Graphics looks too sharp, flickering...

Any idea how I get the graphics to look a bit less rough? Poles and fences around the tracks flickers and looks very NOT antialiased. Everyting looks just too crisp. Running in Full HD.

LOD's set to normal in video settings. Using SOL 1.5 (latest) with suggested settings. SOL_ACC PP filter.

My eyes dont like this oversharpened look - I would prefer a softer (but still sharp) look.

Does the genereal (in video settings) Depth of field do anything to this? How about the other general video settings?

Edges on the cars, fences in far distance.... uh... looks nothing like what i have seen in other racers videos.

pixels pixels.jpg

pixels pixels far.jpg

VIDEO.jpg

off really.jpg

In the recommendations for SOL 1.5, the post process anti aliasing should be DISABLED. But is this still appliable on Full HD screens? =P

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Why do you have FXAA enabled, turn it off. You can also enable MFAA in NVidia setting to make MSAAx4 into MFAAx8. You can also set AF to x16 there as well, NVidia native AF implementation is much cleaner.
Also no reason to mix frame limit with VSync, use one or the other.

Why do you have FXAA enabled, turn it off. You can also enable MFAA in NVidia setting to make MSAAx4 into MFAAx8. You can also set AF to x16 there as well, NVidia native AF implementation is much cleaner.

Thanks! I will look into this! Im not sure I could change anything from nvidia control panel. Seems it was not avaliable (?). Thanks for the input! I need all help i can get!

FXAA...well, I need to smooth things out and what I ve read in Grapics Settings in CSP, it should be on, right? I also want a smoother picture - and then I guess it has to be ON so I can choose AA settings in the same place (CM graphics).

Hi! Yes, Vsync and fps limiter does not belong together. Youre right! Well, regarding settings in Nvidia Control panel - they seem unable to change :( Not sure why. AC.exe Is the one to change, right?

REgarding FXAA, it should be turned off in CM - Graphics from what I could read there. Does it make a diff?

Thank you! =)

Just use MSAA (higher the better) on the AC tab and turn off FXAA. Put AF at x16.
Turn off Graphic Adjustments in CSP (doesn't improve anything of note).
Turn On ExtraFX in CSP and enable Temporal Anti Aliasing, set to 50% spread and tick extra sharpening.
This gave me the best look expecially with a bit of the temporal AA set at 50%. 100% was a bit fuzzy for me.

Last edited:
PS.

The FXAA option gets modified by the CSP 'Graphics Adjustments' to provide alternative AA but as I've said forget about 'Graphics Adjustments' you can leave this off as I didn't feel it added anything worthwhile.
Just use MSAA (higher the better) on the AC tab and turn off FXAA. Put AF at x16.
Turn off Graphic Adjustments in CSP (doesn't improve anything of note).
Turn On ExtraFX in CSP and enable Temporal Anti Aliasing, set to 50% spread and tick extra sharpening.
This gave me the best look expecially with a bit of the temporal AA set at 50%. 100% was a bit fuzzy for me.
Incredibly nice settings, made my game 10x better with sharpness and the issues mentioned above in the discussion. Thank you.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.