Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Ok, so I managed to set a time just as the quali-session was over, when I crossed the finish line the game took control of my car(auto-pilot) and the final standings went up. I checked through the times and then I go and press "Exit", as that's the only button available thinking it will send me and my car back to the pits, however it seems that this was the button for leaving the server. Which I did, without any prompts like "Are you sure you wish to leave?", a prompt that do show up on all the other occasions when I press exit...
So then I thought "oh ok! I better hurry up and rejoin before the race starts" only to find that spectate is my only option.
Gaahh, AM2's UI is really bad in so many ways! I'm sorry to say it but this sucks!
Sure I probably got myself to blame but isn't there any warm-up session or possibility to rejoin a race session in AM2?

Please note that any feeling of dissatisfaction is with the sim and not the event/host/RD. If there is such a option of either warmup or rejoining during race session I would suggest that it should be put into place in future events.

Thank you @Goffik for hosting and helping out, hope you guys have a good race! :)
I'm still messed up with the UI on AMS2. I wanted to pit for tires, and I still don't know how to get the pit crew to change tires. I know most of you have this stuff figured out, but I wish I could pre-program a pit stop or even better a selection of different pit stop scenarios (assuming I actually intend to finish a race that is). And why is there no manual? Yes, I'm ready for my cheese now:cry:

And here's my video.
My pace wasn't that good, but overall i tried to be consistent. Driving these Super V8 was quite challenging and sweaty.
I lost my front bumper in lap 1 on a killer kerb in T9, but fortunately this doesn't had a big impact on the driving behaviour. Got a few slowdowns during the race, but overall i'm happy to finish the race in P5.

I really liked the last 10 minutes of the race fighting with Sevenbelow7 for position 5. :thumbsup:

I've updated the info post with the following regarding Discord issues:

Discord
There have been reports from a number of people that they have been unable to join the voice channels on the RaceDepartment Discord server. Only Premium members can access these channels. If you are already Premium and are still having problems, please try the following:

1) Check that your RD forum account is associated with your Discord account. To do so, click here.​
2) If your accounts are already associated, try disassociating them, and then associating them again.​
3) Make sure you are using the Discord account that is associated with your RD forum account!​
If you try all the above and are still having issues, please click here to contact Bram via PM. He'll be able to look further into the problem, as I'm simply not involved with RD's Discord implementation myself.

Last edited:
Any Idea how to get premium on discord ?
I already Associate the account... i can’t join the Voice chat for several weeks now that RD move to discord.
Any help would be appreciated
The reason can be that you have associated the wrong discord account (for some reason some people have more than one). Have you tried linking and unlinking your account? In case you have two accounts please remove one.

If that doesn't help should me a pm

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea