Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have sol and csp and they really do make an old game look really beautiful but I mostly race on pre configured servers.

Can anyone recommend a track/weather combo to try out to really show it off?

Hi
anybody can comment how this combo (SOL1.5 and CSP 1.46 or higher) works on triples? Been using CSP 1.33p4 with SOL 1.4.2 for a while now as it proven to be the best overall combo for my 3xFHD screens and SLI setup. Just wanna check if any comments, before I start experimenting.

Hi
anybody can comment how this combo (SOL1.5 and CSP 1.46 or higher) works on triples? Been using CSP 1.33p4 with SOL 1.4.2 for a while now as it proven to be the best overall combo for my 3xFHD screens and SLI setup. Just wanna check if any comments, before I start experimenting.
In CM settings>custom Shader patch >about and update, you can easily select a CSP version. And every Sol install package is always a complete package. So update Sol to the last release and begin trying the CSP versions with the latest. There is also much help you can get on CSP's and Sol's Discord server.

Sol 1.5.1 will come soon. We found some bugs and it has some new features, like the new CSP directional ambient light. Also the overall lighting has its full potential now. I f you like to try the beta, just go here:

Otherwise, here is some development update of Sol 1.6

CM kept giving me errors out of nowhere after a race to reinstall CSP. So i updated to the newest version (0.1.51) which fixed the error. However when i went into the next race (after setting the weather to sol scattered clouds in CM) the race was overcast or heavy with no 3d clouds or dynamic movement (despite those settings being on in sol config). The clouds were completely static.

I tried many tracks & many weather settings both in CM & in-game (tried forcing weather in sol config too). Another issue was that it had Wet Mod rain sfx every time, even after disabling the mod & then even after deleting out the files altogether.

I tried rolling back to other versions of CSP, resetting it's setting to default & making sure the right pp-filter's etc were all correctly set but still have the same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

CM kept giving me errors out of nowhere after a race to reinstall CSP. So i updated to the newest version (0.1.51) which fixed the error. However when i went into the next race (after setting the weather to sol scattered clouds in CM) the race was overcast or heavy with no 3d clouds or dynamic movement (despite those settings being on in sol config). The clouds were completely static.

I tried many tracks & many weather settings both in CM & in-game (tried forcing weather in sol config too). Another issue was that it had Wet Mod rain sfx every time, even after disabling the mod & then even after deleting out the files altogether.

I tried rolling back to other versions of CSP, resetting it's setting to default & making sure the right pp-filter's etc were all correctly set but still have the same issue. Anyone have any ideas?
Please make a screenshot with the sol_weather app shown. Sounds like a file is corrupt, maybe its better you reinstall Sol. First install CSP 1.51 in settings>custom shaders patch>about&info and then do a manual install of Sol. That should fix everything...

Please make a screenshot with the sol_weather app shown. Sounds like a file is corrupt, maybe its better you reinstall Sol. First install CSP 1.51 in settings>custom shaders patch>about&info and then do a manual install of Sol. That should fix everything...

Uninstalled & reinstalled Sol & it's working perfectly. Must've just been a bug when i updated. Looking at the config settings now, i may be wrong but it does look like updating csp changed a couple settings. I don't know why it would & i haven't seen others with the same problem so it shouldn't be anything. Thanks, saved me a whole day of completely uninstalling & reinstalling everything. Great work on the mod btw

to me the game crashes with a problem message to custom shader and everything freezes that I have to restart the pc, it does it with the csp 1.51 while with the 1.46 I see everything green. I reinstalled patch and sol but still have the problem, I also tried sol beta 1.51 but it does the same

Just a quick note around 3D clouds and VR. I found that after a while (intermittent amount of time) it locks the frame rate on 45fps GPU usage locked to +- 40% and gives stutters etc. I checked using FPSVR. As soon as I disable 3d clouds in the app, the fps will become stable again (instantly). Tested with SP 0.1.46 up to 0.1.52. Also had many crashes indicating SP should be re-installed (which I've done a number of times). Sol use CPU split, causes the same problems with FPS it seems. Hope you can get to the bottom of the issue with the next release as the 3D clouds look stunning.

Last edited:
Peter Boese updated Sol with a new update entry:

Better lighting, bugfixes

omg577y.jpg

Please read the install guide
Sol 1.5.1 install guide
Sol 1.5.1 Guida di installazione (by Roberto Geminiani)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a quick note around 3D clouds and VR. I found that after a while (intermittent amount of time) it locks the frame rate on 45fps GPU usage locked to +- 40% and gives stutters etc. I checked using FPSVR. As soon as I disable 3d clouds in the app, the fps will become stable again (instantly). Tested with SP 0.1.46 up to 0.1.52. Also had many crashes indicating SP should be re-installed (which I've done a number of times). Sol use CPU split, causes the same problems with FPS it seems. Hope you can get to the bottom of the issue with the next release as the 3D clouds look stunning.
Do you experience this with a fixed weathertype/plan or dynamic weatherplan? Do you happen to have Time Multiplier set to anything other than 1x? Will you be able to monitor Sol Weather app with Runtime-debug enabled (can be enabled in Sol Config app) when this happens? Other guy on Sol-Discord and me witness the same behaviour and Runtime goes to 15ms (instead of 2ms) and Garbagecollection goes to 350-400KB (instead of 60-70KB).
244210_20200404102355_1.png

Hi just a quick one, SOL 1.42 I have a saved race preset at 8.13am in march 2020 and it has the AI with no headlights on....
Any sol after that including sol 1.51 the AI have headlights on.
What can i change somewhere so that they don't put their lights on at that time as its not that dark and it tanks my FPS.

Quite happy with lights in darkness etc obviously, but when its like dawn i be happy not to have them on.

I am learning fiddling with filters and configs so point me in the right direction and i can change to my tastes.
I imagine it is as simple as copying some value from 1.42 to 1.51 but keeping the rest of the good new stuff.

cheers.

Do you experience this with a fixed weathertype/plan or dynamic weatherplan? Do you happen to have Time Multiplier set to anything other than 1x? Will you be able to monitor Sol Weather app with Runtime-debug enabled (can be enabled in Sol Config app) when this happens? Other guy on Sol-Discord and me witness the same behaviour and Runtime goes to 15ms (instead of 2ms) and Garbagecollection goes to 350-400KB (instead of 60-70KB).
View attachment 362888
Hi, I tested running 60x time progression and fixed weather. I'll test this afternoon with the runtime debug enabled and see how 1.5.1 behaves.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back