Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Peter Boese
Oh-my-god! What a gift for the AC community!
I've finally managed to properly install Sol (and such easily now with the recent beta for CM) and it's mindblowing...
It works so smoothly in VR with Oculus CV1... i particularly enjoy the 16.30-18.00 hours range with windy clouds... it's awesome and is perfectly integrated with the Shaders Patch, the Real Mirrors... it's so beautiful that sometimes you would love to drive very slowly to appreciate everything around you, the reflections and the shadows.
I've just finished a quick race on the Nordschleife, wet mod, sunset, cloud and windshield mod... and wow, simply wow!
You are either an alien or a god, ahaha!
Thank you again for this gem and for any kind of future update.
Love from Italy

Blows my mind how amazing AC looks with Sol and the Shaders mod.
sm1.jpg

How accurate are the eclipse times ? I set up the date Aug 21, 2017, 1020am for an event that was visible in Los Angeles, didn't seem to work. This was at LA Canyons which has correct GPS cords.

Although the date Aug 11, 1999 11:10am works properly for Nordschleife .

How accurate are the eclipse times ? I set up the date Aug 21, 2017, 1020am for an event that was visible in Los Angeles, didn't seem to work. This was at LA Canyons which has correct GPS cords.

Although the date Aug 11, 1999 11:10am works properly for Nordschleife .
Very strange. Don't know what happens there.

A new Shader Patch is available. Follow to Sols discord beta channel:
https://discord.gg/J4ywAm

There are many fixes and features:

• Reflections fixed;
Cars now don't be lit by the sky in the night, The mirrows show the correct sky.
• Seasonable adjustments are disabled when accurate sun movement is disabled;
• Option to disable seasonal adjustments;
In Settings->Custom Shader Patch->weatherFX
• Keywords recognition in weather ID online or for older replays

With the latest Sol beta I noticed Sol is now an entry under Content/Mods. Disabled the Sol entry, got message that enabling it would cause instability, deleted entry, all seems well.

Last edited:
which settings should be enabled?

CSxYyEK.png

Im getting this:
4DcxN07.jpg

JpT0waq.jpg

:D

sol 1.0 (the link here in RD)
shader patch preview 44

Last edited:
which settings should be enabled?

CSxYyEK.png

Im getting this:
4DcxN07.jpg

JpT0waq.jpg

:D

sol 1.0 (the link here in RD)
shader patch preview 44
Most likely this has nothing to do with Sol, but with the new shader patch. In the TAB General Patch settings, you will find checkboxes for optimization settings. Try to disable them one after one. It could cause this....

Most likely this has nothing to do with Sol, but with the new shader patch. In the TAB General Patch settings, you will find checkboxes for optimization settings. Try to disable them one after one. It could cause this....

thats right. I installed preview 42 and its fine now :) 44 makes my cars disappear

But it would be better to find the reason why it disapears. preview 44 brings much features, like the fixed reflections with weatherFX...
yeah i'll reinstall everything new a try it again later.

For now, with sol 1.1 and preview 42 i'm finding some visual things that standout, for example the dashboard reflection on the winshield at dusk looks weird:

MeswM6p.jpg

Or, If I enable the windscreen fx and shadows this happen when objects cross the sun

BIGDCNB.png

QUGAokL.jpg

edit: actually the last picture also happens with windscreen fx off. With the extention on but shadows off, the result is the first picture.

I think this is all normal, just looks a bit off becasue the reflection of the dashboard should be weaker Î suppose, but its intensity is the same as if it was noon.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back