sit on the grid and wait for the lights to go out (used to love that feeling when club racing), and then, in the case of Adelaide I suspect, enjoy getting bashed about and hoping to survive at least somewhere in midfield by the end of the first lap :)

Any setup advice for keeping the car pointing in the right direction? Maybe it's just me, but I find the Super V8 incredibly twitchy under just about all conditions... accelerating, braking, corner entry, corner exit. It almost feels like it has the rear wheels of a shopping trolley. :O_o:

Any setup advice for keeping the car pointing in the right direction? Maybe it's just me, but I find the Super V8 incredibly twitchy under just about all conditions... accelerating, braking, corner entry, corner exit. It almost feels like it has the rear wheels of a shopping trolley. :O_o:

I have a setup I created ages ago for this car but I can’t really remember the exact changes I made (or more importantly why).

from what I can remember...
Shift brake bias forwards to 70 or so, move weight forward, reduce slow rebound at the rear and slow bump at the front to slow down the weight transfer, soften suspension slightly.
Slightly stiffer rear roll bar to help rotation.

still need to be very careful under power!
Probably doesn’t make any sense but for me at least it’s much easier to drive.

I haven't played with the setup....but when I tried this combo I happened to try your ffb settings, the only difference was I use 100% ffb in the TM profile as you use 75%.
Preference obviously, but when I lowered to 75% I was looping on throttle and braking as I wasn't getting that feedback in time to catch it.
When I went back to 100% in TM profile and lowered in-game to 75% I could feel the detail to catch it, seems it adds a bit more weight to the car and makes it slightly more planted.
None the less the car is a twitchy tank to handle.
They really need to add a per car ffb setting....boogles my mind why SMS removed it the feature when it was in PC1?

Edit:
Using Nuscorpii heavy messing 2.5
75%
35%
40%

Last edited:
from what I can remember...
Thanks Dan, I'll have a play and see how I get on. :thumbsup:

Using Nuscorpii heavy messing 2.5
I'm using Nuscorpii v2.4 at the moment, though I've tweaked a number of the settings to v2.2 values as it felt much too light and floaty to me. I haven't tried 2.5 yet, but I'll give it a go and try raising gain in the TMCP too.

They really need to add a per car ffb setting...
Which is what they said they were going to do a few months ago, yet they never did. I have no idea why because it would save so much messing about for the end user.

I took a few clicks off the rear shocks slow rebound. I'm still slow and still spin into the wall on corner exit. But it happens less frequently.

Thanks @Dan ONeill, messed with the tweaks you mentioned and they're working quite well. Hasn't made me any faster, but I spin under braking much less than I was and the car feels more stable. I still don't expect to finish the race without facing the wrong way at least once though. :p

Sprint Race.png

Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: Sprint Race
Track: Curvelo - Long

Tuesday 28/07/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race 1: 19:45 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 20:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 UTC (20 minutes)

Sprint Race - 30 Slots
  1. Goffik
  2. Gordie Gunn
  3. Mark E Taylor
  4. Kurupt CDN
  5. Andrew Leach
  6. Frank Lehmann
  7. gokartmicke (Technical issues)
  8. Nicoboks
  9. JussiS
  10. Michael Morgenthal
  11. Didi Draxler
  12. Daniel R.
  13. Balazs Floszmann
  14. CrazyDavePT
  15. Mike McCoy
  16. Kees Veenstra
  17. alpebo
  18. John Addison
  19. zAmboni
  20. joaopunk
  21. Raf Nix
  22. Chalixon
  23. max1966i
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot
  26. Free slot
  27. Free slot
  28. Free slot

Reserves
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#48

Last edited:
No worries @Goffik, it’s no magic bullet but for me also it just made me less likely to spin under normal driving conditions. Now I need to work out how I can make my tyres last...
It’s gonna be a race of attrition!

What I've done wrt setup is mainly to stiffen the front suspension and bumps: I find that on this track, softening the rear causes the car to scrape along the ground quite a lot. I wish we could give the cars a bit higher ride height! The bumpy track doesn't help and often unsettles the car in certain corners - which surprises me, you'd think the SuperV8s would be designed for, well, the tracks they race on :p .

The car is going to be oversteery AF no matter what you do I think. I find my biggest gains in stability did not come from setup changes at all, but simply from (re-)learning to tip-toe the brake and acceleration pedal. Do not under any circumstance attempt to use tail braking on this thing, it's not a rally car (geuss what I've been playing loads when I wasn't racing online... :p ).

One issue I do still have issues with is that the rear tires have a tendency to overheat still.

What did help for me is adjusting the brake ducts: I put the front one at 100% and the rear one at 30%. Based on AMS2's telemetry (which you can easily access in game by pressing the "change hud" button), the front brakes will still overheat quite a bit, but it seems to help with brake balance: I noticed the car becoming more oversteer-y under braking after a couple of laps, and I suspect it's due to the front brakes being in a more or less constant state of overheating and thus having less power (thus effectively changing the brake bias rearwards after a couple of laps).

Take all that with a grain of salt obviously since I am still an amateur.

Caterham Superlight.png

Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: Caterham Superlight
Track: Oulton Park - Island

Tuesday 04/08/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race 1: 19:45 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 20:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 UTC (20 minutes)

Caterham Superlight - 28 Slots
  1. Goffik
  2. Daniel R.
  3. Balazs Floszmann
  4. Gordie Gunn
  5. Mark E Taylor
  6. alpebo
  7. Frank Lehmann
  8. Marcus Miller
  9. Andrew Leach
  10. Matt Rosum
  11. PurgerUK
  12. ears
  13. Ingemar Petersson
  14. max1966i
  15. Jopamir
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Reserves
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#30

Last edited:
Any Idea how to get premium on discord ?
I already Associate the account... i can’t join the Voice chat for several weeks now that RD move to discord.
Any help would be appreciated

Any Idea how to get premium on discord ?
I already Associate the account... i can’t join the Voice chat for several weeks now that RD move to discord.
Any help would be appreciated
I've reported this issue to the admins and they're checking it out. I guess it has something to do with the account association process not completing properly for some members, but I can't be sure as I'm nothing to do with that side of things.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back