Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Anyone else have audio issues when driving in pitlane or during collisions?
Seems to happening on several tracks I've tested the V8 supercar on.
I deleted my AMS2 folder after the last patch.

Hey Frank, how did you get that HUD in VR?
Is there a HUD editor that I don’t know about yet?
All of those HUD widgets are in AMS 2 itself, no external mods or apps required. You enable/disabled and position them using the in-game HUD editor, which is available from the pit menu or pause menu.

Note that there is currently an issue with the HUD editor in VR which makes it impossible to use unless your monitor is very high res (ie, similar to your HMD), but I found a workaround for that if you need it.

I did have audio issues in the pit lane with one of the two 2020 Stock Cars, which is one of the reasons we used the old ones in the last event. I haven't noticed anything with the Super V8's so far though.

Will we be using a different car/track combo each week? There's so much to choose from in this title,so hopefully, everyone can find either a track or car that suits them? Also, will all races be 40mins,or will we ever have sprint races 2x20mins? Hopefully, we can all find our skill levels and have clean battles with racers at the same level as ourselves? The guy who came first on Tuesday (sorry can't remember your name) was a flying machine tho. I had a nightmare !

Will we be using a different car/track combo each week?
Of course. All of our racing clubs do.

Also, will all races be 40mins,or will we ever have sprint races 2x20mins?
The first AMS 2 event (Ginetta G55 @ Brands Hatch) was 2 x 20 mins. The format will vary, but we're somewhat hampered by the lack of proper multi-race support on the dedicated server at the moment.

Hopefully, we can all find our skill levels and have clean battles with racers at the same level as ourselves?
This is the whole idea behind RaceDepartment's racing clubs, and has been for well over a decade already. ;)

The guy who came first on Tuesday (sorry can't remember your name) was a flying machine tho
Nature of the beast, since our clubs are open to all skill levels. But our clubs are about fun, not winning. I generally have a lot more fun when I'm battling with other drivers rather than out in front, leading.

Here's my video from my POV. Some highlights in video description.

Thanks for the video Frank. I always love it to watch others' videos because I always get good things to work on the next time. One thing I learned is that my FOV was way too narrow for the race, and second, I was keeping the car way too high in the rev range. I was going down to second in T1 and 5th to 4th in the "chicane" at the end. You were keeping at higher gears than I was for a lot longer. probably helped in hitting apexes a lot better (pretty sure that the person behind the wheel had a lot to do with that also :) )

Another thing I learned watching is that it would have been really tough to get into the top 10 even if I would have run a perfect race. You guys are fast and consistent! Look forward to the next time I can race. Should have an open slot for AMS2 in a couple of weeks.

I promise to do better.

Thanks for the video Frank. I always love it to watch others' videos because I always get good things to work on the next time. One thing I learned is that my FOV was way too narrow for the race, and second, I was keeping the car way too high in the rev range.
FOV isn't really a thing in VR, because it's just right.:cool: But before i switched to VR-only, i was using the calculated FOV for my monitor setup.
Regarding the rev range i was using .... don't assume that i'm right at this :whistling:, because i'm doing this almost by feel. I don't know the powerband of these Stockcars and what's the best shift point and rev range. But i was also using higher gears and lower revs to save some fuel. ;)

Nature of the beast, since our clubs are open to all skill levels. But our clubs are about fun, not winning. I generally have a lot more fun when I'm battling with other drivers rather than out in front, leading.
Leading can be boring, unless of course you're competetive in nature or have someone hot on your heals and you're constantly having to defend. I personally find starting at the back is a lot more fun as there's more battles to be had. Plus I enjoy the challenge of seeing how far up the field I can get.
So yeah, the general "club" ethos here is great and so far thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm "blessed" with being useless at qualifying, so I always tend to start around the middle of the pack. :p Plenty of battles to be had there. I don't think any of my podiums in sim-racing have come from outright pace to be honest. Most have come from being consistent, relatively error-free, and being there when the guys in front make mistakes.

Stupid question time...is there a manual anywhere? I have no idea what certain things are or do. For example, in some cars such as the Brazil Stocks there was a little rectangle with a lightning bolt and a number inside it. Mine was at 15 I believe and I didn't know what it was or if I was missing something that would move me from last on the grid to second from last:thumbsdown:
Thanks for any help!

I don't believe there's a manual yet but what you're describing is the Push to Pass function. It's basically a small shot of around 50bhp that can be activated by pressing either the DRS or KERS button, can't remember which one. It takes 5 seconds to kick in after you've pressed it and I think takes around 90 seconds to charge.

Edit - It's only enabled after lap 1.

Last edited:
I don't believe there's a manual yet but what you're describing is the Push to Pass function. It's basically a small shot of around 50bhp that can be activated by pressing either the DRS or KERS button, can't remember which one. It takes 5 seconds to kick in after you've pressed it and I think takes around 90 seconds to charge.

Edit - It's only enabled after lap 1.
Thank you very much. That was very helpful!

Actually, I just raced this combo again and now I am having audio issues in the pit lane. It's the exact same bug I came across with the 2020 Stock Cars. Seems fine on track, just sounds like a broken tractor while in the pits!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Forum trophies