Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Question regarding the ppfilter .lua files. I've noticed on the SOL-Extra one it has a bit of code that lifts the gamma at night so it's not pitch black around 9-10PM but don't seem to have this option in the app and trying to lift that bit of code and transfer over to my .lua file appears to just make the sky turn black as not sure exactly what i'm doing :O_o:. Could you guide or give some assistance as to how to achieve this effect successfully? Many thanks!

Hi All. I have a question as I have now discovered VAOs for AC. I saw videos of the feature by Ilja and assumed it was automatically enabled when using the latest version of CSP. I now believe that not to be the case.

I have gone through the motions of downloading all the Track VAOs in CM, which I see it has also downloaded VAOs for the extra mod tracks I have which are awesome! What I am confused on though, is where/how I generate the VAOs for the cars.

My Car VAO folder only has a handful of VAOs in there, and I see no immediate option in CM on how I generate them myself. Google surprisingly is also not that helpful as I am not finding much in the way of videos/links which shows me what I need to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Whisky!

My Car VAO folder only has a handful of VAOs in there, and I see no immediate option in CM on how I generate them myself. Google surprisingly is also not that helpful as I am not finding much in the way of videos/links which shows me what I need to do.

note: it doesnt work as well on cars as for tracks

see this post and ff. for info and download:

also this:

Last edited:
Is there a chance we could get the Sol_ACC- PPfilter again in a later update ? I really liked it's appearance,but in the newest versions it seems to be missing. Just a suggestion, I really like Sol 1.6 as it is.:)

Just ignore that error. Atm I'm trying to find, why the hell this happens. It does not interfer while Sol is running, so it must happen while CSP starts or while CSP ends. It's no critical bug....

Hi Peter-
I'm catching that same "attempt to call a nil value" error that mesa had where CM can't run the weather script. except it's bouncing me out completely back to the CM menu. So for now I can't even play the game trying to launch through CM. Any suggestions?

Hi Peter-
I'm catching that same "attempt to call a nil value" error that mesa had where CM can't run the weather script. except it's bouncing me out completely back to the CM menu. So for now I can't even play the game trying to launch through CM. Any suggestions?
Actually this bug is fixed. Which version of Sol you are running? Which version of CSP?

Hi! It may be a noob question but today I've downloaded SOL and installed as described. Then I wanted to join servers which recommends SOL. After loading screen, it started to kick me off every time, unless I disable SOL. In fact, I couldn't join any server while SOL was enabled. Is there any thing I have to do? Thanks in advance for replies.

Last edited:
I am trying to clean uninstall with the batch file that comes with the latest release, but I am getting "access is denied" for numerous files. If I try to run the file as Admin as suggested in the Overview then I am getting an AC folder not found. Can someone help here?thanks

First of all, I would like to thank You all for the tremendous amount of Work You put into Assetto Corsa- keeping our favourite sim alive!:thumbsup:
Some weeks ago I got myself a new PC and Installed AC, the current version of Sol and Content manager, Custom Shaders Patch V0.1.60 (the recommended one). Now I'm experiencing a little Problem:
Sol's Weather setting won't change, no matter what I select under the "Drive"- Tab in CM. I can load the Track and change the weather via the Sol Weather App (for example, to "Overcast"). If I leave the Track and select another setting in CM, "Clear"or whatever everything will look fine. Back on Track, the Sky will be overcast again, unless I choose something else with the Ingame-App. No big problem for me, just something I'd like to point out;).

First of all, I would like to thank You all for the tremendous amount of Work You put into Assetto Corsa- keeping our favourite sim alive!:thumbsup:
Some weeks ago I got myself a new PC and Installed AC, the current version of Sol and Content manager, Custom Shaders Patch V0.1.60 (the recommended one). Now I'm experiencing a little Problem:
Sol's Weather setting won't change, no matter what I select under the "Drive"- Tab in CM. I can load the Track and change the weather via the Sol Weather App (for example, to "Overcast"). If I leave the Track and select another setting in CM, "Clear"or whatever everything will look fine. Back on Track, the Sky will be overcast again, unless I choose something else with the Ingame-App. No big problem for me, just something I'd like to point out;).
There are 2 options. Just install it again OR:

Open Sol_plan_selector and look if there is a weather plan active:
1600514249734.png

Just deactivate it.

You can also set Sol to not start with a weather plan:
1600514348135.png

These are default values. Maybe while the installation, those settings were not overwritten.

Last edited:
It was so much simpler than that:redface:. I uninstalled Sol and after I reinstalled it, I saw I had ticked the box in the Ingame- App, so I was forcing Sol to use a specific weather. It was just a matter of un-checking that Box in Sol's App. Thank You very much for the quick response, anyway!:thumbsup:

Hi @Peter Boese , I came here to give a very important FeedBack!

Since the first versions of SOL, I realize that it is falling short in the refraction of light with each new version. Why am I saying this? Here I made two comparisons of luminosity and when we put the time manager SOL and the Time Manager x4Fab next to the CSP and I perceive an immense superiority in the Weather control of x4Fab. But remembering that only in the Light do you realize this, as for the rest the SOL is still superior. But try to remove this luminosity in Blue that comes from the sky and inside the car's windows and bodywork and even the dashboard. Anyway, your job is great but be careful not to start running away from SOL's proposal. Is it possible to make the MOD sun light equal to the x4Fab weather control?

SOL 1.6 weather control
View attachment 407562

x4Fab weather control
View attachment 407563

SOL 1.6 weather control
View attachment 407564

x4Fab weather control
View attachment 407565
Everything will be fixed with Sol 2.0. Actually now i'm uploading the new Sol 2.0 alpha 7 which fixes such problems....

[QUOTE = "Peter Boese, gönderi: 3265419, üye: 189667"]
Bunun ne anlama geldiğini bilmiyorum. Orada ne yaptığın hakkında bana bilgi verecek bir açıklama veya herhangi bir şey yok.

Esas olarak Sol bu tür hatalara neden olmaz. Önce ayarlar -> özel Shader yamasından "weatherFX" i devre dışı bırakmayı deneyin.
Ve sonra hatanın hala devam edip etmediğini söyle.
[/ALINTI]

I don't get an error when I disable WeatherFX

But this time I can't change the mood in the game

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies