Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Can we still race tonight without voice comms? I’m getting a channel locked notification on the AMS2 voice channel too.
Is the teamspeak server still up and working? Can we use that?

Can we still race tonight without voice comms?
We recommend people join voice comms, but it hasn't been mandatory for some time. So yep, you can race whether you can get on Discord or not.

Is the teamspeak server still up and working?
As far as I know the RD TS server is still running, but most will be on Discord so it will likely be rather empty. I doubt it has a channel for AMS 2 either, since the sim was released after RD switched.

I'm still waiting from a response from the admins on what is causing this problem. I'll update as soon as they give me something.

We recommend people join voice comms, but it hasn't been mandatory for some time. So yep, you can race whether you can get on Discord or not.

As far as I know the RD TS server is still running, but most will be on Discord so it will likely be rather empty. I doubt it has a channel for AMS 2 either, since the sim was released after RD switched.

I'm still waiting from a response from the admins on what is causing this problem. I'll update as soon as they give me something.

yes please goffik, without chitchat the events are not excatly the same for me

I just did a few laps on the server and logged out, is there still no way to get a replay file ? I looked everywhere before exiting but couldn’t find any sort of camera or replay button, even in the settings I can‘t find anything relatable to replays except the button up top where my replays should be if I were able to save them, am I missing something?

edit: I realise this is a bit off topic but I hope you guys don’t mind me asking.

You can manually save replays after a race session online. I have no idea if or how you can save replays in qualifying or practice. I would guess you can't as the whole replay system is still pretty bare-bones at the moment.

Ok, so I managed to set a time just as the quali-session was over, when I crossed the finish line the game took control of my car(auto-pilot) and the final standings went up. I checked through the times and then I go and press "Exit", as that's the only button available thinking it will send me and my car back to the pits, however it seems that this was the button for leaving the server. Which I did, without any prompts like "Are you sure you wish to leave?", a prompt that do show up on all the other occasions when I press exit...
So then I thought "oh ok! I better hurry up and rejoin before the race starts" only to find that spectate is my only option.
Gaahh, AM2's UI is really bad in so many ways! I'm sorry to say it but this sucks!
Sure I probably got myself to blame but isn't there any warm-up session or possibility to rejoin a race session in AM2?

Please note that any feeling of dissatisfaction is with the sim and not the event/host/RD. If there is such a option of either warmup or rejoining during race session I would suggest that it should be put into place in future events.

Thank you @Goffik for hosting and helping out, hope you guys have a good race! :)

Ok, so I managed to set a time just as the quali-session was over, when I crossed the finish line the game took control of my car(auto-pilot) and the final standings went up. I checked through the times and then I go and press "Exit", as that's the only button available thinking it will send me and my car back to the pits, however it seems that this was the button for leaving the server. Which I did, without any prompts like "Are you sure you wish to leave?", a prompt that do show up on all the other occasions when I press exit...
So then I thought "oh ok! I better hurry up and rejoin before the race starts" only to find that spectate is my only option.
Gaahh, AM2's UI is really bad in so many ways! I'm sorry to say it but this sucks!
Sure I probably got myself to blame but isn't there any warm-up session or possibility to rejoin a race session in AM2?

Please note that any feeling of dissatisfaction is with the sim and not the event/host/RD. If there is such a option of either warmup or rejoining during race session I would suggest that it should be put into place in future events.

Thank you @Goffik for hosting and helping out, hope you guys have a good race! :)
That happened to me Magnus, race before last :)
I retired from the race just now..I'm in a Playseat Challenge and my big velcro strap holding the pedals came apart.. it mucked up qually and I perservered in race until one spin too many :)

that was an experience. @Dan ONeill 's setup changes helped me out a whole lot after all, I found that I didn't need to put the brake balance as far forward, but putting the car balance forward and adjusting the shocks and bumps a little bit helped far more then whatever I was doing on the setup department. So thanks for that :)

A pity a few people dropped out, it got a bit lonely at the back :p

game is very nice , i was fast but couldn't stay consistent, three times i miss the hairpin and fell backtrack
too much gt 4 in acc this past week the change was huge ..., this v 8 is really hard to drive, but so rewarding.

Well that was an intense race with Andrew, managed to keep him behind for about 35 mins but alas, he got want he wanted. I just couldn’t drive the thing with hard tyres at all.
I’m pleased that a couple of folks found my setup tips useful (except Goffik who beat me! )
Thanks for the racing let’s see what up next week...

Well, what a turnaround! A couple of days ago I could barely do a lap without spinning the car at least once. Even after @Dan ONeill give me some setup advice (sorry for beating you!), it stopped me spinning as much but I still felt like I was dead slow. Then to my complete surprise I qualify 3rd and finish 2nd. :confused: Same time next week then eh? (Kidding!)

These cars really are a handful. I worked out this morning so I was already physically fatigued, but halfway though the race my arms and upper back started burning! Sweating like mad. It was good fun though. :thumbsup:

Sorry mate, that is an issue many people (including me) had in our first club event! Unfortunately once qualifying is finished, nobody can join the server. I'll put the reminder back in the event thread for next week.

I retired from the race just now..I'm in a Playseat Challenge and my big velcro strap holding the pedals came apart..
I have the same seat. Never had the pedals come away (yet) but the velcro holding the frame together has given way during a race before. It's impossible to drive with your arse on the floor!

Hopefully see you all next week. :cool:

Information

Here is some additional information you need to know when racing in our AMS 2 club. Please read it carefully before you join us as it could save you some significant frustration! This post will be added to as we learn more, so please check it each time you enter an event.

1) When the qualifying session ends the results are displayed. DO NOT click the Exit button! Doing so will take you back to the main menu without any confirmation, and you will not be able to re-join in time to enter the race. Instead, just sit and wait for the game to automatically advance to the race.​
2) Once qualifying has ended there will be a two minute timer while the sim waits for drivers to confirm they are ready. You can change your fuel and setup during this time. Once all drivers have confirmed the race will start. If you do not confirm you are ready before the timer expires, you will be automatically DQ'd from the race!​
3) If the event uses a two race format, everyone will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two.​
4) Don't use shadows as brake markers... the time (and therefore sun position) advances throughout each session!​

Discord
There have been reports from a number of people that they have been unable to join the voice channels on the RaceDepartment Discord server. Only Premium members can access these channels. If you are already Premium and are still having problems, please try the following:

1) Check that your RD forum account is associated with your Discord account. To do so, click here.​
2) If your accounts are already associated, try disassociating them, and then associating them again.​
3) Make sure you are using the Discord account that is associated with your RD forum account!​
If you try all the above and are still having issues, please click here to contact Bram via PM. He'll be able to look further into the problem, as I'm simply not involved with RD's Discord implementation myself.

Last edited:
That was really a great race, had a good time with sevenbelow7 until I realized fuel was not enough. Changed my mixture to lowest, but still would not have made it.
So pitting (also changed tires what I did not want, not it familiar with the pit menu) back out in 10 finishing 8th.

Was great, these cars feel much better then the ones before.

Curious what combo to come next week...

What about 90's formula one at Imola?
Or MCR2000 at Cadwell Park during dawn?
What about some weather changes??

@Goffik thanks for hosting mate!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements