Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I did the shader installation and the sol installation and now if i select any sol weather my sky looks like this (pic1). And if i select a gbw weather my sky looks fine but my car looks like this (pic2)
Please read the manual carefully. You have to deactivate the old Shader Patch version before you install the new one!

@kondor69
This has been covered many times. Change the session date to a non-winter month and it'll be green again.
There are files you can delete, but it's easy to simply change the date.

It's a feature of the shader patch, not Sol.

When I change the date (Nords for example) the time is shifted by 9 hours from the time I specified. So if I set the time to 7pm, on track its 4am. This only occurs when I specify the date, if I leave the specify date box unchecked then time on track is exactly what I set in the CM.

When I change the date (Nords for example) the time is shifted by 9 hours from the time I specified. So if I set the time to 7pm, on track its 4am. This only occurs when I specify the date, if I leave the specify date box unchecked then time on track is exactly what I set in the CM.
its a known bug. it will be fixed with the next shader patch....

I read the manual and did as it says but it won't work for me. The time wont advance past 18 o clock and CM gives me an error message: "Could not find part of the path C:\.....\sol_config.lua
What can I do to fix this?

Nevermind, I installed via CM. My bad!

Hey, i'm having a similar issue with mine. How did you manage to get around it?

Just to clarify, to get wet tracks I need the track wet mods as well, that is not integrated?

Also, some tracks have additional lights, some don't. Same thing, on a per track basis?

And lastly, the track lights turn off a bit early when it's still pretty dark. Is there a way to change that?

Edit: Oh, and also, stellar work. Drove Feldbergring at night in the Capri, fantastic stuff :)

Just to clarify, to get wet tracks I need the track wet mods as well, that is not integrated?

Also, some tracks have additional lights, some don't. Same thing, on a per track basis?

And lastly, the track lights turn off a bit early when it's still pretty dark. Is there a way to change that?

Edit: Oh, and also, stellar work. Drove Feldbergring at night in the Capri, fantastic stuff :)
Yes. Wet mod is another mod you have to install, but it is fully supported by Sol.
There are lots of modders who are making the track lights. You can visit them here:
https://discord.gg/pu9HNj

The track lights have to be adapted for the new solar functions (real sunpath...) - it will take a while...

Thanks Peter for a fantastic mod,
just one question, I can't fine the file that lets you adjust the setting that dictates the ambient value that turns on the head light, can anyone point me in the right direction. I did find it two days ago & now for the life of me I can't.

Thanks

Thanks Peter for a fantastic mod,
just one question, I can't fine the file that lets you adjust the setting that dictates the ambient value that turns on the head light, can anyone point me in the right direction. I did find it two days ago & now for the life of me I can't.

Thanks

assettocorsa>extension>weather>sol>sol config.lua

Sorry for the dumb question, but when I set rain or thunderstorm I don't get any rain effect, no raindrops, nothing. Is it normal? I know that a wet mod is needed to have rain effects on the tarmac, don't know about the actual rain

Sorry for the dumb question, but when I set rain or thunderstorm I don't get any rain effect, no raindrops, nothing. Is it normal? I know that a wet mod is needed to have rain effects on the tarmac, don't know about the actual rain

There is no actual atmospheric rain at this point. Just imitation reflections on some tracks and drops on the windshield (if enabled by the app).

As a side note, does CM/Shader Patch have a workaround for the dim tail lights without PP filters enabled? I'm currently using the 'minimal' PP filter that was uploaded here so I can see the brake lights of other cars with as little FPS impact as possible, but there's still an impact. I'd love to turn off PP entirely to get that bit of performance back but brake lights are mildly helpful sometimes :D

Mod is unbelievable!! As above, is it possible to see brake lights with PP off?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 68 29.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 47 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 46 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.1%