RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Race one, bloody excellent racing. Really good fun, clean and fair from where I was sitting. Race two, absolute joke. Weaving, blocking, and a clear breach of the Golden Rule. Not impressed at all. Ruined a really good evening.

Edit: My apologies to @Antmerino, as it was not him responsible for the very poor driving as I claimed on TeamSpeak. Sorry mate. (The person responsible quit leaving just you ahead of me, hence the mix-up.)

Last edited:
Well this evening went better than expected. Fantastic racing on my screen, with hard to control cars I had few close battles and some side to side, all clean. No spins so a win for me.:)
Race 1: I bumped @Goffik in race 1, but it was small no time lost.
Race 2 start: I bumped someone on exit of turn 1 (to be honest it was hard to miss everyone as cars were moving almost like AI=this is just compliment to AI being so human-like) :rolleyes: After that end of lap 1, tried switchback on 2nd to last corner (I should no better than doing that on lap 1) and got "killed" by @Luca Antinori (thanks for waiting mate). After that tried to catch up to the group in front but 10 minutes was not enough. @Antmerino spun just as we should start a battle. @rustymoto was catching so I saved DRS for last 2 laps and managed to defend (by the help of someone cutting his brakes on last lap. :p On exit of last turn I saw @Jopamir in half spin (great battle in race 1 with you, hope for more next week :thumbsup: ), had DRS but didn't feel as deserved to get that position so some ghost lifted my right foot a bit.

P.S. @Steve Le Gallez these cars have launch control? :confused:

Race one was a lights to flag race really, one thing I'm unsure about though is your spin Stephen. Did I squeeze you out or did you spin on your own? If its the first one then I'm truely sorry :(
Other than that it was just a matter of keeping it on the road.

Race two was rather more eventful! Had an absolute blinder of a start and almost overtook the entire field before T1! :O_o:!Unfortunately someone from behind missed their braking point and forced me on to the grass where I spun. Such a shame, no hard feelings though, but it would have been the most epic of starts! Got going and started to hunt everyone down.Got stuck a little in the first few laps but eventually the traffic cleared, either through passing or people going off. Eventually found myself trying to hunt down Stephen but he was almost as fast as me on laptime. Managed to almost reel him in (2 secs) but ran out of laps.

Fun races guys, great fun was had :). And these cars are an absolute hoot to drive!

Last edited:
Race one, bloody excellent racing. Really good fun, clean and fair from where I was sitting. Race two, absolute joke. Weaving, blocking, and a clear breach of the Golden Rule. Not impressed at all. Ruined a really good evening.

Edit: My apologies to @Antmerino, as it was not him responsible for the very poor driving as I claimed on TeamSpeak. Sorry mate. (The person responsible quit leaving just you ahead of me, hence the mix-up.)

I have sent a private message, I think...

Race one was a lights to flag race really, one thing I'm unsure about though is your spin Stephen. Did I squeeze you out or did you spin on your own? If its the first one then I'm truely sorry :(
Other than that it was just a matter of keeping it on the road.

Race two was rather more eventful! Had an absolute blinder of a start and almost overtook the entire field before T1! :O_o:!Unfortunately someone from behind missed their braking point and forced me on to the grass where I spun. Such a shame, no hard feelings though, but it would have been the most epic of starts! Got going and started to hunt everyone down.Got stuck a little in the first few laps but eventually the traffic cleared, either through passing or people going off. Eventually found myself trying to hunt down Stephen but he was almost as fast as me on laptime. Managed to almost reel him in (2 secs) but ran out of laps.

Fun races guys, great fun was had :). And these cars are an absolute hoot to drive!
Hi Jan, no I managed to spin out on the first corner all on my lonesome, only spin I had all night but at least it gave me plenty of time to recover.

Well this evening went better than expected. Fantastic racing on my screen, with hard to control cars I had few close battles and some side to side, all clean. No spins so a win for me.:)
Race 1: I bumped @Goffik in race 1, but it was small no time lost.
Race 2 start: I bumped someone on exit of turn 1 (to be honest it was hard to miss everyone as cars were moving almost like AI=this is just compliment to AI being so human-like) :rolleyes: After that end of lap 1, tried switchback on 2nd to last corner (I should no better than doing that on lap 1) and got "killed" by @Luca Antinori (thanks for waiting mate). After that tried to catch up to the group in front but 10 minutes was not enough. @Antmerino spun just as we should start a battle. @rustymoto was catching so I saved DRS for last 2 laps and managed to defend (by the help of someone cutting his brakes on last lap. :p On exit of last turn I saw @Jopamir in half spin (great battle in race 1 with you, hope for more next week :thumbsup: ), had DRS but didn't feel as deserved to get that position so some ghost lifted my right foot a bit.

P.S. @Steve Le Gallez these cars have launch control? :confused:

Sorry, I was trying to recover my position from @Goffik and ended up messing your race :redface:

Good first race, fun battle with @JXCKG2003 for the first 3/4 - a few bumps on one of my optimistic pass attempts into T9 but hope it was all OK :thumbsup:. In the last 1/4, with @Jan Larsen way too fast and far ahead, and being hunted by @PurgerUK, the alien sandwich :alien: was too much for me and I looped it in T1, dropping two places. Only just got it going in front of @Jopamir (hope I didn't cut you off!!!) and with a small error from @JXCKG2003 managed to repass for a podium.

Race 2 was a bit tough as I promptly bounced off the wall at the start, and then hit the supermarket parking lot that was T1...I am not sure about yellow flag rules in situations like that, I felt like I gained too many positions in the carnage, but then went off on the outside of T8 and found myself dead last, so perhaps that was karma. Took a bit of time to safely pass the next car (@Goffik 's new best friend) and then slowly worked my way up to @Sasha Jednak who drove brilliantly. Last lap, drag race into T10, and I totally lost my brake marker. Was certainly a fun chase.

Hard cars - except for the usual suspects I suppose (a DNA testing shoud be in order for those two - are they human?:alien:)
In R1 had great race with @Sasha Jednak and also @JXCKG2003 battling for positions (I bumped into your side Jack in T1, Im sorry mate, I had nowhere to go anymore... And worst of all, you're brother took advantage of us both... nooo :cry: )
R2 @Steve Le Gallez was on fire and could not hold him back. Nice race bud, you're still in shape!
Had great fighting again with Jack (with Mr. Le Gallez in the mix) while trying to pass @Antmerino (nice defending mate). Then it was survive mode to the end I guess... Fun intense cars, really enjoyable but they dont give much margin for error.
See you all next one.
Cheers;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back