Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
[QUOTE = "ashasha, post: 3160934, membro: 365101"]
Ho appena trascorso le ultime ore a giocare con la 1.6.1 in VR. Ci sono sicuramente alcuni miglioramenti delle prestazioni e sembra fantastico finora. Non ho avuto problemi con l'ultima versione beta di CSP.

Come sempre, apprezzo molto il lavoro di Peter!
[/CITAZIONE]

dove può essere scaricato 1.6.1?

[QUOTE = "ashasha, post: 3160934, membro: 365101"]
Ho appena trascorso le ultime ore a giocare con la 1.6.1 in VR. Ci sono sicuramente alcuni miglioramenti delle prestazioni e sembra fantastico finora. Non ho avuto problemi con l'ultima versione beta di CSP.

Come sempre, apprezzo molto il lavoro di Peter!
[/CITAZIONE]

dove può essere scaricato 1.6.1?
Its in the alpha section of SOL WeatherFX Discord channel that Peter posted a few days ago. Lots of other great information in there as well.

Hi Peter many thanks for your great work....i run Ac with a Ryzen 5 3600x on a msi b450 with a Sapphire nitro+ 5700xt and i use an Hp reverb....well my best setup is to use the csp 0.1.36 with Sol 1.4.2 and i'm very happy with fps and visual....the problem is that is the only mix that works good on my system....i tried all the csp with all newest Sol version with all the graphical setting possible but the only mix that make my experience at 90fps stable is 1.36 with sol 1.4.2.... the experience is great and i will keep that setting as my benchmark but really i don't understand why there is a so big fps drop in fps specially at night in LeMans with other csp and Sol version....really i tried everything...
I will try 1.6 when available....but what your tought as developper? what could make csp1.36 so faster that newest can't do on my system?

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm not sure what exactly is causing my problem: car interior is very dark.
I can't even see the gauges, just a vague outline.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers!

For now its like the weather change is set on top of the AC values. So The temps will change in the weather plan, but actually the do not have an influence on AC temps. This will change in the future.
You have to activate the weather plan in the "sol plan selector":
View attachment 366312
There you choose your plan.

If you set this in CM, The plan will run automatically when going into the session:
View attachment 366313

You could use such plan, it starts with the weather you selected in CM and then it creates 20 additional weather slots. All slots have a transition time of 180 seconds, so the plan needs 1 hour to cycle through. Feel free to edit it to your needs:

local current, last = nil, nil

local weathers = {}
weathers[0] = "LightThunderstorm"
weathers[1] = "Thunderstorm"
weathers[2] = "HeavyThunderstorm"
weathers[3] = "LightDrizzle"
weathers[4] = "Drizzle"
weathers[5] = "HeavyDrizzle"
weathers[6] = "LightRain"
weathers[7] = "Rain"
weathers[8] = "HeavyRain"
weathers[9] = "LightSnow"
weathers[10] = "Snow"
weathers[11] = "HeavySnow"
weathers[12] = "LightSleet"
weathers[13] = "Sleet"
weathers[14] = "HeavySleet"
weathers[15] = "Clear"
weathers[16] = "FewClouds"
weathers[17] = "ScatteredClouds"
weathers[18] = "BrokenClouds"
weathers[19] = "OvercastClouds"
weathers[20] = "Fog"
weathers[21] = "Mist"
weathers[22] = "Smoke"
weathers[23] = "Haze"
weathers[24] = "Sand"
weathers[25] = "Dust"
weathers[26] = "Squalls"
weathers[27] = "Tornado"
weathers[28] = "Hurricane"
weathers[29] = "Cold"
weathers[30] = "Hot"
weathers[31] = "Windy"
weathers[32] = "Hail"
weathers[100] = "NoClouds"

last = weathers[ac.getInputWeatherType()]

__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
-- weather type
weather = last,
time_holding = 0,
time_changing = 180,
temperature_ambient = random(15,20),
temperature_road = random(15,24),
wind_direction = random(0, 360),
wind_speed = random(10,30)
})

for i=1, 20 do -- create 20 weather slots

-- prevent duplicated weather
repeat
current = random({"NoClouds",
"Clear", "FewClouds", "ScatteredClouds",
"Windy", "BrokenClouds", "OvercastClouds",
"Fog", "Mist", "Smoke", "Haze",
"Sand", "Dust",
"LightDrizzle", "Drizzle", "HeavyDrizzle",
"LightRain", "Rain", "HeavyRain",
"LightThunderstorm", "Thunderstorm", "HeavyThunderstorm",
"Squalls", "Tornado", "Hurricane",
"LightSleet", "Sleet", "HeavySleet",
"LightSnow", "Snow", "HeavySnow",
"Hail"})
until last == nil or current ~= last

last = current

__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
-- weather type
weather = current,
time_holding = 0,
time_changing = 180,
temperature_ambient = random(15,20),
temperature_road = random(15,24),
wind_direction = random(0, 360),
wind_speed = random(10,30)
})
end

Thank you very much :)

I have a strange problem...I deactivated the autoexposure in sol_vr.in and sol_vr.lua...and the config loaded is correctly the sol_vr.lua.....when I drive close cockpit cars it'all ok....when I use a rss formula hybrid 2020 seems that the autoexposure back on.... What I'm wrong?

I have a strange problem...I deactivated the autoexposure in sol_vr.in and sol_vr.lua...and the config loaded is correctly the sol_vr.lua.....when I drive close cockpit cars it'all ok....when I use a rss formula hybrid 2020 seems that the autoexposure back on.... What I'm wrong?
could you do a little video with the sol_weather app shown?

Hi again! Someone can help me? I have been using the SOL mod recently. Unfortunately, the sounds associated with rain are definitely too loud. Is there an option to change it? Turn down the volume a little bit?

Hello again, Peter! =) @Peter Boese

I just posted this. Do you have any clues if it has to do with the SOL Mod or with the PP filter or so? (are there much difference in how smooth the graphics, edges etc are with your different pp filters?) Have a nice weekend! =)

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/graphics-looks-too-sharp-flickering.183004/
Hi,

This is a problem of the main AC video settings and your graphics gard settings. Sol is just a weather implementation and has no influence on the main graphics like AA. You should look into your settings. If you are using NVIDIA card, try to use "NVIDIA inspector". There you can customize your AA settings.
I recommend to disable the PostProcessing AA because they bring in much artefacts and MSAA is working much better.

Hi,

This is a problem of the main AC video settings and your graphics gard settings. Sol is just a weather implementation and has no influence on the main graphics like AA. You should look into your settings. If you are using NVIDIA card, try to use "NVIDIA inspector". There you can customize your AA settings.
I recommend to disable the PostProcessing AA because they bring in much artefacts and MSAA is working much better.

Unfortunately FXAA from Nvidia control panel is not avaliable. (acs.exe) Not sure how to ge rid of these blinking, annoying pixelated edges really. I guess i have to use the PP AA. Which one is the one to use then? =)

I've encountered either a bug or there's a setting that got switched by accident or something. I'm on the latest version of CSP and Content Manager and I'm on Sol 1.5.1. All of a sudden, no matter which track or weather I choose, its always raining. I can set the weather to ideal conditions, light clouds, tornado, etc. and it will keep defaulting to rain. Does anybody have any insight on how I can fix this?

I've encountered either a bug or there's a setting that got switched by accident or something. I'm on the latest version of CSP and Content Manager and I'm on Sol 1.5.1. All of a sudden, no matter which track or weather I choose, its always raining. I can set the weather to ideal conditions, light clouds, tornado, etc. and it will keep defaulting to rain. Does anybody have any insight on how I can fix this?
just reinstall Sol please. A file of the weather controller is corrupt then. And please look in the manual, there is a hint how to post an error. If you would open Sol_weather app, you would see a debug text of an error....

Thank you Peter and all modders that make this possible. Now this is my favorite Sim again.:)
I agree with you. Thank you to all fantastic modders for having improved so much AC to make it an endless game. And I kniw Ilja is trying to do another unbelievable thing....see a video un youtube

[QUOTE = "Maxstrong01, post: 3168667, membro: 593574"]
Sono d'accordo con te. Grazie a tutti i fantastici modder per aver migliorato così tanto AC per renderlo un gioco senza fine. E ho saputo che Ilja sta cercando di fare un'altra cosa incredibile .... guarda un video su YouTube
[/CITAZIONE]
link video?

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 127 70.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 43 24.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 19.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 36 20.1%