Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
The install described in the install guide, is the safest way to install Sol. You can also use JSGME or the "mods" function of CM. The Sol install is in JSGME format. So if you like to install it with CM, just copy the MODS folder to AC root folder and then activate it in the MODS tab of CM.
Well the install guide reads "3. Copy the folders apps, content, extension and system to AC root folder " , no JSGME whatsoever. And can anyone help me on how to activate SOL as a mod in mods section of CM?

Also my question is how to update the working SOL version properly, just copy n paste n overwrite the 4 folders apps, content, extension and system to AC root folder ?

• Deleted member 197115

You need paid version of CM for Mods Manager support. It should be under Content/Mods.

It is a paid/full version
Copy the MODS folder to AC root folder, disable the old version of Sol and enable the new version of Sol.
1587057255848.png

No, following the install guide which is
2. Install Sol 1.5 manually:
1. Open the Sol zip.
2. In the zip, go into the folder /MODS and then /Sol
3. Copy the folders apps, content, extension and system to AC root folder
4. Confirm overwriting existing files

should i rather just take the complete SOL-'MODS' folder and paste it to the AC root's 'mods' folder, which is empty btw?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

You either do full manual install or Mods Manager, your choice.
Peter must have patience of an angel.

You either do full manual install or Mods Manager, your choice.
Peter must have patience of an angel.
Sorry to stress Peter's and anyone other's patience. It is my debut at CM with SOL and I think I did the described Full-Manual-Install, btw the only inside recommended Install Instruction.
And here we get to my very first question, how to update SOL (the full manual install) please?

No, following the install guide which is
2. Install Sol 1.5 manually:
1. Open the Sol zip.

should i rather just take the complete SOL-'MODS' folder and paste it to the AC root's 'mods' folder, which is empty btw?
The manual install is always working. But if you have the full version of CM, you can also install it via the mods tab.

So the "MODS" folder or "mods", is used as a storage for mods. There is a folder like "Sol 1.5.1" where the file/folderstructure of the game is similar. So you must put the "Sol 1.5.1" folder in the MODS folder. OR just drag'n'drop the MODS folder over the AC root folder, which does exactly the same. Its just basic windows logic. Then go to the mods tab and activate it. Nothing more!!!

So thats why i only describe the manual install, because its easier to describe - imagin you have to do this for 100 users. Some of them even struggle with drag'n'drop something to a certain folder.

THIS is the complete manual install:
1. Open the Sol zip.

There is also a video on the overview page...

Every install of Sol is a complete installation. There is no difference doing a complete new install or an update.

Hey peoples sry bout this, but can't seem to make the rain visible at all?! Got latest version of Sol and the recommended CSP version, can hear the rain and wipers but not visible....Am i missing something?

Hey peoples sry bout this, but can't seem to make the rain visible at all?! Got latest version of Sol and the recommended CSP version, can hear the rain and wipers but not visible....Am i missing something?

Rain is just visible on the windscreen. It needs a configuration via the car's CSP config. The configs for the Kunos cars and many modded cars are already made.
Be sure you have WinscreenFX activated and automatic download of car configs, like it is described in the install guide....

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 106
Ever notice Tone Mapping functions other than 2 on PP Filters cause the clouds to be extremely bright?
I like some of the filters out there a lot but I've noticed they ruin clouds until changed to Function=2, which then changes the whole appearance of the filter as a con itself.

Any cloud-focused tweaks or something I can make?

Edit:
Got it figured out.

Last edited:
So far I took a screenshot of the filter I like, changed it to Function=2 to resolve cloud brightness issues, then adjusted the Sol Config until it nearly matched the screenshot.
+ brightness
- contrast
+ exposure

About to check if the PP Filter has AE enables because when it happens it is a fine for a few seconds then becomes overbright.

Got it.

Last edited:
Rain is just visible on the windscreen. It needs a configuration via the car's CSP config. The configs for the Kunos cars and many modded cars are already made.
Be sure you have WinscreenFX activated and automatic download of car configs, like it is described in the install guide....

Hmm, then there's something missing, either my car hasn't got the config or? Yep, got Windscreen FX on, I'll check car config! Thanks

So I downloaded Sol 1.5.1 and switched my CSP version to 0.1.51 as was recommended for VR users (and followed the other steps in the install guide) and after doing that I noticed that when trees appear in my mirror they look like huge marshmallows with trees drawn on them. Is there a setting I need to correct?

Edit: I did try adjusting several different smart mirror settings but with no luck. Reverting to CSP 0.1.46 does fix the trees

Last edited:
So I downloaded Sol 1.5.1 and switched my CSP version to 0.1.51 as was recommended for VR users (and followed the other steps in the install guide) and after doing that I noticed that when trees appear in my mirror they look like huge marshmallows with trees drawn on them. Is there a setting I need to correct?

Edit: I did try adjusting several different smart mirror settings but with no luck. Reverting to CSP 0.1.46 does fix the trees
You can also try CSP 1.52. There are some settings for trees, which are deactivated in 1.52, maybe its cause by this.

Also there is one setting VR users should deactivate -> custom shadow matrices

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 88

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals