Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
There is no actual atmospheric rain at this point. Just imitation reflections on some tracks and drops on the windshield (if enabled by the app).
Thanks for the answer, I hope to see the rain in the future (if it's possible).
Loving the mod atm, can't wait for multiplayer. This will bring new life to endurance racing

Worked perfectly on the first race. 20 lap day/night at Spa but when I started another race the weather had changed to a frosty winter theme. I've tried increasing the temperature and setting the date to mid July but nothing changes. Am I missing something in the setup?
Otherwise, a fantastic mod.

It's working perfectly well again now. I don't know what I was doing wrong before.
Thanks for all the work you do, it's appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks. I had to uninstall everything and reinstall. Now it works. Except that I don't have headlights at night and I can't see any precipitation.

For rain on the windshield you need to access the ACC Ext Rain app or install the BLM Car app (get BLM Lights as well). I believe the L key is assigned to turn on and off headlights, they don't come on automatically.

I'm just wondering if this is actually better then good and bad weathers. I love that mod a lot, if this mod is supposed to be a successor to that one then I just can't wait to install it, if not, I would probably hold my horses, because deleting gbw completely would be kind of a pain the ass.

To start off Im using it in VR (Oculus Rift) .I have it installed properly I believe .The issue I am having is the following. If I try to use it with C.M once the car and track load everything is spinning out of control . If I open with the regular Assetto Corsa everything works as it should. I just have to pick the Sol weather selection first within C.M then exit out of C.M and open game with regular Assetto Corsa. Not sure why the image spins out of control. Besides that issue it looks beautiful. Please help. Thanks

I'm just wondering if this is actually better then good and bad weathers. I love that mod a lot, if this mod is supposed to be a successor to that one then I just can't wait to install it, if not, I would probably hold my horses, because deleting gbw completely would be kind of a pain the ass.
It's basically a better GBW with proper day/night cycles and transitions.
If you read the instructions, all you do is disable GBW weathers. You don't have to delete anything.

• Deleted member 197115

Solution for Rain management in VR.
Install BLM Car app, enable its shortcuts and map them to VoiceAttack.
Now you can just say "Rain/No Rain" to control when it starts/stop.
Hopefully next SOL/Shader release could do it automatically and set intensity based on chosen weather.

Tested unpredictable weather plan 5 slots and noticed after full cycle second cycle was copy from first and not random/unpredictable anymore. So we need longer time values and/or more weather slots for endurance races or can set up so next cycle will different from previous?

Does ({"Clear", "Rain", "Rain", "Clear"}) equal Rain, Clear, Clear, Rain
A,B,B,A = B,A,A,B
both have 50% rain probability or algorithm pick up middle values often?

"NoClouds" slot still generated clouds, holding time random 200-360, previous and next transition 260-480. For real NoCloud sky do i need to add some fixed static slot or how it works better?

Sun set/rise sky seems too red, is there possibility change saturation or hue?
(AE is turned off)

Tested unpredictable weather plan 5 slots and noticed after full cycle second cycle was copy from first and not random/unpredictable anymore. So we need longer time values and/or more weather slots for endurance races or can set up so next cycle will different from previous?

Does ({"Clear", "Rain", "Rain", "Clear"}) equal Rain, Clear, Clear, Rain
A,B,B,A = B,A,A,B
both have 50% rain probability or algorithm pick up middle values often?

"NoClouds" slot still generated clouds, holding time random 200-360, previous and next transition 260-480. For real NoCloud sky do i need to add some fixed static slot or how it works better?

Sun set/rise sky seems too red, is there possibility change saturation or hue?
(AE is turned off)
There is only 1 weather per slot. Everything is just only one time created at the start up. so you have to produce more weather slot. You can even make a for cycle:
This examples produces 144 weather slots, with 5 min static weather and 5 min change to the next weather. so 144 * 10min = 24 hours. Note that weather plan time is real computer time, its not linked to AC's time progression.

for i=1, 6*24, 1 do
__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
weather = random({"NoClouds", "Clear", "FewClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "Windy", "BrokenClouds", "OvercastClouds", "Fog", "Mist", "Haze", "LightDrizzle", "Drizzle", "LightRain", "Rain", "LightThunderstorm", "Thunderstorm", "Squalls", "Tornado", "LightSleet", "Sleet", "Hail"}),
time_holding = 300,
time_changing = 300,
temperature_ambient = random(10,20),
temperature_road = random(20,30),
wind_direction = random(0,360),
wind_speed = random(10,35),
})
end

If you want a explicite weather in a slot, just write:
weather = "NoClouds"

So if you use the random function it returns 1 value:
random({"A","B","C"}) returns "A" OR "B" OR "C"
{"A","B","C"} is LUA syntax and it creates a table/array of some strings as the parameter of the function random()

random() can also be used to return a number by giving it the lowest and highest possible value.
like: random(10,30) returns a random number between 10 and 30.

random is not a standard LUA function. Its made by me for Sol.

To sum up the things:
You need 1 weather slot per possible weather.

If the interface for CM is ready, this will be much easier....

Hey,
As I said in my review, great job mate.
It is the best mod out there when it comes to weather effects (all racing games included).

I will repeat my question here in case some other member could help me out.
Do I have to install extra mods to make the rain/snow to start working? If yes, could you suggest some?
Everything else is showing as it should on track but I do not get wet surface or any particles.
Is there a chance that with the next update we will get those particles included in the Sol mod?
Thanks in advance! :)

@SumerianDaemon

For the rain to start working get BLM Car here.
For working lights on tracks get the specific config files for each track. Best place is the Discord channel AC custom shaders. For wet track surfaces you need to get the specific wet versions, here for example.

hi peter ..again thanks for this wonderful job! one question..in previous job you can turn on/off HDR in PPfilter..now seem tho HDR is integrated on sol.my question is if is a way to play sol whithout HDR, i read the pdf.,i search the config_lua and erased the line off hdr,but do not notice any change. THanks in advance!!

@SumerianDaemon

For the rain to start working get BLM Car here.
For working lights on tracks get the specific config files for each track. Best place is the Discord channel AC custom shaders. For wet track surfaces you need to get the specific wet versions, here for example.
I will do that! :) I just read through the comments that might be a "particles update" coming in the next version of Sol, so I thought I should wait!
Thanks a lot mate! Totally appreciated.

hi peter ..again thanks for this wonderful job! one question..in previous job you can turn on/off HDR in PPfilter..now seem tho HDR is integrated on sol.my question is if is a way to play sol whithout HDR, i read the pdf.,i search the config_lua and erased the line off hdr,but do not notice any change. THanks in advance!!
Do you mean PostProcessing or something else?
And do not erase lines in code, please!
There is an alternate mode of Autoexposure, which uses some kind of fake HDR.
You can switch this off in the sol_config.lua:
ae__alternate_ae_mode = 0.

Or do you mean switch off Postprocessing, then switch it off in CM->settings->video
and in the sol_config.lua set the parameter:
nopp__use_sol_without_postprocessing = true

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.3%