Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Weird problem in CM with the Sol Config and Sol Weather app on the latest version of Sol. In the CM apps list, my Sol Config options are the same options as Sol Weather. I no longer have the Save Load and app scale options, but rather all of Sol Weather options instead. Any ideas on what's causing that?

EDIT: Sort of fixed the problem. I deleted the Sol Config folder from the app\python directory and copied the Sol Config folder from the previous version into the app\python directory and everything seems fine now. Guess I will have to use an older Sol Config app version with the newest Sol version. Hope that doesn't cause any problems.

Bug confirmed. There's a file settings_defaults.ini in \apps\python\sol_config\settings of the RC2 and Final version of v1.6.1 causing Sol Config-settings screen (not ingame) not to load properly. Deleting the file solves it.

Absolutely love this. One question, though - I'm using this with WetFX tracks and there's a very realistic plume of spray from the car in front, but it's back - like someone's literally burning rubber. Am I doing something wrong?

when turning of "New dirt -Spray" all spray is black/white.

Are y talking about particles fx->new smoke and dust? Cause if this is the state i get different results than you:

1) If "new smoke and dust" is active: no spray at all
2) If "new smoke and dust" is not active: i get black spray from other cars.

CSP 0.1.61, Monza wet (Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso 2.0), light rain (sol)

Last edited:
Hi Peter, quick question:

There are some slight differences in "LIGHTNING FX" preferred settings, between the Sol guide (pdf) and the CSP preset on the Sol wiki.

Image taken from Sol guide pdf. Preferred settings from CSP preset are marked in yellow:

Immagine.jpg

Which one is 'right/recommended'?

Hi Peter, quick question:

There are some slight differences in "LIGHTNING FX" preferred settings, between the Sol guide (pdf) and the CSP preset on the Sol wiki.

Image taken from Sol guide pdf. Preferred settings from CSP preset are marked in yellow:

View attachment 392782

Which one is 'right/recommended'?
I updated it to a new method in Sol's wiki.

Are y talking about particles fx->new smoke and dust? Cause if this is the state i get different results than you:

1) If "new smoke and dust" is active: no spray at all
2) If "new smoke and dust" is not active: i get black spray from other cars.

CSP 0.1.61, Monza wet (Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso 2.0), light rain (sol)

Yes, that's what I get, too.

Peter Boese updated Sol with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, improvements, new sky preset, new features

Sol 1.5.5 + 1.6.2

Sol is being further developed with a new sky environment. With this, there are only procedural generated clouds. Sol 1.5.x marks the state, where 2d clouds and a modified base of 3d clouds are used. So i decided to split the releases into Sol 1.5.x, a final version and the beginning of a new sky development - Sol 1.6 and higher.

With this release, you can switch those two branches easily in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back