Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Sorry, but can I withdraw my entry please Ross. Had a quick go..absolutely love the cars, but not the circuit, I think it will be chaos and mayhem :) I know, I'm a wimp.

Regarding the missing / flying / warping cars, I think it may actually be connection related. From what I've picked up listening to people, it sounds like everyone gets green connection icons for themselves. For example, a US driver last night said his icon was green and everyone else's was red. It seems rather unlikely that a US user connected to an EU server would have a better connection than all the EU users in the room! My own icon was certainly not red at any point on my screen, though a few other people's were.

So I don't think that icon is in any way a reliable indication of connection quality. At least, not for someone looking at their own icon. Perhaps it works properly when using p2p multiplayer rather than a dedicated server? Who knows.

Good race yesterday, but some disappointment about myself. Surprisingly qualified in 3rd position, but then made a stupid mistake in lap 2 of the race. Lost the rear and then i had to wait to rejoin the track with almost the entire field passing by. :cry:

Then tried to keep my focus and gained a few positions during the race. Finished P9.

I have not used any Push-to-pass, because i wasn't sure if my fuel is enough to finish the race without refuiling. And it was a good decision, because i finished the race just with 0.4 liters left. :whistling:

Here's my video from my POV. Some highlights in video description.

PS: And this time i told my Crewchief not to swear. ;)

Half a grid signed up by the morning after the previous event. That's pretty fast! I guess people are enjoying this sim eh? :inlove:

it is definitly , enjoying each combo we tried so far, ffb is great, game is stable online, Game runs smooth and looks great and still so young.
Really hope it will be popular so reiza can push this thing ..

Javier, my move on you at the first turn at about 17minutes for 9th in Frank's video above, was very marginal. I should have waited for you to get past me afterwards I feel, it being club racing. Really sorry about that.

Great race guys, really enjoyed that. :) My two place grid penalty for speeding in the pit lane (after warning everyone to be careful) didn't hurt too much. Had a nice battle for the first half of the race though I'm not sure who it was with... Steam names and forum names don't match. :p It was great until I had a little stutter just as we were right on top of each other, and ended up punting him. :redface: Wasn't too damaging, though afterwards I couldn't seem to keep up the same pace and dropped back from the guys in front. Nice race though, and surprisingly few errors compared to my practice during the week.

I had the same. In practice it said a full tank would do 35 laps, before the race it dropped to 30. That supposedly put me on the borderline of having to pit, but I ended the 40 minutes with fuel to spare. Not sure where the game gets it's estimate from. An average of all laps completed over all previous sessions maybe?

Same bat-time, same bat-channel! (How many are old enough to know where that comes from?) :D In other words, same time next week.

As for how I choose the combo, it depends. Sometimes it's what has been fun in the past, though not with AMS 2 since we've only run two events so far. Other times it's what I've picked up from forums etc as being fan favourites. Sometimes I go for authenticity, like this event... the real Stock Cars race at Curitiba. And sometimes I just get an idea of something that sounds cool in my head, though it doesn't always work out so well in real life. :D
I'm 65. Even "back in the day" I kinda thought Robin was a dork.

Hey Frank, how did you get that HUD in VR?
Is there a HUD editor that I don’t know about yet?
Your car was very loose at the beginning, was that rear wing related or just cold tyres?
Cheers

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies