Is Content manager a must ?
I don't like to have too many software on my pc but if I have to... :rolleyes:
I installed it via JSGME, looks ok to me
[SOL_CONFIG]
ACTIVE=1
[SOL_WEATHER]
ACTIVE=1
is there but... I don't see any clouds in AC. :cautious:
It is. It relies on the custom shaders patch and the settings adjustments that can only be made in content manager. For what it’s worth it’s absolutely worth getting Content Manager

Is Content manager a must ?
I don't like to have too many software on my pc but if I have to... :rolleyes:
I installed it via JSGME, looks ok to me
[SOL_CONFIG]
ACTIVE=1
[SOL_WEATHER]
ACTIVE=1
is there but... I don't see any clouds in AC. :cautious:
Content Manager is needed. Its the most important part of the further AC modding...

Hi Peter, there is a very nasty bug in SOL 1.6.1 alpha - when switching through the weather plans AC crashes with a black screen once demo has been chosen. Only a very strict and annoying hard reset of my PC was even able to bring AC to life again, before I had to disable SOL completely.
In weather config is showing still 1.5.x as weather config version, is that correct? SOL 1.6. is installed properly I think.

Side note: was there any microstuttering reported, with latest 1.5.x beta version or stable 1.5.1? I almost turned crazy with this but since your latest alpha 1.6. it is running smoothly again.

Hi Peter, there is a very nasty bug in SOL 1.6.1 alpha - when switching through the weather plans AC crashes with a black screen once demo has been chosen. Only a very strict and annoying hard reset of my PC was even able to bring AC to life again, before I had to disable SOL completely.
In weather config is showing still 1.5.x as weather config version, is that correct? SOL 1.6. is installed properly I think.

Side note: was there any microstuttering reported, with latest 1.5.x beta version or stable 1.5.1? I almost turned crazy with this but since your latest alpha 1.6. it is running smoothly again.
For alpha and beta talk: please do it on Discord server. There is a crazy problem with the character code of the weather plan files. I don't know what happend, but if you open them and just put in a space and save it again, everything should work. The problem is, the lua interpreter try to read the file, but it has a conflict with the character code of some files.

OK, understood. Just for your information: the problem did not occur again since I immediately switched to my favorite weather plan "dynamic random" and skipped the demo plan in this way.

Reg. the microstutters: are there any issues or at least have you read some issues that people have had them with your latest release? I just want to fiddle out what has caused them since I recently bought a new GPU and was a little concerned about.

OK, understood. Just for your information: the problem did not occur again since I immediately switched to my favorite weather plan "dynamic random" and skipped the demo plan in this way.

Reg. the microstutters: are there any issues or at least have you read some issues that people have had them with your latest release? I just want to fiddle out what has caused them since I recently bought a new GPU and was a little concerned about.
There is some issue with the code I modified from Ilja's base. I tweaked it alot and I think in some situations, especially with weather plans it stresses it too much.
So with Sol 1.6 I use a own base, which fits my needs.

I just spent the last few hours playing with 1.6.1 alpha in VR. There are definitely some performance improvements and it looks great so far. I had no issues with the latest CSP beta.

As always, really appreciate the work Peter!

Last edited:
holy moly, this looks amazing!!!

why do my trees look so bad, blueish tint, .. .am I missing something in CSP that improves trees?
I'm using older SOL, but SOL shoulnd't affect trees, should it ? I feel like I would have to reduce ambient on all of the tracks. DId that on magione and it helped a lot to remove the blue tint

hopefully this does illustrate it a bit, although it's bit hard to see I suppose
F72B12862C3882E3B6923C07BE736594C364AEBF

Good morning.

First of all I would like to tell that this mod is awesome. Great work and big kuuudos for Your time!

I have a problem with SOL installation/deinstallation.

I installed manually v1.5 without CM. Then I installed CM and I installed v1.5.1 by using CM mod manager. The problem I have now is that when I disable SOL v1.5.1 in CM mod manager I have old SOL v1.5. The question that I have is the following:

I can't find any instruction how to uninstall SOL v1.5 that was installed manually. I just want to clear my AC folder and because of I have a lot of different stuff I don't want to remove all and reinstall game. How to uninstall SOL v1.5 that was installed manually like in this video. I know I can remove some files that I copied but some was overwritten and what about them?

I think using CM mod manager is much more friendly to mount/unmount such extensions like SOL but I didn't know it when I was installing manually SOL v1.5. My plan is to uninstall SOL v1.5 and install new version by using CM mod manager.

Good morning.

First of all I would like to tell that this mod is awesome. Great work and big kuuudos for Your time!

I have a problem with SOL installation/deinstallation.

I installed manually v1.5 without CM. Then I installed CM and I installed v1.5.1 by using CM mod manager. The problem I have now is that when I disable SOL v1.5.1 in CM mod manager I have old SOL v1.5. The question that I have is the following:

I can't find any instruction how to uninstall SOL v1.5 that was installed manually. I just want to clear my AC folder and because of I have a lot of different stuff I don't want to remove all and reinstall game. How to uninstall SOL v1.5 that was installed manually like in this video. I know I can remove some files that I copied but some was overwritten and what about them?

I think using CM mod manager is much more friendly to mount/unmount such extensions like SOL but I didn't know it when I was installing manually SOL v1.5. My plan is to uninstall SOL v1.5 and install new version by using CM mod manager.
copy this to AC root folder and run it. This will delete all Sol files:

holy moly, this looks amazing!!!

why do my trees look so bad, blueish tint, .. .am I missing something in CSP that improves trees?
I'm using older SOL, but SOL shoulnd't affect trees, should it ? I feel like I would have to reduce ambient on all of the tracks. DId that on magione and it helped a lot to remove the blue tint

hopefully this does illustrate it a bit, although it's bit hard to see I suppose
F72B12862C3882E3B6923C07BE736594C364AEBF
First, there is no sun in the picture and second, actually only with 3d clouds, you got the full lighting potential...
Third, you need to have the latest track config, which is also described in the install guide.
Fourth, install the track color corrections, also described in the install guide.

so you are saying that with updated SOL, trees would look better and get actual shading ?? Better looking trees could actually be a reason for me to update. You can definitely see blue-ish tint to the trees in mine, the blacks especially, whereas your is nice and green

I really like how my AC currently looks like, and I certainly dont' want to mess it up

edit: so I actually did figured out what it is :)
it's a white balance, I don't like the hue that AC has, to my it feels way too red - maybe it's my screen , I don't know,
so I set the white balance to -4 to make everything look colder, and this is what exagerates trees to have the blue-ish hue to them unfortunately, but it does make sense now

Last edited:
Hi guys! First of all! Great mod! Thank you! I discovered this mod couple of weeks ago, so I am a new user. And now... Question:

Is any mod/possibility to check current weather conditions? Because on the basic screen I always have temp of air and track from CM settings. Is not real temps from SOL mod. When the weather is changing these numbers don't change... Am I thinking correct?

Last edited:
so you are saying that with updated SOL, trees would look better and get actual shading ?? Better looking trees could actually be a reason for me to update. You can definitely see blue-ish tint to the trees in mine, the blacks especially, whereas your is nice and green

I really like how my AC currently looks like, and I certainly dont' want to mess it up

edit: so I actually did figured out what it is :)
it's a white balance, I don't like the hue that AC has, to my it feels way too red - maybe it's my screen , I don't know,
so I set the white balance to -4 to make everything look colder, and this is what exagerates trees to have the blue-ish hue to them unfortunately, but it does make sense now
does it look still too red if you use Sol 1.5.1 and __Sol_Extra filter or __Sol filter?

does it look still too red if you use Sol 1.5.1 and __Sol_Extra filter or __Sol filter?
hehe, I'm scared to update , cause each time I did, I spend half a day to tweak and update settings to get it back to how I like it :) but seeing some new screenshot from people, where there isn't any hue on trees and no red/blue tint, makes me wonder

this is from Joshkerr

thanks again !
once I have some downtime, I will probably try it out. Last time I updated to 1.3, after tweaking and adjustments, it end up looking so much better in the end

