RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one else will have access. Sorry if this was your first race on RD, first time I have ever seen this - maybe related to the new release. I'm off for some non sim gaming

Too bad about the server as I was looking forward to racing with you all, it's been a while since I raced Raceroom.

Anyways I got some things to do around the house, take care all!

Great, so not only does the host (me) lose internet but now the R3E server is buggered too? This is really going to encourage newbies to join our club.

I have no idea what was wrong and couldn't connect to the RD server to do anything from my phone. Being stuck in practice is not something that has happened in my 4+ years running this club so it has to be a bug introduced with the latest patch.

Turns out it's a known issue, though with the Christmas period who knows when it will be fixed? Until then the only solution is to have someone with server access babysit every event. Unfortunately that wasn't possible tonight.

I don't understand what you mean? Surely this event was designed to get some new people to sign up and we still haven't been able to race. Seems a bit odd not to reschedule.

Also i just checked the calendar and the club forum section and no events are listed for Saturday. How much notice do you normally give people so they can prepare?

I don't understand what you mean?
I mean that allowing non-premium members to sign up and race may not happen again. It was supposed to be a one-off for Christmas and I'd probably be pushing my luck doing it again, since I didn't have approval from management in the first place. But we'll see.

How much notice do you normally give people so they can prepare?
All R3E events are currently on Saturdays, and I usually post events on Sunday or Monday.

4) R3E POSTER.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Then just reply to this thread and you'll be added to the grid!

Racing Club Rules: Watch the Video Summary
Server Password:
Will be PM'd to all participants on race day.
TeamSpeak Server: ts.racedepartment.com (Premium only)

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Server Name: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: Group 2 - Volkswagen Scirocco
Track: Brands Hatch - Grand Prix

Saturday 02/01/21
Practice:
20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:30 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:50 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:55 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse Grid

Gr2 Scirocco: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #266
  2. paokkerkir - #173
  3. Paul_V - #64
  4. ko41 - #302
  5. FeltHat - #72
  6. StiPeX - #22
  7. PurgerUK - #133
  8. André Gee - #55
  9. Jan Larsen - #43
  10. rustymoto - #81
  11. UHF79 - #49
  12. Jopamir - #70
  13. PorDallas - #53
  14. Steve Le Gallez - #16
  15. EmielJ - #302
  16. hobsey - #31
  17. Rick K - #135
  18. alpebo - #81
  19. DKOliver - #81
  20. Dieter Bromvich - #173
  21. Trond Jørmeland - #??
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot
  26. Free slot
  27. Free slot
  28. Free slot
  29. Free slot
  30. Free slot

UTP#36

Last edited:
Additional Information

To welcome in the New Year, this event is FREE to join! In other words, it is open to all RaceDepartment members, both Premium and non-Premium. This is a great opportunity to try out our club racing scene and race in a friendly and fair environment. So what are you waiting for? Get yourself signed up now!

As I can't give out the usual server passwords to non-Premium members, the password for this event will be PM'd to all signed-up participants on race day.

For non-Premium members who are not aware of our club racing rules, I strongly encourage you to watch this video summary to get yourselves acquainted with them. A short summary can also be found below.

1) The Golden Rule - If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

2) If you are involved in an accident, do not leave your car parked on the driving line where it can cause interference to other drivers or further accidents.

3) If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line. Never attempt U-turns on the racing line as you will cause an accident.

4) Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.

5) Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 73 29.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 50 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 53 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.1%