Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Peter, Just wanna thank you for this wonderful mod. But I'm having problems with the weatherfx debug, when I select it the sliders wont show for the rain and puddle particles. is this right? I've installed everything right I think cuz I followed the manual

error.png

Hi Peter, Just wanna thank you for this wonderful mod. But I'm having problems with the weatherfx debug, when I select it the sliders wont show for the rain and puddle particles. is this right? I've installed everything right I think cuz I followed the manual

View attachment 395180
This is not related to Sol. The raniFX functionalities were taken out of the CSP 1.62 version. They will come with later releases.

About Sol and weatherFX:

So actually the rain is bundled then in "rainFX", another modul of CSP.

Also its good to read the release notes:

"There is no rain yet, sorry. But instead, a lot of fixes, and a few new features as well."

What do you mean with "activating clouds"? Which version of Sol is running. How you installed it? Just post a Screenshot of AC ingame with Sol_weather app shown.

sorry iam french I'm talking to you with google translate. my ground version is 1.62 I checked. I have it installed 2 times with cm and manually. when I select in the drive or in-game menu a cloudy day my game freezes and sometimes I only have the sound sometimes it leaves me on the desktop but the game is running I have to close it to return to cm. dsl to bother you you did a fantastic job with your mod.

I'm yet to try Sol and that's because I have a mid power system - is there a general view that SOL FPS friendly - or is it par for course it takes away small chunk. Sorry for the obscure sorta question

If its the latter are there known stuff within SOL so I could do reduce the impact. Again, I do realize this is not an exact science as many of us have different PC's. Thanks

This is not related to Sol. The raniFX functionalities were taken out of the CSP 1.62 version. They will come with later releases.

About Sol and weatherFX:

So actually the rain is bundled then in "rainFX", another modul of CSP.

Also its good to read the release notes:

"There is no rain yet, sorry. But instead, a lot of fixes, and a few new features as well."

Thanks Peter. Next time I'll read the release notes, sorry for that.

Not sure if this has been covered already, but if I enable 1.6.2 everything goes crazy contrasty and everything looks completely wrong, like 8 bit consoles with the wrong colour palette. I assume this is something to do with the new HDR functionality - is there something that needs to be done to properly configure that?

If I roll back to 1.6.1 everything is fine.

Last edited:
Yeah night is insanely dark on my OLED. You can't see anything at all. Dropping the contrast to 90%ish fixes it but obviously looks washed out during the day.

Last edited:
So 1.62 seems to break the lighting on some tracks and not others. For example, Port Newark looks fine in 1.61 but broken in 1.62 with huge areas of just blackhole-ness. I ran into the same problem on other tracks but Newark is one I recall.

Some pics from the current development. A new sky shader will be introduced in the future CSP versions. Its much more flexible and looks pretty real. it will take much time to completelly integrate it into Sol, but atm i'm working on new smog and humidity controls for Sol. This will offer much better track adaptions to the existing system. Here are some rough screenshots from the coding session today:

s7GHIEd.jpg

WvZFafi.jpg

msUJQ9N.jpg

x3nlmzf.jpg

PrJ3unW.jpg

qOD0M3M.jpg

Some pics from the current development. A new sky shader will be introduced in the future CSP versions. Its much more flexible and looks pretty real. it will take much time to completelly integrate it into Sol, but atm i'm working on new smog and humidity controls for Sol. This will offer much better track adaptions to the existing system. Here are some rough screenshots from the coding session today:

Look up to the skies and see indeed. Bravo peter. Those are out-right photographs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back