Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Don't think I'll ever be trying those cars again.
Same. I enjoyed those races about as much as a punch in the face from Mike Tyson. My pace was ok but the car was just no fun to drive for me whatsoever. Fight fight fight fight all the time, while also trying to deal with other cars on the track. Never feels stable no matter what you do or how you drive. No redeeming qualities at all in my opinion.

Never been so glad to hear Crew Chief say "last lap". :poop:

Don't think I'll ever be trying those cars again. They are absolutely horrible to drive - no grip and unpredictable to boot. They spin on the throttle, off the throttle, fast corners, slow corners. I tried everything with the setup and nothing seemed to improve it at all.

Yeah, it makes her really funny!!

Anyway, the circuit is very difficult and it doesn't help. After the first race, I begun to make all the mistakes that a human can make in a race. I think it was the loss of concentration after the effort of the first race.I apologize to the two colleagues who almost hit in the first corner near the end of the race.

Thank you very much, Goffik, as always.

Part of it might have been that it was quite a bumpy track plus a lot of switch backs but still fun and you could control the back end to a degree with the throttle. I've still got to play with throttle sensitivity as the slightest touch in AMS2 gives a real surge in acceleration (think I already have it down at 40 from default 50 and pedals calibrated). I just added some wing and reduced rear ARB down to 0 but needed constant steering adjustments all through a corner so was hard work.

Same. I enjoyed those races about as much as a punch in the face from Mike Tyson. My pace was ok but the car was just no fun to drive for me whatsoever. Fight fight fight fight all the time, while also trying to deal with other cars on the track. Never feels stable no matter what you do or how you drive. No redeeming qualities at all in my opinion.

Never been so glad to hear Crew Chief say "last lap". :poop:

Glad it's not just me - but I was big slow and inconsistent too! It depresses me sometimes that I never seem to get better.

Learn to drive this car and every other car gets that much easier to control ;) (cars are heavy, sluggish etc)

Very patient on the throttle, short shifting out of some of these corners .. i can upload a vid with the inputs tomorrow if someone is interested.
Track was familiar from ams1, cars are basically the same as in ams so it didn´t take long to get back into this. See you next week! (only 1 ams event per week :/ )

my steps to get going, hotlap mode/understanding the car and track (atleast 1-2 days ahead of the event)
load up 2 fastest ghost + steal setup, get up to speed/lines/brake points
Race against ai 2x10 laps. Follow them, get comfortable, consistent. show up to mulitplayer event

Last edited:
Learn to drive this car and every other car gets that much easier to control ;) (cars are heavy, sluggish etc)
I appreciate the tips, but my pace was good enough for 2nd on the grid. I know roughly how to drive the car, I just don't find it in any way enjoyable. The challenge vs reward ratio is just far too low for my liking. I like challenging cars like Group 5's and anything vintage, because when you get it "right" it feels good. But in these, getting it right felt almost as bad as getting it wrong. For me personally, they just have zero fun value.

P4 MCR 2000.png

Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: P4 - MCR 2000
Track: Velo Città

Tuesday 08/09/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race 1: 19:45 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 20:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 UTC (20 minutes)

MCR 2000 - 30 Slots
  1. Goffik - (Forum name)
  2. Daniel R. - (Real name)
  3. alpebo - (Real name)
  4. JoshMont - (Forum name)
  5. acidburn82uk - (Real name)
  6. ionONE1 - (Forum name)
  7. Dan ONeill - (Real name)
  8. Morne Du Plooy - (mojo2312)
  9. Mark E Taylor - (Sevenbelow7)
  10. Zimmer Man - (Forum name)
  11. Gerdoner - (Forum name)
  12. Zsozsa - (Forum name)
  13. Kiraly - (Forum name)
  14. Gordie Gunn - (Forum name)
  15. Daniel Nieto - (Real name)
  16. max1966i - (Forum name)
  17. Matt Rosum - (Shekk)
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot

Reserves
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#36

Last edited:
Additional Information

1) When signing up you must post your Steam ID, so that we know who is who.

2) You must ensure that you have read and understood our Racing Club Rules before signing up. Ignorance is no excuse.

3) Do not click the Exit button at the end of qualifying. Just wait for the session to advance automatically.

4) There will be a two minute timer between qualifying and the race. You must confirm you are ready before it ends or you will be automatically DQ'd.

5) If the event uses a two race format, you will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two.

6) We strongly advice the use of Crew Chief, an app which gives you a spotter during races. This will provide audio cues when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing the frequency of unnecessary incidents.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 112 88.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.3%