Wet Mod 2.0 - Night and Daylight edition
- New settings, native compatibility with Shaders Patch & Dynamic Lights, enhanced realism in night and daylight conditions
- Double layered wet tarmac texture, with differenced reflections for a deeper and more detailed wet ashpalt.
- Shadows fix
- Mugello Track
- Not compatbile anymore with @Blamer 's app BLM Lights, will be fixed soon
What 's included
Included wet variation of 11 Kunos fully multiplayer usable tracks mostly with 32 pits (see pictures below) , wet particles, custom physics tested out to give a nice feedback to the wheel and add immersion, plus 7 custom standard weathers with the purposely revamped “Mid Clouds” and “Heavy Clouds” (the rest from Natural Mod). 2 Custom Made PPFilters.
Adjusted settings to make the most of daylights reflections, added another layer of wet stripes to make use of an alternate lucid/matte reflections
Dynamic Lights compatibility
The 2nd wet texture layer is designed especially to enhance the graphics in lowlight conditions such as dark reflexes or at night with lights on.
A FPS-friendly PPfilter to use with standard weathers and in conjunction with "Moony" weather from Assettobynight by @fabrizio piedepesante
Visual lights reflection customization
If you'd like a little bit more reflection with car's lights on (in ex: heavy clouds or night weathers) you could do so editing the lighting_fx.ini in extension/config touching the parameter SPECULAR_MULT, (or via Content Manager in Shaders Patch Settings -> Trakcs Specular Multiplier). Right now I'm using 1.35 (135% in CM). You can also edit the per track value in extension/config/tracks (I did it for the Nords). For now do not use BLM Lights app with "Wet" effect on or you'll brake the wetness.
1- Via JGSM.exe, simply unrar the archive in the main AC folder (steamapps/common/assettocorsa/) then open JGSM.exe, select Wet Mod e press the right arrow to activate it. Remember to deactivate it before upgrading the mod to newer versions.
2- Remember to enable reflexes in the graphics settings at least with minimum refresh rate (static looks meh) and with medium reflection detail at least. Use Natural Mod or AC_Wet_Mod as post processing filter to harvest a little extra fps and looks.
3- Enable Smoke Generation if you want the car to spray water.
4-In game turn the dirt sound to 2 or 3.
5-If you'd like a little bit more reflection with car's lights on (in ex: heavy clouds or night weathers) you could do so editing the lighting_fx.ini in extension/config touching the parameter SPECULAR_MUT, (or via Content Manager in Shaders Patch Settings -> Trakcs Specular Multiplier). You can also edit the per track value in extension/config/tracks (I did it for the Nords).
– Find your correct graphics settings to run the mod: you’ll have to own a decent rig to run a full grid of cars with this mod on so experiment yourself.
– FWD grip really is an understeery nightmare. The mod has been designed for RWD cars.
– You might want to adjust the FFB levels in game in the Wet Tracks with + on the numpad to gain the lost torque.
– If you find the AI to be too strong try editing the ai_hints.ini in the data folder of the given track and lowering the values :
VALUE=0.71 (lower/higher value for weaker/stronger AI)
– Seek Help
The mod is, and always will be, free. If you feel like buying me a coffee, please donate here.