Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
urd-jt5-2016-inside-car-sky.jpg
urd-jt5-2016-outside-car-sky.jpg
kunos-bmw-m2-gt2-inside-car-sky.jpg
kunos-bmw-m2-gt2-outside-car-sky.jpg
kunos-F138-scattered-clouds-sky.jpg

Hello Peter,
One observation I've made with one particular car (1st image urd jt5 2016) has no clouds in the sky(scattered clouds preset) this is a screen grab from inside the car, also you'll notice no ai line, even though it's active. from outside the car everything is normal ai line, scattered cloudy sky etc. This is with any track and I'm currently using beta v3. I discovered this last night, difference being that with Sol version 1, same settings the sky was orange - having installed beta v3 orange sky gone, as above currently. I've only noticed this with the urd jt5 2016 - all kunos cars behave properly, well the half dozen I've checked. I'm assuming it's a fault somewhere in the car files? as the other paid mod I have of urd (t5 2018) acts normal. Should I drop urd an email? - I have to admit I've not tested all cars/all tracks but enough to be certain that this car has an error somewhere.

I think I figured out my issue. When I load into ac my post process filter changes to S1-showroom which just kills the colors and oversaturates everything. Changing it manually to _Sol everytime seems to fix it. Yes I have read the manual. I have set it the pp filter to __Sol and I have saved my graphics settings in cm. I followed the manual to the letter. I don't have any other graphics mods except sol and the shader patch both of which I manually dropped into ac root. So just fyi check your in-game pp filter from the pp filter app that it is actually _Sol. Wonder why it does that tho?

This might be unrelated, but ever since I installed Sol, a lot of my tracks are now in snowy environments!

There's snow at Mugello, for instance - no matter what weather or temp I choose.
It doesn't seem to affect every track. I have GbW installed but disabled like it instructs in the Sol manual (which I read entirely). Sol is otherwise working just fine.

Is there an easy way to remove Sol now that I have it installed? I don't like being forced to drive with a snowy landscape. I don't have any "winter" mods installed. I haven't checked "Real Conditions". It might not be Sol's fault, but I need to remove it first to determine that.

It's just a question of date choice .... we're in winter and if you don't change the date ... nearly sure you'll have snowy landscape on tracks all over a great part of Europe.

So .......

In CM, at the right of the time cursor, you have 3 dots ( 3 points let's say ), click and check "Specific date" and choose in the calendar a date where you're sure not to have snow .... the actual date of winter can show you snow and not rain ... according the actual temperatures. ;)

If somebody like to try a new beta?
https://discord.gg/fM8zVzP

!!! Install via CM !!!
Just drag'n'drop the zip directly to CM and install it. (press green menu item -> install)

Sol is now compatible if PostProcessing is switched off. Please open the sol_config.lua in /extension/weather/sol and set nopp__use_sol_without_postprocessing = true.

Hi Peter,
I tried the beta and it works well without PP.
Same FPS as vanilla AC!!!
Thanks for your work

Same fps like Vanilla AC + PP?

As a side note, does CM/Shader Patch have a workaround for the dim tail lights without PP filters enabled? I'm currently using the 'minimal' PP filter that was uploaded here so I can see the brake lights of other cars with as little FPS impact as possible, but there's still an impact. I'd love to turn off PP entirely to get that bit of performance back but brake lights are mildly helpful sometimes :D

I did the shader installation and the sol installation and now if i select any sol weather my sky looks like this (pic1). And if i select a gbw weather my sky looks fine but my car looks like this (pic2)

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2019.01.24 - 21.34.44.82.png
    Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2019.01.24 - 21.34.44.82.png
    585.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.24 - 21.28.14.87dsfdsdsfdsf.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.24 - 21.28.14.87dsfdsdsfdsf.png
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 219

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 65 35.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 54.9%