Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
An Update for PC Epic Store version?
Nothing new, after the PS4 version they informed about the XBOX version, PC is not mentioned ....
Is there a way to open support tickets/questions beside Twitter and FB?
I think there are a lot of bugs. Easy ones like the steering wheel which could not be disabled in the Yaris and more complicated ones like the complete wrong FoV of the cockpit itself.

hmm, its an odd one mate, iv tried to replicate the fault but cant
so, the game sees the wheel in the control options?
do the buttons on the wheel navigate through the menus?
couple of things id try, try full screen and window mode, see if anything changes
go to my documents, my games, rename wrc8 folder to wrc81 or something like that and see if the game generates a new config folder, maybe a file is corrupt in there. if it doesnt generate a new folder, just change the name back to wrc8(sorry if im tellin ya how to suck eggs here hahaa)

ye, i know what ya saying mate, its more of a guide, lets you know if theres distance between the corners that cant yet be seen (running with early notes) you know if he calls 30 then the corner is abit down the road, 100 call and its abit more down the road than 30 hahahahaa ;)

3 right 100 means after the 3 right you can flat out 100 m
So the numbers are the straight road after the corner.

But you could ask in the official forum ... wait sorry their is none ...

Huge step forward compared to WRC7, I'll admit. And in every aspect.
Physics is good, but some tracks still show occasionally some weird behaviour.
Sound is good. Graphics is good.
Tracks are very nice, credible and challenging.
Input devices support and configuration improved a lot.

But, at least with my G29, there are still huge issues:
- FFB is still mediocre, not terrible as in WRC7, but very inconsistent, and either not informative at all or disturbing
- the STEERING is a nightmare; whatever adjustment you do the wheels will either steer to much or too little; most often they will not respond fast enough and then they will steer to much later on... On wide gravel roads it is not that annoying, but on narrow tarmac streets you'll engage a battle with your steeringwheel

Also, on the side note, I suggest you to set the physics synchornization to LOW if you notice some lag.

I'm not a hater. I strongly believe that this release can become a very good game, but it is not there yet (IMHO).

iv a G29 mate, took me a while to dial my settings in, but all in all, it feels good for me
one thing i will say is iv disabled vsync and limited fps to 59 due to input lag, and iv gone from 720degrees back to 540 with wheel rotation

there was one issue which i only got to the bottom of last night, had the same issue on the g25, when at full throttle, the game was seeing weird input causing the throttle to jitter about, this was causing me some steering issues mid corner which effected the FFB, the cause is the 'pot' on the gas pedal becomes loose in its housing, allowing it to rotate slightly giving inconsistant throttle control, sollution was to use tape across the terminal section of the pot and anchor it to the bottom of the pedal mount. anyone with a logitech wheel should check the operation of the gas pedal regularly, either with device manager or ingame. using a dead zone does not fix the issue, you got to get down n dirty with it ha ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back