RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@PurgerUK, I found what you were talking about with the Minis. If I'm somehow responsible for someone dive-bombing into me twice, and ramming me off the track to take my position, then I really have to wonder about our so-called "stewards". :thumbsdown:

Sorry, I was trying to recover my position from @Goffik and ended up messing your race :redface:
I would probably finish in same place even without spin. No worries from that side, just a bit earlier braking on lap 1 or lifting close to braking zone. I am not sure actually how could you get place from Ross if he is in front of me and you behind me on last right corner of the lap. Maybe we don’t mean on same corner, have to check replay.

1st race, was a clean race but just too far off the pace to be competitive. Uneventful.

Race 2, managed to avoid the carnage at the start, led for a couple of laps but inevitably got caught by the faster lads... then smashed into the stump at the end of the back straight, causing guys behind me to crash, apologies, it just turned in quicker then expected and I stopped dead. carried on then spun at last corner and the retired.

Still don't know how some folk are lapping 3 seconds faster, I just can't seem to carry the corner speed or get drive out of the slower corners - these cars are hard!

P.S was my first ever time at this track too.

You have to really lean on the downforce when it comes to corner speed. The long left hander followed by the long right hander in the middle of the lap is where you really feel the downforce. Attack the corners with late hard braking (you cant lock up at high speed), double apex them and use the throttle to balance the car for a neutral exit.
The low speed stuff is all about throttle control. Its difficult in these as they're very snap-happy, but they can be tamed. There's quite a few low speed direction changes in sector 1 and 3 and keeping the throttle input low between them helps keep the car settled. Sector 1 and 3 is NOT a place to attack the corners, really have to be gentle. T1 in particular (what a crap corner design that is) is challenging and throttle feathering is really very much required.
Also, a good FFB setup will help catching the snap oversteer. I use an aging G27 but once setup correctly (requires Logitech profiler for that) even that wheel can catch slides for you.

:D

I've used the wheel for like 10 years now so I know it very well. I'm amazed it still works just like new though. The pedal pots are on their last legs (had full throttle spikes here and there in the races tonight), but other than that, its still going strong. I'll either swap the clutch and throttle pots or buy new if available and that should make it ready for another 10 years :p
I'd love a direct drive setup but A) its expensive and B) dont really need it. I did upgrade to a triple screen setup this week and took it for its maiden voyage tonight. The extra screen width is a game changer really, no more pushing left and right buttons!

Last edited:
The pedal pots are on their last legs (had full throttle spikes here and there in the races tonight)
WD40. :thumbsup: I may have upgraded my wheel, but I still use my 10 year old G27 pedals! Whenever they start spiking, I give the pots a good spray of WD40 to clean up the contacts and, voila! Fixed.

I did upgrade to a triple screen setup this week and took it for its maiden voyage tonight.
Whaaaat? You were that bloody fast in GT3s on a single screen and G27? You're taking the mick... :x3:

Isnt contact cleaner better than WD40?

Yeah, the GT3's suits me well, and so do the DTM's, but at some point you'll pick a series I struggle more with, like single seaters, or FWD (plz dont) and I'll be less of an alien :)

Last edited:
Probably, but I don't have any and am too cheap to buy any just to clean my pots once every couple of years... :whistling:
Mine's never been cleaned, so its every couple of decades for me...
Edit: They've been mounted upside down all their life, I guess that helps cut down on dust and crap.

Last edited:
You have to really lean on the downforce when it comes to corner speed. The long left hander followed by the long right hander in the middle of the lap is where you really feel the downforce. Attack the corners with late hard braking (you cant lock up at high speed), double apex them and use the throttle to balance the car for a neutral exit.
The low speed stuff is all about throttle control. Its difficult in these as they're very snap-happy, but they can be tamed. There's quite a few low speed direction changes in sector 1 and 3 and keeping the throttle input low between them helps keep the car settled. Sector 1 and 3 is NOT a place to attack the corners, really have to be gentle. T1 in particular (what a crap corner design that is) is challenging and throttle feathering is really very much required.
Also, a good FFB setup will help catching the snap oversteer. I use an aging G27 but once setup correctly (requires Logitech profiler for that) even that wheel can catch slides for you.

Are you running stock car setup?

Thanks for explaining how you did the lap. My main mistake was that in the setup I accidentally changed the engine ratio, reducing the gears. therefore it was much easier to spin.

Results01.png

R02.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts.racedepartment.com

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - DTM Series
Cars: DTM 2020
Track: Nürburgring - Grand Prix

Saturday 31/10/20
Practice:
20:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:30 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:50 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:55 UTC (20 minutes)

DTM 2020: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - BMW #22
  2. Jan Larsen - Audi #10
  3. Steve Le Gallez - BMW #11
  4. Sasha Jednak - Audi #62
  5. EireGreen™ - Audi #51
  6. rustymoto - BMW #25
  7. PurgerUK - Audi #4
  8. Calvyn White - Audi #53
  9. Antmerino - BMW #27
  10. Jopamir - BMW #16
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot

UTP#12

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment DTM Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the calendar are as follows:

24/10/20 - Round 1: Lausitzring - DTM Grand Prix Course
31/10/20 - Round 2: Nürburgring - Grand Prix​
07/11/20 - Round 3: Zolder - Grand Prix​
14/11/20 - Round 4: Hockenheimring - Grand Prix​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Our regular club rules are still in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish the race. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.​
3) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. It's up to you if you race in each round or not.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.​
5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car and number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings01.png

Previous Results

Results01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 53 69.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 20 26.3%