Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I finished in the middle in both races, p11 and p12, but I really enjoyed them. During my first race I had to fight not only you guys, but my stupid cats who exactly at the time of the race started to get mad and ran back and forth and up and down in the room. They three times ran over my keyboard and turned off the sound in my headset on each occassion. So I had to drive without engine sound till in the long straight I could somehow set back the sound. But I just lost one position during this, so I was lucky...
IMG-89dcfc881a98f667ca1c19fe8fb83fcc-V.jpg

I finished in the middle in both races, p11 and p12, but I really enjoyed them. During my first race I had to fight not only you guys, but my stupid cats who exactly at the time of the race started to get mad and ran back and forth and up and down in the room. They three times ran over my keyboard and turned off the sound in my headset on each occassion. So I had to drive without engine sound till in the long straight I could somehow set back the sound. But I just lost one position during this, so I was lucky... View attachment 401219

Racing under these conditions deserves massive respect LOL

Last edited:
First race was really fun and intense until I got disconnected for unknown reasons and could not rejoin the game (however, observing was possible). I then realized that basically every other car had ~20 kph more top speed on the long straight, so I readjusted gearing and wings in the few seconds before the 2nd race without a chance to test those settings.

After race start I realized that somehow my steering got messed up and required about twice as much input for the same wheel angle (I did not change any steering parameters in the car setup...). As a consequence of my now very weird steering and messed up gearing (new topspeed was actually lower than before) I ended up touching someone in the first corner and spun out, causing the guy behind me to bin it, too. I don't know who that was, but I apologize for that - sorry mate.

Since I did not want to cause any more problems for the other drives and would have no chance racing with that top speed anyway, I quit and wholeheartedly cursed my car adjustment skills.

On that note - @Goffik, would you please unmute me in Discord? I've been muted since last race and could not tell anyone about my issues or apologize right on the spot....

On that note - @Goffik, would you please unmute me in Discord? I've been muted since last race and could not tell anyone about my issues or apologize right on the spot....
Are you sure you're muted? I just had a look at Discord and it's telling me you're not, though you might need to be in the AMS 2 voice comms for it to show. I wasn't even on Discord for the last few events so I'm not sure how it would have happened if you are indeed muted. :O_o:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 30 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%