Hi guys! First of all! Great mod! Thank you! I discovered this mod couple of weeks ago, so I am a new user. And now... two questions:
1. I would like to ask you how can I make scripted and completely random weather for 3-hour race? I know basics but it doesn't work. Is somewhere instruction for this? I made one weather plan with fog as first weather and after some time weather should be changed to random... Nothing happens... Even my first conditions: there is no fog as I set. Instead, I have a completely clear sky. I rename the first line in sol_weather_plan lua file from false to true. I followed one video on YT channel. I think info from the video might be outdated.
2. Is any mod/possibility to check current weather conditions? Because on the basic screen I always have temp of air and track from CM settings. Is not real temps from SOL mod. When the weather is changing these numbers don't change... Am I thinking correct?
For now its like the weather change is set on top of the AC values. So The temps will change in the weather plan, but actually the do not have an influence on AC temps. This will change in the future.
You have to activate the weather plan in the "sol plan selector":
Screenshot_1.jpg

There you choose your plan.

If you set this in CM, The plan will run automatically when going into the session:
1587811079872.png

You could use such plan, it starts with the weather you selected in CM and then it creates 20 additional weather slots. All slots have a transition time of 180 seconds, so the plan needs 1 hour to cycle through. Feel free to edit it to your needs:

local current, last = nil, nil

local weathers = {}
weathers[0] = "LightThunderstorm"
weathers[1] = "Thunderstorm"
weathers[2] = "HeavyThunderstorm"
weathers[3] = "LightDrizzle"
weathers[4] = "Drizzle"
weathers[5] = "HeavyDrizzle"
weathers[6] = "LightRain"
weathers[7] = "Rain"
weathers[8] = "HeavyRain"
weathers[9] = "LightSnow"
weathers[10] = "Snow"
weathers[11] = "HeavySnow"
weathers[12] = "LightSleet"
weathers[13] = "Sleet"
weathers[14] = "HeavySleet"
weathers[15] = "Clear"
weathers[16] = "FewClouds"
weathers[17] = "ScatteredClouds"
weathers[18] = "BrokenClouds"
weathers[19] = "OvercastClouds"
weathers[20] = "Fog"
weathers[21] = "Mist"
weathers[22] = "Smoke"
weathers[23] = "Haze"
weathers[24] = "Sand"
weathers[25] = "Dust"
weathers[26] = "Squalls"
weathers[27] = "Tornado"
weathers[28] = "Hurricane"
weathers[29] = "Cold"
weathers[30] = "Hot"
weathers[31] = "Windy"
weathers[32] = "Hail"
weathers[100] = "NoClouds"

last = weathers[ac.getInputWeatherType()]

__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
-- weather type
weather = last,
time_holding = 0,
time_changing = 180,
temperature_ambient = random(15,20),
temperature_road = random(15,24),
wind_direction = random(0, 360),
wind_speed = random(10,30)
})

for i=1, 20 do -- create 20 weather slots

-- prevent duplicated weather
repeat
current = random({"NoClouds",
"Clear", "FewClouds", "ScatteredClouds",
"Windy", "BrokenClouds", "OvercastClouds",
"Fog", "Mist", "Smoke", "Haze",
"Sand", "Dust",
"LightDrizzle", "Drizzle", "HeavyDrizzle",
"LightRain", "Rain", "HeavyRain",
"LightThunderstorm", "Thunderstorm", "HeavyThunderstorm",
"Squalls", "Tornado", "Hurricane",
"LightSleet", "Sleet", "HeavySleet",
"LightSnow", "Snow", "HeavySnow",
"Hail"})
until last == nil or current ~= last

last = current

__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
-- weather type
weather = current,
time_holding = 0,
time_changing = 180,
temperature_ambient = random(15,20),
temperature_road = random(15,24),
wind_direction = random(0, 360),
wind_speed = random(10,30)
})
end

hehe, I'm scared to update , cause each time I did, I spend half a day to tweak and update settings to get it back to how I like it :) but seeing some new screenshot from people, where there isn't any hue on trees and no red/blue tint, makes me wonder

this is from Joshkerr

thanks again !
once I have some downtime, I will probably try it out. Last time I updated to 1.3, after tweaking and adjustments, it end up looking so much better in the end
There is also a Discord server called "PP Filter Central". Thtas the place where the "Tweakers" romp about.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 105 69.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 21.7%